Forums / Discussion / General

168,581 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

A Tribute to Jim Henson

Last posted Oct 24, 2010 at 06:32PM EDT. Added Sep 24, 2010 at 01:19PM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

I don’t know about everyone else, but when I was growing up, I used to love watching the Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, and movies such as “The Muppets Take Manhattan” and the classic David Bowie movie “Labyrinth.” So who do we have to thank for pioneering such awesome moments in my childhood growing up?

Jim Henson!

As the creator of the Muppets, he has gone on to create shows that would capture the imagination of kids, adults, and mental patients everywhere. He is a legend in the world of puppeteering and deserves all the recognition he received over the years.

Of course, his life came to an abrupt end on May 16, 1990, but his legacy lives on over twenty years later.

I bring up this subject because today would have been his 74th birthday. I saw this video and some videos from his memorial service and the tears kept flowing.

Thank you, Jim, for your positive contributions to my generation and for all the laughs and fun. You won’t soon be forgotten!

Last edited Sep 24, 2010 at 01:19PM EDT
Sep 24, 2010 at 01:19PM EDT

for making sesame street,the muppet show and for inspiring the greatest christmas film of all time

Jim Henson we salute you

Sep 24, 2010 at 04:06PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!