171,518 total conversations in 5,627 threads

+ New Thread

This new layout..

Last posted Nov 26, 2010 at 01:19PM EST. Added Nov 15, 2010 at 01:57AM EST
84 posts from 48 users

Ugh.
Came back on just now after school.
LAGTASTIC.

Dear lord, it took me about two minutes to post the damn thing.

Last edited Nov 15, 2010 at 04:39PM EST
Nov 15, 2010 at 04:37PM EST

Cybergata wrote:

I wish web developers would remember that there are other browsers than IE and Mozilla. Opera is my browser of choice and the site has all sorts of bugs that show up in Opera. I don’t know if it is Opera’s reading of the site or the site itself, but the photos load in a tiny little square that can not be opened. Also, where did our favorites disappear to?

Yes, unfort Opera comprises only a small percentage of visits a day, which compared to other browser, means our focus is on reaching the most effectiveness while under very limited time and sparce resources (human and other). Sorry dawg.

If you can code and want to help, http://knowyourmeme.com/jobs

Nov 15, 2010 at 05:07PM EST

One thing that I miss are the tags… “New”, “Episode”, “Updated”, “Trending”, “NSFW”…. What happened to you guys?

Nov 15, 2010 at 05:42PM EST

It ain’t half bad yakno :)
Question though: is anybody else now struggling to change their password?
Keep getting told I need to be over 13 to have an account…I’m fairly sure I turn 23 in a month…and already have an account…¬_¬’

Nov 15, 2010 at 05:46PM EST

I for one am glad to see the new “How to Write a Meme Entry” bit in the edit section. Hopefully it’s super effective!

Nov 15, 2010 at 06:24PM EST

Doc wrote:

I for one am glad to see the new “How to Write a Meme Entry” bit in the edit section. Hopefully it’s super effective!

yessssss, perhaps they took my advice? :D

Nov 15, 2010 at 07:42PM EST

I don’t like this new layout.
All the white hurts my eyes.
Well, more than they already do.
I also think this layout makes the site more laggy.
It takes 2 minutes to load a page instead of 5 seconds.
They could have just updated the old one.
Oh, well I’ll get used to it.
Like I always do.

Last edited Nov 15, 2010 at 07:45PM EST
Nov 15, 2010 at 07:42PM EST

I tried using Chrome to see if my Opera browser was the problem with the strange photo thing (the photos open in a small square – actually they are now opening in a small square and then bursting open to the size of the photo, which is distracting to say the least) was just an Opera glitch. This is what I get from Chrome when I clicked on a photo: I also checked this strange photo thing with FoxFire, and realized that everything that is glichie in Opera is equally glichie in FoxFire.

Last edited Nov 15, 2010 at 08:50PM EST
Nov 15, 2010 at 08:48PM EST

The image stream is screwed up. There’s no thumbnail size limit, so anything much longer than it is wide or vice versa stretches out the “grid”, the right side gets cut off by the ad, and I just saw 10+ pages in a row of the same images. And it doesn’t seem to be stopping.

Also, I’m unable to add comments to articles. But I’m more concerned with the above.

Besides that, everything seems fine to me.

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:49PM EST

whenever i click an image this happens, why is this so?

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:01PM EST

OCtaPuS wrote:

Getting the same problem.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:16PM EST

OCtaPuS wrote:

I was getting that earlier, does anyone else have a huge gap above where it says Forum and the actual threads.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:28PM EST

It’s interesting that now when you look at someone’s submitted memes on their page, it also shows what memes they have editorship of.

or is that just me?

But anyway, this new layout is quite odd (and confusing) but I’ll get used to it eventually~ (maybe)

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:53PM EST

My 1024 X 576 display unaligns the main column and the “trending topics” column…

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:59PM EST

norsehorse89 wrote:

My 1024 X 576 display unaligns the main column and the “trending topics” column…

The same thing happens in three different browsers I’ve tried and in both my laptop at work and my computer at home which is set at 1280 X 1024. It is a site glitch.

Nov 16, 2010 at 01:23AM EST

Adam DeLand wrote:

@Ramses: No shit!

Me too, I’m using avast! antivirus and always reminds me about that this site haz a Trojan Horses may times.

Nov 16, 2010 at 02:01AM EST

Cybergata wrote:

The same thing happens in three different browsers I’ve tried and in both my laptop at work and my computer at home which is set at 1280 X 1024. It is a site glitch.

It is not just a site glitch, it is also a Trojan horses site from yesterday (now its now fixed)

Nov 16, 2010 at 04:19AM EST

Yeah, I’ve got the same alert message thing with Firefox.
I chose the “it’s not a threat” option though in order to open the picture.

Another thing, whenever you want to post a comment on someone’s wall, it can lag a bit, save your request but don’t go back to the wall with your comment in it. On the contrary, it stays with the little comment box and what you have written in it.
That way, because I thought it didn’t send my comment, I pressed the “post comment” button twice, resulting in the same message posted twice on her wall.
Beware of it…

Nov 16, 2010 at 05:10AM EST

I hate the new lay out! but the login screen is amazing.
I’ll get used to it. I hope. Eventually.

Screw it, I won’t.

Nov 16, 2010 at 07:13AM EST

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but there isn’t a jump between boards function anymore, which I believe is necessary if we have the stickied threads be the first up on the main forums screen, especially for general, as you can’t even see any threads, and it’s a hassle to go back to main forums then to a different section.

Nov 16, 2010 at 06:08PM EST

I personally don’t like the new layout, too much clutter and load time.

What I would do is retain both the old and the new format and switch between the two based on preference, like what Newgrounds did in their site upgrade. I wouldn’t mind the change so much if I had the choice.

Nov 16, 2010 at 06:37PM EST

Things I’d like to point out just cause I’m bored (in as much of a trying my best to not complain too much way as possible):

In addition to some of the previous comments stated (or if I repeat something said, i apologize in advance):
- Image Stream adjusts pictures by width. If someone decides to upload 23018 longcat pictures, t’would not be fun
- Tomberry has 40 pages of editorships, with a lot of them under deadpool. Brad has 52. Chris Menning has 91. Perhaps they could has sub-categorization of “submissions/editorships/deadpooled” entries?
- Google Insights looks chopped off to me
- Clicking on “Jamie W” at this page leads to this. lulz. (on purpose?)
- Most recent forum posts no longer on front page ;_;
- “Advertisements, Follow Us Online, Trending Topics” load at top of threads, therefore actual thread is pushed down about 15 inches.
- Invisible embeds on people’s walls = music for activity.
- editing your post = redirect to the first page of the thread

My complaints are largely stupid and minor, and there are a lot of things I do like about the redesign :D

I’ll get used to the format. Eventually.

Last edited Nov 17, 2010 at 05:42AM EST
Nov 17, 2010 at 05:35AM EST

Hmm, I’m not sure what’s happening with the site layout at this time, but one more suggestion I would put in is another add photo button on our own photo pages, that way when we upload an unnamed group of photos to save them (from 4chan’s 404s or something) we don’t have to go back to the general image page, click the add image button, click the upload from URL button and then put in the url.

It’d be much more direct and I’d like it a bit more.

Also, remove image function.

Nov 24, 2010 at 01:30PM EST

Chris wrote:

Hmm, I’m not sure what’s happening with the site layout at this time, but one more suggestion I would put in is another add photo button on our own photo pages, that way when we upload an unnamed group of photos to save them (from 4chan’s 404s or something) we don’t have to go back to the general image page, click the add image button, click the upload from URL button and then put in the url.

It’d be much more direct and I’d like it a bit more.

Also, remove image function.

There’s a remove photo button at the top of each photo page if you’re the uploader.

Nov 24, 2010 at 02:54PM EST

James wrote:

There’s a remove photo button at the top of each photo page if you’re the uploader.

Cool, thanks for pointing that out. :)

Nov 24, 2010 at 03:02PM EST

Looks like the problem of thumbnail size in the image stream was fixed, but 1/5 of them still get hidden by the ad on the right.

Nov 24, 2010 at 07:35PM EST

You know I really think I was quick to judge this, I actually don’t mind it too much, and I am apologizing to Greg for judging it so fast.

Nov 25, 2010 at 02:32AM EST

I’d like to comment on the arabian donkey soda submission but the comment pop up appears behind one of the comment images and I can’t get it to take priority on the first layer of the page. I’ll wait for more comments to push the picture down so that the comment pop up is visible to me but it may not be funny anymore. Or page deadpooled

The comment pop up window doesn’t appear on the first layer of the web page. This has inhibited my comments several times.

( plausable arab donkey soda comment…I’ll just leave this here.

I GOT YOUR Original Content Right HEre

1) Replace soda can with frowny imam guy
2) Plunder and post more arab crap
3) ???
4) Profit

I won’’t arabic crap flood a thread because I don’t have workable hands (disabled) to photoshop and the lulz are starting to wear off for me to do anything ambitious

Nov 26, 2010 at 01:19PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!