Forums / Discussion / General

232,813 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

What's your biggest web design pet peeve?

Last posted Apr 15, 2010 at 02:32PM EDT. Added Apr 02, 2010 at 04:10PM EDT
16 posts from 13 users

Think that bad web design is just a holdover from the days of Web 1.0? Think again. As webpages' capabilities increase, so do their capabilities for being really, really annoying.

Like images or frames that 'follow' you as you scroll down the page, and you can even see them moving down to meet you. No thank you. These always go straight to my Adblocker as soon as I see them.

Yarr. ('-' )

When websites basically say "Fuck your opinions! We're gonna keep changing it whether or not you want us to! And you know why? MONEEEEEEEEEEEEY! We get money for the more ads we place on our site! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!", like the new Youtube design for watching videos for example.

;_;

Websites with a black background or a tacky tiled one.
Youtube's layout design. Yeah, I like simplified stuff, but it's a bit too simplified in my opinion. :I
CLUTTER EVERYWHERE. D:
Pretty much every school's website design…Usually they're messy.

Last edited Apr 03, 2010 at 02:01AM EDT

When they have lots of ads. Or on videosites a video ad is playing while you're trying to watche GODDAMN MACROSS FRONTIER.
Also when people use anime-like pictures they didn't draw and don't have sauce for because Photobucket doesn't count. Seriously, at least draw your own kawaii-neko-chan-tomodachi-san.

I hate when the page opens and ad BEHIND your current browser page. And you're like, "wtf, where is that audio coming from, that scares the shit out of me" until you hit the side of your mouse (lol macfags) and see they opened a new page.

Bastards.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!