Forums / Discussion / General

232,902 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

The Future of KnowYourMeme

Last posted Jan 28, 2011 at 05:03PM EST. Added Jan 16, 2011 at 11:57PM EST
12 posts from 9 users

CEO of Rocketboom Andrew Baron gave his thoughts on KnowYourMeme on KnowYourMeme as is, the progress we've all made, and what lies ahead.

"KNOW YOUR MEME UPDATE

With regards to Know Your Meme, we are all still here, including Kenyatta and Ellie who have formalized their commitment to continuing on with active contributions, chiming into the forums, chats, the back end org, editorial, even the overall vision of what should happen next. And in addition to Kenyatta and Ellie, those of us who have been running the business of Know Your Meme on a day to day basis -- the Rocketboom Institute for Internet Studies -- are all still here at the lab working away. Today, myself, Brad Kim, James Wu, Don Caldwell, Olivia Gulin, AJ Mazur make up the core KYM staff working on matters of vision, front end and back end operations, editorial, community management, the design and interface and so many other aspects of the operations its hard to site them all. We’re keeping the servers running and managing the brain trust of those amazing minds out there in the community with the goal of continuing to provide a free and progressive place to do meme science -- to provide a place where the best ideas can be shared and celebrated. As a team, we have the monetary support we need to carry on the vision, we are tight, confident, organized, efficient and especially fulfilled.

To Kenyatta, Ellie, Jamie, Greg, Brad, James, Don, Olivia, AJ, Chris and so many more who I hardly know but give KYM so much -- you should truly be awarded the internet.
"

You may find the full blog post on Dembot. Link

I'm sure we're looking forward to the greatness down the line. And let's start it off with a nice and friendly thread about how great KYM is and what we can do to make it better.

Don wrote:

Great post apoc movie A Boy and His Dog

I was actually gonna make a reference to that, but I was not sure if anyone would have known about it.

Awesome movie indeed.

Last edited Jan 28, 2011 at 05:04PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!