Forums / Discussion / General

168,608 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread

Steam Sale - Your Thoughts?

Last posted Jan 04, 2011 at 05:31AM EST. Added Jan 02, 2011 at 03:47PM EST
11 posts from 6 users

As most of you were probably aware of (or just became aware of), the annual Steam sale that has been going on for the past two weeks is coming to a close. Many great deals occurred during this two week period (Deus Ex, the F.E.A.R. series, TF2 [finally got it], Hitman series, Half-life series, etc.) and I must say that I personally was impressed with the amount of awesome games that went on sale (and how much they went on sale for; most of them were around 60-90% off).

Right now, the last day of the sale is going on, so if you didn’t get a chance to participate in this sale, you have until 10:00 AM PST to get on it! There are some awesome deals going on (Amnesia and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series are a must if you have the funds), so don’t miss out!

http://store.steampowered.com/

Did anyone else capitalize on these deals and if so, what games did you end up getting? Out of your purchases (for this sale or in the past), which games would you recommend that others try out?

As I mentioned earlier, Amnesia and TF2 have been my best purchases so far. Most people know why TF2 is a great purchase, but Amnesia: the Dark Descent is what really caught my eye. The game is about as scary as the reviews (both user and professional) give it, especially when you follow the game devs’ recommendations (headphones and completely dark room to play in). I’m a few hours into the game and I start to breathe heavy because the game’s atmosphere and soundtrack is dark and creepy (no, not like your Uncle Steve creepy).

Anyway, Happy New Year, everyone and to a bright future for our child slaves working in space.

Jan 02, 2011 at 03:47PM EST

Got bad company 2, killing floor, not much else since I already own a lot of the games that went on sale.

Jan 02, 2011 at 04:13PM EST

I bought Half Life 2, Counter Strike: Source, and Garry’s Mod.

Jan 02, 2011 at 05:28PM EST

Doc wrote:

I bought Half Life 2, Counter Strike: Source, and Garry’s Mod.

Gmod’s terror in terrorist town is an epic game mode.

Last edited Jan 02, 2011 at 05:37PM EST
Jan 02, 2011 at 05:37PM EST

I want Super Meat Boy but for obvious reasons it is not on sale tomorrow. I am not in a position to buy it today. Doesn’t Steam own some special features or something? I don’t know how that works.

Jan 02, 2011 at 06:00PM EST

I got Dead Rising 2, but I was too stupid enough not to wait for the sale TT__TT

Jan 02, 2011 at 10:25PM EST

Just bought Day of Defeat: Source as well.

Jan 02, 2011 at 10:28PM EST

Doc wrote:

Just bought Day of Defeat: Source as well.

Its the worse of the sources in my opinion, but still pretty good.

Jan 02, 2011 at 10:37PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Its the worse of the sources in my opinion, but still pretty good.

Most of my roommates play it, so I figured I’d get it while it was on sale and join them.

Jan 02, 2011 at 10:38PM EST

Doc wrote:

Most of my roommates play it, so I figured I’d get it while it was on sale and join them.

Well I guess, its just people camp to a crash extent on the game, and others rush you like no tomorrow, I guess its still pretty cheap, I just play other things.

Jan 02, 2011 at 10:41PM EST

there was some pretty nice deals on and around.
Most notably I bought Fallout New Vegas and Victoria 2.

Jan 04, 2011 at 05:31AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!