Forums / Discussion / General

232,902 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Mormons?

Last posted Sep 23, 2010 at 06:48PM EDT. Added Sep 22, 2010 at 07:04PM EDT
40 posts from 16 users

I live in Utah, they aren't really as bad as they used to be(Back in the 80's when they worshiped satan), but tend to act socially awkward, and have little understanding of anything, including schooling, cultures, states.. from my point of view of course.

Last edited Sep 22, 2010 at 07:09PM EDT

Welcome to Mormon.org chat.
A representative will be with you shortly.
Agent [Laura] is ready to assist you.
Laura: Hello Cate
Me: Hi.
Laura: My name is Laura and my taeching companion Merisa is here with me
Laura: We are missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Laura: How may we help you?
Me: You spelled 'teaching' wrong.
Laura: I'm sorry
Me: Are you an AI?
Laura: What brings you to Mormon.org?
Me: Do you believe that black people are followers of satan?
Laura: No not at all
Laura: We are here to help people learn the basic beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Laura: Are you interested in doing that?
Me: That used to be a basic belief.
Me: I was just wondering. I heard something about it.
Laura: No it never was.
Me: Yes.
Laura: We never believed that
Me: But I'm sure you did.
Laura: Okay well we are not here to argue, so please enjoy the website
Laura: have a great day
Laura: bye
Me: I was wondering about the church.
The chat session has ended.

ask, "If a baby dies does it go to heaven?".

When they say yes, hopefully, because that would be bad the other way.

You reply, "so is it good to kill babies?"

They would say no.

Than reply "but they go to Heaven so its a good thing."

They have no answer.

@Kami
I come from a town with plenty of Mormons. The first governor of where I was born was this guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigham_Young
Though, that part of Utah Territory broke off and formed the Nevada territory.
Anyway, Mormon recruiting happened in Reno all the time. Their beliefs make no sense, and I'm quite sure that the founder wasn't entirely right in the head when founding Mormonism.

@Sweatie:
As a non-Mormon but sometime fundie Christian, I can answer that question. (Although I'm not sure other fundies would agree with my position.) Killing a baby is not bad for the baby, it's bad for the murderer. Of course, it's probably pretty bad for the baby's parents, too…

@427275636b6572

How can it be bad, your helping babies go to heaven, unless god wants you not to go to heaven.

Last edited Sep 22, 2010 at 10:14PM EDT

If you want to know what mormons believe just watch the episode they have about it on South Park (same for scientology).
Omomon I give you +1 for the baby.

^
shit myself
Theres one boy in our school whos a mormon,one day he thought itd be a good idea to tell someone his parents were cousins.There was already a crap load of reasons to bully him,but on that day he sold his social lifes death warrent.

Oh, and it's true about the southpark episode. The creator use to be mormon.

YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO A MORMON ALL THIS TIME.
I am orthodox

All I can say is just ignore us.
ah, I'm just going to ignore this thread.
crap crap crap crap crap
all this is is
crap crap crap crap crap

Last edited Sep 23, 2010 at 04:50PM EDT

@Alice

Cedar City.

@karnella

Sorta like a good Nazis and bad Nazis yeah?

Also before you start saying I am a hater, I have mormon friends, but even than the community I associate with will not accept them.

They call us calis, and assume we all come from California, they blame us for the economy, they blame us for almost anything they can.

Last edited Sep 23, 2010 at 05:15PM EDT

"Also before you start saying I am a hater"

Yeah maybe I do hate them, I mean all they did was judicially exterminated us up till now, and you know, I dont feel bad.

@sweatie
I'm sorry. It does happen.
Always trying to find fault in each other and defend what we do. It's human nature.

The reason why I thought you hated me was because of all the anti mormon stuff you were saying. for some reason, I thought you pointed it towards me. It was all in my mind.

Every one does something that another person disagrees with, we just have to live with it.

@karnella

I Dont hate you, there are a lot of Mormons who hate Mormons even, but it makes me wonder why they never make a separate church.

@Sweatie
I can never tell when you're being serious. Aren't there something like a couple dozen sects that have spun off of the LDS church over the years?

Yeah, thats true, but that would be better defined as a cult(like you know the pligs), were I am saying Mormons should just make another church with the same beliefs.

Last edited Sep 23, 2010 at 06:12PM EDT

Sort of like how I keep telling my friends that I wish I could belong to a religion that follows Jesus, but didn't have such a high douchebag-to-normal-person ratio?

(As was pointed out earlier in the thread, at least I can leave the Mormons with Glenn Beck.)

Last edited Sep 23, 2010 at 06:25PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!