Forums / Discussion / General

232,826 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

First day on kym. Lets remember!

Last posted Jul 29, 2010 at 05:15PM EDT. Added Jul 28, 2010 at 06:27PM EDT
31 posts from 19 users

I got to look up my first comments I remember nearly getting permabanned for putting binary in smart thread, and than sexually harassing a troll, and getting banned, let me look real quickly.

Last edited Jul 28, 2010 at 06:40PM EDT

Sorta went something like this…

https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/3863-downvoting-sweatie-killer

Could not find my first comment sorry guys.

But it most likely had a response like

"Let me google that for you!"

Last edited Jul 28, 2010 at 06:46PM EDT

Signed up, got my poorly cropped Colin Avatar, posted in the Imaginary War thread, posted in Jamie's leaving thread, and got my first upvote in Jamie's leaving thread. Now look where I am five months later.

I didn't start posting until someone (I don't remember who) posted on my wall! Then I was like, FUCK YEAH, FORUMS.
But then I was banned for shock sites…
And then came back! Now I'm that special someone you think of every time you log into KYM. ;D

I never intended to join KYM on my first day here. I was a relatively active user on another website before even discovering it anyways.

Moving on with the story, the first day I got on KYM (after seeing the videos on YouTube for the first time), I spotted a thread on the forums which you could say hurt my feelings. Being that I was a much more emotional person back then, I felt obliged to create my own account so as to voice my opinion on the thread. I think it was the longest comment I've ever made on any website (it is deleted now along with the thread).

Anyways, after having the article resolved positively on my account and seeing how wonderful the community was (except for a select few people I didn't really like at the time because they responded negatively), I decided to look around. The first reason I came to the website was for the memes anyhow.

Seeing as the articles allowed image submissions, I filled the articles with as much related images as I could find (coz I was bored like that) and everyone started noticing and befriended me. Days later, I got more and more active, learning the tricks of the trade along the way.

Nowadays, KYM is my most frequented site with my interest in the previous website diminished to the point of no more interest. The administrators on that site were schmucks anyhow, making bullshit rules and abusing their powers.

@Jostin Asuncion

I am not talking about you being a troll, I am talking about you being trolled

Last edited Jul 29, 2010 at 03:18PM EDT

@Sweatie

No troll. That's seriously how my first day was on the site. I never intended to be a part of the site at first, but I would've regretted it if I knew how great its community and what a wonderful site it is now.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!