Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Too good not to share

Last posted Aug 11, 2010 at 10:55PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2010 at 03:55PM EDT
22 posts from 13 users

For those of you not familiar (or need a refresher), 4chan released a password that allowed access to Sarah Palin's (former vice-presidential running mate to John McCain) email account. You can scout around for the original story, but the gist of it is that 22-year-old David Kernell used that password to hack into her account and was caught (by the Cyberpolice, maybe?).

Christopher "Moot" Poole (4chan's fearless leader and admin) was called to testify about the event since the password was leaked on 4chan. For whatever reason, both the prosecution and defense teams for the case questioned Moot about some common 4chan "slang," including "new fags", "/b/ tard", and "rick roll."

Check it out on the following Businessinsider link.

>Started reading the full testimony

>Get to page 5

>Read

"…Q. However, do certain rules apply?

A. Yes, there is a note that all /b/ global or a handful of /b/ global rules apply to the /b/ board.

Q. And what is the first rule for the /b/ board and all boards?

A. Do not post any material that violates local or United States law."

Ladies and gentlemen, can you imagine the amount of restraint it must have taken to not say, "Do not talk about /b/"?

EDIT: Moar lulz
Page 25

"A. Yes, this was taken from the Anime board.

Q. It is called Animu and Mango?

A. That's a misspelling, actually. It's Anime and Mango."

Yeah. Anime and Mango. It's official.

Last edited Aug 11, 2010 at 10:12PM EDT

God this makes me lose hope in the world.

I mean I dont care if they dont know things, but this information is right there 24/7, and case related to not Forget(Actually its not, but you think you would do a bit of research.)

Last edited Aug 11, 2010 at 10:56PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!