Forums / Discussion / General

232,895 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Does saying "+1" actually do something?

Last posted Nov 23, 2010 at 06:04PM EST. Added Oct 27, 2010 at 10:06AM EDT
17 posts from 12 users

Every comment on a meme is something like "+1 confirm", "+1 work" or "+1 deadpool" but does saying 1 before what you want the meme to be actually make it like some kind of vote? I mean they can't just say "1 Deadpool" because it's not their decision to make it a deadpooled meme, it's the moderator's decisions.

But at the same time I'm wondering if saying 1 before something does work. Because, if you noticed, EVERY Deadpool meme has comments saying "1 Deadpool" and EVERY Confirmed meme has comments saying "+1 Confirm" so I'm starting to wonder if users decisions can change the way a meme is put into a certain catagory.

And that makes sense because the memes that I have submited aren't confirmed or deadpool. Because everyone of my comments say "+1 work" and "+1 wait"

(P.S) IF THIS IS TRUE I'M GONNA SAY +9000 DEADPOOL ON SOMEONES MEME! troll face

Actually, It does nothing. It's a mode of showing our likeing or dislikeing of an entry's completenes and overall memedom. However, It does tell what the public can see from the entry, so don't completely disregard them. We ARE a Documentation website, meaning we are used like an Encyclopedia, but for memes of the internet.

For the most part…

"+1 Confirm" is annoying because:

Just because something is a meme doesn't mean it should be confirmed. It should have confirmed facts, and then it should be confirmed. A lot of entries in submissions have false and sometimes exagerrated information. Good entries in submissions are often buried under these submissions.

"+1 Deadpool" is annoying because:

The entry moderators aren't stupid. If they should deadpool something, they will.

"+1 Work" is annoying because:

"Hey, put some work into this entry while I sit back and tell you to work."
or
"Put some work into this entry"- even though information is difficult to find.

Perhaps the only +1 comment that isn't usually annoying is +1 wait.

edit: lol k, +1 wait is annoying too

Last edited Oct 27, 2010 at 05:21PM EDT

Even with +1 wait its not achieving anything.Why do we need to know your pending your evaluation on an entry?
Its mostly new members who use it that arent familiar with the rules or faq (I was one once,we all were).

Last edited Oct 27, 2010 at 11:52AM EDT

@Ogreenworld

Actually, "+1 wait" is annoying as well.
Wait for what ? If something is trending, then there is nothing that should prevent it from being documented here, even if it's "too early", as long as it isn't like raking a water up a hill for what it is.
If the phenomenon doesn't take off, it will be deadpool'd.

That's something that a lot of people seem to be afraid of.
Having a deadpooled entry in his entry list isn't, in any way, a defect.
As long as you've learnt from it, it's simply something that wasn't big enough to be a meme in the first place and you shouldn't feel ashamed of it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!