Forums / Discussion / General

232,902 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Cannabis in California.

Last posted Jul 25, 2010 at 03:59PM EDT. Added Jul 19, 2010 at 02:24AM EDT
37 posts from 15 users

I wasn't sure if there was a thread about this, so I decided to make one.

Here in California, Prop 19 is up for ballot in November as to whether Cannabis should be legalized and taxed in Cali.

If legalized, Prop 19 would allow persons 21 years of age or older to purchase, grow, or transport Cannabis, as well as set a legal structure for state law enforcement to enforce taxation of the drug.

What do you guys think? And is anyone here (besides me) actually from Cali?

I'm just going to sit back and not get involved, but you can't deny its fun to watch wasted people try and put a quarter into a parking meter.

The weed issue in California is a pretty interesting social and cultural issue to me. I'd be really interested to see what would happen if Californians go ahead and legalize it, and reports suggest public opinion in Cali is 50/50 on the issue at the moment.

Personally I'd have a definitive view on the subject, but I can see some positives to at least experimenting for a few years with having weed legal.

The biggest positive is I think it'd take money away from criminals, as weed is pretty much the most popular drug of all. Although, on the other hand I wonder how that would play out in Mexico. Right now, no kidding, the mexican economy is pretty much dominated by the weed market. Most of northern Mexico is still hugely rural, however because of the North American Free Trade Agreement Mexican farmers are in direct competition with American farmers, and since American farmers are superior Mexican farmers turn to another crop. "The crop that sells" Marijuana.

TL;DR? It's a complex issue but a 5 year experimental period would be interesting to see, and the results would be very beneficial to gather.

@sweatie Killer

Legalizing all drugs isn't the greatest idea. Out in the town I live in, there's a lot of drama because a guy on PCP ate his kid's eye from his socket. No joke.

I actually think that made it to the PCP page on Dramatica, too. Lol. It was pretty big in the media.

But no, not all drugs. Weed is all natural, no one has died from it in the +5000 years of its use, and it's actually healthier for you than most cigarettes.

Last edited Jul 19, 2010 at 03:36PM EDT

I have made multiple tl;dr thesis about how to legalizing drugs in a way that would help keep crime to a minimum. Is it possible to legalize every drug and be safe and lower crime? Yes, but the problem is it is a huge logistics operation to do it.

Anyway I don't smoke weed, I smoke hash and sell pure jwp-018 (undiluted spice).

Ha. I'm an Oregonian, and I can imagine most people I know going for a lot more "Going to go see Grandma in California"kind of vacations. But I'm for it- gives the state some needed additional money, helps with crowded prisons, and it's a natural drug. Go ahead California.

@ritterburder

jwh-018 messes you up. I mean, it can be okay (not that I've ever gotten HIGH or anything shifts eyes left and right while squinting) but lying on your bathroom floor calling on your friend to come help you fight the demon that's trying to make you vomit isn't exactly my idea of a trip. Especially when he mindlessly giggles at you because he's baked out of his mind.

Remember kids, drugs are bad, 'mmkay?

Last edited Jul 20, 2010 at 02:12AM EDT

@Mellow
Puff puff pass doesn't apply to Hookah's.

It's more like "big-ass inhale oh dude take this I think my head is talking to me in Portuguese I need to stop"

@the Celt

Well we all know that Mellow is KYM's resident druglord.

Happened in a bad part of my town, in Oildale.

If you couldn't tell, Oildale is pretty scary, and known for Meth labs and cheap (yet caring) hookers.

Last edited Jul 20, 2010 at 05:34PM EDT

"@sweatie Killer

Legalizing all drugs isn’t the greatest idea. Out in the town I live in, there’s a lot of drama because a guy on PCP ate his kid’s eye from his socket. No joke.

I actually think that made it to the PCP page on Dramatica, too. Lol. It was pretty big in the media.

But no, not all drugs. Weed is all natural, no one has died from it in the +5000 years of its use, and it’s actually healthier for you than most cigarettes."

@Dave Davidson

Was not paying attention to this thread sorry about that, while yes you generally are right, but why not support a gang and buy it, its not exactly hard to get a hold of, and yes people may get busted for it, but that is not gonna stop them, the same thing happened with alcohol.

Anyways that father had a past with crime, so I am sorta surprised the mother left him with the dad.

Last edited Jul 22, 2010 at 10:57PM EDT

@sweatie

Sadly, that's what a lot of politicians would like people to believe. I mean seriously, I don't know why so many people (many of which smoke tobacco) would like to ban a substance that's considerably less harmful than most legal substances.

That being said, if legalized in California, I will not smoke American Cannabis, just as I do not smoke American tobacco. You'd be surprised the ridiculous amounts of unnatural additives in un-imported tobacco.

Also, if legalized, views for videos like this will undoubtedly go through the roof.

Last edited Jul 23, 2010 at 04:08AM EDT

@Dave Davidson

You mean like red bull? They banned that crap in France because it was killing people.

Anyways I guess I'll go tell my doctor I feel sick(the kind in your mind) , and should take at least 3-4 Zoloft a day.

Edit

But really when things do change, its gonna change from the people, not the government.

Last edited Jul 23, 2010 at 10:54AM EDT

That is scary man…I've had red bull before and never knew about this stuff. My cousin is someone who enjoys Vodka and Red Bull. On top of that I'M A STUDENT WHO GOES TO LIMERICK (ahh!), I can't believe I never heard of the guy who drank 4 red bulls and died.

Many people jokingly refer to Red Bull as cocaine in a can but…wow.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!