Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,507 total conversations in 8,634 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
The internet can now find stars

Last posted May 21, 2014 at 02:35AM EDT. Added Aug 14, 2010 at 07:06PM EDT
1471 posts from 176 users

Thanks for bumping this Octopus, I was thinking about it but never got around to it.

Also, I’m having trouble with my GIMP. Can someone help me with this?:

My GIMP loads up like normal when I click it, then it gets to fonts and crashes. Then my computer crashes and I have to restart my computer. What do I do about this? I completely un-installed and re-installed GIMP and it’s still having the font problem. Can someone help me with this problem?

Jul 12, 2011 at 02:22PM EDT

Piano wrote:

….

Anyone?

Uninstall Gimp, restart windows, that way it wipes out the temp memory, and hopefully it will work.

If not find the folder containing the settings and delete it, somehow.

Jul 12, 2011 at 04:00PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Uninstall Gimp, restart windows, that way it wipes out the temp memory, and hopefully it will work.

If not find the folder containing the settings and delete it, somehow.

I tried the restart windows thing:

Nope.avi. I uninstalled GIMP, restarted windows, reinstalled GIMP, started GIMP up, and it crashed at fonts again.

How do I find the folder containing the settings, and how will deleting it work?

Jul 12, 2011 at 04:30PM EDT

Seriously bro, I wanna use my GIMP :(.

Last edited Jul 12, 2011 at 10:33PM EDT
Jul 12, 2011 at 10:33PM EDT

Piano wrote:

I tried the restart windows thing:

Nope.avi. I uninstalled GIMP, restarted windows, reinstalled GIMP, started GIMP up, and it crashed at fonts again.

How do I find the folder containing the settings, and how will deleting it work?

“Known Problems

There have been reports of crashes at startup when GIMP scans your font directories. These crashes should go away as soon as you update to a newer version of fontconfig (>= 2.2.0). As a quick workaround you can start gimp with the no-fonts command-line option but of course you will not be able to use the text tool then."- off the gimp website.

Also http://docs.gimp.org/en/font-problems.html

Last edited Jul 15, 2011 at 08:53PM EDT
Jul 15, 2011 at 08:50PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I think this thread has gone on a lot longer than it should. It needs…. TO… DIE!!!

Jul 22, 2011 at 01:11AM EDT

This thread is 1% of the total volume of KYM threads… there are 3,193 KYM threads which envy its awesomeness (Cheetos thread is cool with its bro being so awesome).

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:34PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!