Forums / Discussion / General

232,834 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

New meme site - memecore.com

Last posted Apr 26, 2010 at 05:40PM EDT. Added Apr 22, 2010 at 07:19PM EDT
16 posts from 11 users

I just tossed up http://www.memecore.com yesterday . It's basically an everything meme related blog. As it matures I plan to go deeper into the specific characteristics of meme resonance.

It's a work in progress, but check it out!

Actually I'm just posting memes as I see them. It's different than this site as I'm not just posting ultra-viral memes. I'm erring more towards the academic definition of a 'meme' and not the internet cultural definition. It's some of both.

It's just anything I want to post, that has some type of meme relevance. I don't have to even like the meme. Think of it as meme news I guess.

For example if I see a meme (however small) in a few different corners of the internet, I'll post about it. It can be a lame meme like bro vs flip flops. It's not about only covering the really funny/cool/viral memes.

On a website like this you need to be more selective.

Last edited Apr 22, 2010 at 11:35PM EDT

Like I said, it's not trying to be an ultra viral meme database like KYM. It's meme news with a broader view which is necessary for a blog that is updated daily. While KYM needs to be more exclusive about what memes are confirmed, a blog format meme site can use a broader definition.

tl;dr it's not trying to be KYM, it's just a blog.

Thanks Brad! I like your site too; added it to my Google Reader.

Sweatie: I didn't add them to KYM because I didn't think they were viral enough for this site. They are meme enough for mine though :P

@Mememachine – keep up the memework! I'll link to you on my own Blog/thing. Yes, I'm new here call me newbfag I don't care, having lurked for what seems like an Eternity (Calvins Klines) I decided that your thread should be the one that I post in first & introduce myself. Trumpets!

I have a blog myself, now… I do the one thing that so many people have described as the death of memes, I take them off the internetz and put them onto clothing n' sich, like they did in 1864. I'm kind of scared about it all because the last time I mentioned this I got back blasted by so many flames I was flame retarded and couldn't post anywhere because I was so retarded… by the flames. I then stumbled across KYM, while musing the Advice Dog episode my courage was boosted by the affirmation that memes are not underground knowledge for secret club websites, they should be accessible for all, for teh lulz. [Guitar solo]

So, mememachine, apols for the long winded post – but keep doing what you're doing.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!