Forums / Discussion / General

168,562 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

Surgery

Last posted Oct 21, 2010 at 11:03PM EDT. Added Oct 21, 2010 at 11:33AM EDT
21 posts from 14 users

Ever had surgery?

Or known someone who has?

I’m getting surgery next summer. I won’t be able to walk for 6 weeks.

We all know what that means. oshi-

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:33AM EDT

I know someone who has.
My Gandpaaaaaa, he has a fake knee now.
He couldn’t walk for like a month, and he’s a pretty big guy, so it was even harder for him.
He had to pee in a bottle
He had a lot of pyhsical therapy.
So I’m guessing that crap sucks dude.
Good luck with your surgery! n_n

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:38AM EDT

@ Moargun

I had to take Physical Therapy in 8th grade.

They made me pick up marbles with my toes.

Ah~ thank you, dear c:

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:43AM EDT

I once had a surgery… And that’s all you need to know.

And good luck with your surgery ;)

Last edited Oct 21, 2010 at 12:23PM EDT
Oct 21, 2010 at 12:22PM EDT

I had chest surgery twice. They told me I wouldn’t be able to get out of bed for about 3-4 days. That means I would have had to piss in a bedpan, and I was not about to do that, so I forced myself out of bed about 18 hours after the surgery to go pee (with the help of mom and a nurse).

The doctors were perplexed I was able to move, but that’s what I do. I am absolutely scared to death of hospitals, but I got through it somehow.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. If I may ask, what are you getting surgery for/on?

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:47PM EDT

My mom had surgery on her foot and she had to go on crutches for a while, but not walking for 6 weeks, wow….hope it goes alright.

Oct 21, 2010 at 01:16PM EDT

Nothing besides dentistry, but a good portion of the girls on here have penis enlargements.

Oct 21, 2010 at 01:22PM EDT

@ Brave Sir Robin

I have flat feet and it affects my gait something awful. (I have a permanent limp, basically)

I’m needing gastrocnemius lengthening surgery to lengthen the muscles in the back of my leg so my knees don’t compensate for my tight hamstrings anymore.

yepppppp.

Oct 21, 2010 at 01:52PM EDT

I once got punched in the face so hard it broke my nose, right eye socket, and cheekbone. I had two surgeries to put everything back. They had to actually lift my eye out of the socket, pull out the shattered bone fragments, and install a false “floor” for the eye socket. To clear more bone fragments out of my sinus cavity, they had to make an incision along my gum-line inside my upper lip.

They had to sever a couple of nerves between my eye socket and mouth.

For about six weeks I had to sit upright and wasn’t allowed to lay down and could only eat foods that didn’t require much chewing. I mainly survived on bananas, pudding, Sprite, and V8.

Today, my right eye is much slower to adjust to changes in light, so one eye is usually either opened or closed slightly more than the other. And I have barely any feeling on the right side of my face. And, I have a deviated septum which could be fixed with another nose-job, but I’d rather not go through it again.

Oct 21, 2010 at 02:36PM EDT

Ironically, I understood what kind of surgery you’re getting as you described it…

…and now I want to eat a turkey.

Oct 21, 2010 at 02:39PM EDT

@Chris Menning

That worse than most gore pictures, maybe its because I describe it with your words as worse as possible.

Oct 21, 2010 at 03:20PM EDT

HA! Sorry about that. The doctor’s described the procedure to me beforehand and I felt like I was going to faint or throw up. They were like, “No really, you should listen so you understand what we’re going to do.”
They first were going to install a metal plate as the new eye socket floor, but went with a silicone implant instead. I’m not sure what the benefits are of either though.

Oct 21, 2010 at 03:37PM EDT

You’re like a kickass cyborg now.

How ’bout dem apples?

Oct 21, 2010 at 06:22PM EDT

The last time I got surgery this happened-

Oct 21, 2010 at 07:09PM EDT

I’ve had surgery twice and all I have to say is that the worst part is the IV needle (just a weird sensation no pain) and then you’re tripping balls. You then proceed to trip balls for the next week or two depending on the seriousness of your surgery.

Oct 21, 2010 at 07:29PM EDT

@Chris
“wasn’t allowed to lay down”
How do you sleep like that?

Oct 21, 2010 at 09:33PM EDT

I don’t have that bad of hospital memories. When i was younger (like 6 or 7) I had to get a tumor removed from my ear. It was pretty freaky going into surgery, because when they gas you you get the feeling you can’t breathe, but after wards was fine. I and the fact that I had to spend a week up there to make sure it didn’t reform was great, they had a play room with a genesis, and me and this one kid spent nearly the whole time playing gunstar heroes and sonic 2… Good times.

Oct 21, 2010 at 09:37PM EDT

@Chris Menning

Man you gotta be careful with those doctors, they are not all knights in shining Armor, but I guess really you got no choice.

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:08PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!