Forums / Discussion / General

232,637 total conversations in 7,778 threads

+ New Thread

State Testing

Last posted Apr 28, 2010 at 07:17PM EDT. Added Apr 26, 2010 at 10:10AM EDT
21 posts from 16 users

I have my final one on Tuesday. They're easy, especially due to the fact that they give you so much time to do them. I had 1:45 Hours after finishing my Reading Test (I'm an Advanced English / Engrish Student) to doodle in my Notebook. I've been drawling out units for games for around 2 weeks now and have 4 Pages of them.

Standardized tests: Although they are made out to be difficult, they are extremely simple. Then again, this is from somebody who is advanced in all of his subjects, so…

Anyway, it'll be easy as long as you know… your meme?

Tests in general are really, REALLY overrated. In Australia we have a test at the end of High School called the HSC, its a huge deal and the way everyone goes on about it, its like it will make or break you. I didnt study in school so needless to say i got crappy marks, a few weeks after school finished i got a good job with nothing more than smooth talking and bs answers in the interview. Flash forward a couple of years and the people who got great marks are flipping burgers at McDonalds (Not that theres anything wrong with that).

The point is, after the test all you have is a number. Thats it.

Junior and Senior years are hell.
150 hours of service, 5 hours of homework a night, Philosophy at 6:30 in the morning, 4000 word essay, 2 different finals in each class, internal assessments, culminating project, that's what I have to do.
It makes our HSPE and the SAT look like a joke.

Up until sophomore year all the teachers were always like GET A GOOD BREAKFAST MCA'S ARE IMPORTANT (the MCA is the state test for MN)

But all through Junior year it's just like AP TESTS ACT ACT SAT AP TESTS ACT and by the time someone mentions MCAs everyone just kinda smiles and laughs.

I won't go into detail on Ireland's testing; it's tough to explain. All I'll say is that around about the time your 18 you've to do 2 full weeks of final tests that pretty much decide the rest of your life, owning to Ireland's "points" system. Quite easily you can screw yourself out of collage, and if you do that then chances are you're not going to be having much fun, especially job wise for a bunch of years.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!