232,637 total conversations in 7,778 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Mods #5: Jostin Asuncion

Last posted Apr 12, 2010 at 05:43PM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2010 at 04:34PM EDT
11 posts from 8 users

Sorry for the wait guys.

The last interview can be found here

Today's interviewee is snowman sodomizer Jostin Asuncion

Captain Blubber: Question 1: Why did you join Know Your Meme?

Jostin Asuncion: I was already pretty much addicted to memes before even knowing the site existed. I tried to always figure out as much as I could about them with my limited researching knowledge. After finding the KYM vids on YouTube, it was inevitable for me to visit the site (but I had no intention of joining it yet).

After a few minutes lurking the forums, I stumbled upon a thread which, as the Captain correctly puts, “hurt my feelings”. I joined the site afterward to give my insights on the topic of that thread and it was only afterward that I realized I had already made myself a part of the community. After joining a site, I find that I can’t just leave it be afterward so I started participating. The rest is history.

CB: Question 2: What was your immediate reaction to becoming a mod?

JA: I knew immediately after seeing that Chris sent me a message that something was up. Though, I never expected to be promoted at the moment I did. I knew that people were vying for me to be a Know Your Meme mod but it all just happened so fast for me.

After soaking in what had happened, like Shadowfury, I just went on with my regular KYM routine.

CB: Question 3: You go by a human name (it might be yours, it might not) instead of a usual username. Is there any specific reason you did that?

JA: There's no deep and special reason behind this, to be honest. I just felt like using my real name because… I felt like it. I find it's always nice to be honest once in a while (all the time at the appropriate times would be even better).

Besides, most of my deep and dark secrets are on other sites under different usernames so I'm pretty much safe from the bunch of internet stalkers that I know you loony creepers are.

CB: Question 4: What has been your favourite experience on Know Your Meme?

JA: In all seriousness, meeting the awesome people of this site has got to be the best thing that I've experienced on the internet, period. This has got to be the greatest community I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know.

But, if I were to choose some lesser awesome experiences (but still awesome nonetheless), I'd have to include this thread, this thread, this thread, and the many threads Frk, Tomberry, and I have Jack Black-hijacked.

CB: Question 5: What’s your ideal day on KYM?

JA: A day when trolls, haters, flamers, and all the other downers stand aside for a while to let the community bustle and frolic in its platitudinous virtual lifestyle would be a really satisfying day, I should say.

Oh yeah, and maybe when the developers figure out how to send us mods some cash through the internet for our hard work, I'll be even more satisfied.

CB: Question 6: If you could hang around with ANYONE for one day, who would it be?

JA: Okay, I'll admit that I am a die hard Johnny Depp fanboy (but really, who isn't?). If I got the chance to hang out with him for even a few minutes, I would die happy.

Afterward, of course, I would kidnap him, tie him to a chair in my basement, make him watch his own movies, and force him to eat Lay's BBQ flavored potato chips while laughing maniacally in a strange stalker-fantasy kind of way. You know, stuff that normal die hard fans think about.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't force feed him Lay's. That's just cruel.

CB: Question 7: Which tv personality do you think you could beat up in a fight?

JA: Does Justin Bieber count?

I know Mellow already mentioned beating him up in her interview but I don't really care. He deserves being beat up again.

In fact, I'm glad he got beat up during his visit in Winnipeg last year. That'll teach him that it's not really a good idea going to a city where basically everybody hates your stinkin' guts.

CB: Question 8: If you ran Know Your Meme for a day, what would you do?

JA: I would probably do a lot of article sub-memeing. It's becoming a pet peeve of mine to want to sub some of the older articles to their proper parent entries without having the power to do so.

Afterward, if it was possible, I would throw a LEGAL virtual KYM party (so that even people like animecello and Pterodactyl can join in) then leave it to the Captain to clean up the mess everybody leaves behind.

CB: Question 9: What would be the prize in a box of your cereal “Josted Flakes”?

JA: I don't really know… another different brand of cereal?

CB: Question 10: What words of advice do you have for the KYM community?

JA: Just as long as you are kind and courteous, have even the faintest idea as to what an internet meme is, and ask questions on the forums before acting upon something you don't know much about, you'll survive on the site with no one being angry at you all of a sudden. People on this site used to rage too easily. I hope this still isn't the case.

Other than that, just be yourself. It's much easier than putting on a facade all the time like Blubber does. We all know you're actually a group of six year old Luxembourgian kids, Blubber, don't lie.

CB: Thank you for your time.

Last edited Apr 10, 2010 at 11:50PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!