Finally, it aired! I had to stay off the ponynet for about a week before the first episode aired, just to avoid spoilers. I would read through everything I missed, but I honestly can’t be bothered to read through 30 pages of forum posts. Did I miss anything important?
My thoughts on the new episode: It seemed a little rushed to begin with, but the second half more than made up for it. Discord is now best pony… draconequss… thing. He’s the ultimate troll.
So glad to see you’re back. I thought you had just left the thread altogether.
- Anyway, there was a ton of fanfiction and related criticisms being thrown around.
- There was a ton of fan characters made.
- Newer thread frequenters learned about some more advanced forum functions (e.g., quoting and all the things that quoting does, spoiler buttons thanks to RandomMan, I believe.)
- We’ve neglected using the spoiler button. I’m not sure why, but your foresight saved you from a lot of spoiling.
- Speaking of, there was a lot of spoiling.
- Season 2 premiere discussion…kinda.
I agree with you. The beginning seemed rushed, but I guess the rushed pace had to happen to reintroduce the mane 6 to the audience. After getting to Canterlot, things were paced a bit better. I laughed a lot (mostly
at with Pinkie.) Need to let the episode settle, but that seemed a bit dark for kids. I don’t think it’ll threaten the show itself, but there was some borderline nightmare fuel.
Pinkie is threatening Twilight’s spot as Best Pony again and I don’t know how to feel about this…