Forums / Discussion / General

232,888 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky
New members introduce yourself

Last posted Apr 23, 2024 at 05:52AM EDT. Added Aug 20, 2010 at 11:28AM EDT
1507 posts from 1261 users

Eh, what the hell. I'll write an into here too.

I usually go about ruining the days of anyone using Windows 95, vandalizing File Allocation Tables and deleting unsaved work but now that more people use Windows 7 things have been getting pretty boring lately.

So I've been lurking KYM for the last year. Just recently I decided to post here too.

Don't worry I wont crash KYM. I'm fascinated by internet culture and the online society that it spawns. KYM is the place to go if you want to learn more about it

ello. ive been here for awhile but never introduced myself. I am a son of inglip, lord of the Metaverse ( I got my name in a captcha in 06). Also, haters gonna hate, tatters gonna tate, and ponies gonna pwn. Also Minecraft.

Hello. I've only posted once on KYM once, and not on the forums.

EDIT: Dammit. Doesn't show my username because I've entered my real name in my account settings. Anyway, it was "Captain Headshot". Which was originally intended to be used by someone over on the IGN Boards as a character in an RPG they were allegedly making.

I used to frequent those boards, under the name "supportgunner". If you recognize me from there, then you already know a lot about me if you've browsed my post history.

I also used to frequent the TV Tropes Forums under the username "Rallyfan9000", which is also my Youtube username. If you remember me from there, you already know quite a bit about me.

For the rest of you, I'll spell it out simply. I'm a fan of off-road motor sports, such as motocross and Monster Jam, and particularly rallying. I'm also a fan of driving video games, as well as shooters, though I will openly admit that I despise the Halo franchise and view it as the most overrated franchise in video game history. I tend to favor open world sandbox games, like Fallout 3, Test Drive Unlimited and Mercenaries.

I tend to avoid media made in Japan, and take the view of "trash until proven otherwise". I am especially wary of Square Enix. I also heavily dislike the Mario franchise. However, I am a huge fan of F-Zero and Ace Combat. Though in the case of the latter, I much prefer the Blazing Angels games. Assault Horizon is pretty good, however.

Also, I am a fan of rock music, especially of styles similar to Joe Satriani, and enjoy when such music is used as the soundtrack for driving games. That said, when the game is a shooter or aerial combat game, I much prefer an orchestral score, like that of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, Medal of Honor: Frontline or the orchestral pieces from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.

The settings I prefer for my games are either real world historical, generally World War II, i.e. Blazing Angels; sci fi futuristic, i.e. F-Zero, Star Wars or Mass Effect; or alternate history set in a time period with technology of at least the 1920s, i.e. Crimson Skies. I tend to dislike fantasy settings with magic, or medieval settings in general.

The art style I prefer is best described as "realistic, but not brown". Excess brown/grey coloration without justification, excess bloom effects and the like tend to turn me off from a game. However, I'm more likely to be turned off from a game by its art style if it is too stylized, especially if it carries an anime type feel. American comic book style is tolerable for me, but not preferred.

The type of character I prefer to play as is probably best defined by characters like Nathan Zachary as seen in Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, Captain Scott Mitchell from Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Captain Chris Robinson from Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII: A well rounded leader type with a clear and distinct personality, who cares for their subordinates but ultimately puts the mission first.

And while I'm here, I'll just go ahead and mention the fact that my primary Mass Effect character is a female ultra-Paragon Soldier, whose facial appearance is based off of Jennifer Mui, from the Mercenaries series.

Last edited Nov 20, 2011 at 03:51PM EST

Hello, I am dddrgn. I am a Brony, and have recently discovered memes. Lately I have dedicated hours and days to researching them, and hope to have fun here. I will mention that I suffer from depression problems so sometimes I may seem a bit out of whack. I hope to cause no offense to anypony -I mean, anyone, while I am here.

Hi, my name is Mike, and based on my username, my favorite breed of dog is the chow chow. I just made a meme called Easily Offended Old Person because I am getting tired of all these people complaining about small and silly things and wanting things removed from the public.

Im Brawler3DS i'm going to edit pictures and also give you all some 3DS Info! My favorite memes are: Weegee, Y U NO guy, i herd u lik mudkips, and much moar!!!! What i want on KYM is Moar Krabs! Ill give you all info!!!!!

First post ololo

After lurking for a VERY long time now I have decided to join the site. I tend to have bad habits for not making these accounts when I first get into things but hey, at least I'm here now.

Look forward to making some aquaintances as well as keeping the meme wave flowing.

Fairly new on the forums, but I can safely say at this point that I hate each and every one of you. That's actually pretty good, because I came into these forums with lower expectations than this.

Hello! You must login or signup first!