Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

What is a bad thread?

Last posted Oct 06, 2010 at 01:29PM EDT. Added Oct 05, 2010 at 03:37PM EDT
30 posts from 18 users

Be honest.

On any forum there are good threads and there are bad threads. This forum is not an exception. There are plenty of bad threads here.

But why? What do you think makes a thread bad?

To be fairly honest, I consider a thread to turn bad when it runs out of constructive posts about it and is then taken over by troll/spam/flood posts.

Trolls and flood are always a sign of lack or loss of interest.

It really depends on your viewpoint.

If you're a true spammer, one who continues to bump and necro threads with trite posts, it is likely you will dismay when your favorite reaction face thread is lost within the annals of the internet.

If you're like me, you're sick of seeing the same shit over and over, taking up the space below the JFF forum title and blocking out other potentially constructive threads.

I think a thread is bad when you can't even scroll through it, because it's so lagged down by images we don't really need in the first place
Like wallpaper threads, waste of space. I know we enjoy them and seeing what everyone has for a wallpaper, but the images lag the thread so badly, I just ragequit and go to a different thread. (I've done it myself, I'm not putting the blame on anyone ._.)

In my opinion a good thread is one where everyone participates. Threads like getting to know you it's enoyable to see how people answer the questions you ask, and no one is lagging it down with pictures everyone has seen over 9000 times. cough Vlad cough

Last edited Oct 06, 2010 at 10:00AM EDT

^ buy faster internet.

But in general I kinda get sick of the same things over and over, should actually contribute to the problem and piss people off, would be funny.

Also, when the computer's taken, i visit KYM on my wii, so embed spam owns it.

And I agree with tomberry and moargun. The best threads are the ones where everyone participates, and where there's alwyas something fresh and constructive to do in it.

Using Moargun's example, the getting to know you thread has a variety of questions, changing daily, so it's always new and fun.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!