Forums / Discussion / General

232,723 total conversations in 7,782 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky
New members introduce yourself

Last posted Apr 05, 2024 at 03:42AM EDT. Added Aug 20, 2010 at 11:28AM EDT
1507 posts from 1261 users

"I am Dr. Clab; my name originates from the horrible photoshop monstrosity that is a Clam with Crab legs."

HMMM i wonder.

Also my names sweatie hai

Last edited Aug 22, 2010 at 11:34PM EDT

Why are old users posting in this thread to say hi?

This is a thread so that new users who for some reason think it's necessary to introduce themselves can do so. This is not a thread for old users to circlejerk in and whore karma.

I guess some people might think this is a good way to introduce themselves to the new users. I disagree with that. New users can see you in other threads they don't have to in this one.

EDIT: I HAVE READ AND APPRECIATED THAT POST. THE POINTS BROUGHT UP WERE VERY INTERESTING. I READ THE WHOLE THING AND I THOUGHT IT WAS WELL WRITTEN AND GOT IT'S POINTS ACROSS WITHOUT BEING TOO LONG.

Edit2: I totally said that.

Last edited Aug 28, 2010 at 02:07PM EDT

@Captain Blubber

Because we be friendlys.

These forums are not that black and white are they?

Last edited Aug 28, 2010 at 02:42PM EDT

Sorry Captain Blubber, I was kidding, but I thought we had a sense of humor here considering how most users will probably create their own "I'm new here" threads anyway.

But whatever, I'm sorry Blubs :(

EDIT: what if we had a forum section completely dedicated to New users? That would curb some problems, but admittedly not everything.

Last edited Aug 28, 2010 at 02:52PM EDT

Greetings,I am undeadpope,I feel no picture may summarize me,not that I am hard to summarize,just a lacking of picture to summarize.

Also,its always good when the first thread you are greeted by has bickering in it.

As someone new,I am quite glad to see some regular come and say hello,it helps bring newbies into the regular pile rather than just post a shy "hello" that no one responses to than just lurking around the forum,afriad they and their opinions are unwelcome.

Namaste! You must login or signup first!