Forums / Discussion / General

232,900 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

New Batman Movie Title!

Last posted Nov 02, 2010 at 02:32PM EDT. Added Oct 27, 2010 at 02:10PM EDT
25 posts from 14 users

According to an interview with director Christopher Nolan (previous Batman movies and Inception), the title for the new Batman movie will be:

The Dark Knight Rises

Some more information for you – it seems that Nolan will not have the film available in 3-D, as it is too "distracting."

The final bit that is known about the movie – When asked about the antagonist (villain) for the new film, Nolan very bluntly responded, "It won't be the Riddler." He also mentions that a lot of the same characters and a few new ones will be in this new film.

Question of the Day – Who will be the new Batman villain? Why him or her?

I believe Catwoman is very possible (they were having casting calls for it, or so the rumor goes), but if she is in this movie, I believe she will play the "heroic villain" (fights both Batman and whoever the main villain is towards the climax of the plot).

Personally, I would love to see Scarecrow (played by Cillian Murphy) come back as a sub-villain. As far as a main villain, my money was on the Riddler, but I'm not so sure anymore. All I know is Joseph Gordon-Levitt better be in this one somehow.

Edit – I realize I said "climax." Giggity!

Last edited Oct 27, 2010 at 02:33PM EDT

Dang! I was vying for the Riddler to be the main villain as well partly because it seemed to be the most logical answer, partly because he's my favorite Batman villain, but mostly because there were rumors that Johnny Depp could play the role and he would've been excellent for the job.

My second guess was Catwoman as well and my third Harley Quinn (but only as a tie-in to the Joker). Overall, they're going for the somewhat realistic approach for the newer movies here so characters such as Clayface, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, and Mr. Freeze to some extent may not make it into any future Batman feature film by Christopher Nolan.

I agree with bane, that would be an interesting idea, and wouldn't be cheesy, as Christopher Nolan is trying to avoid cheesyness at all costs (hence, no robin)

Last edited Oct 31, 2010 at 07:36AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!