Forums / Discussion / General

168,586 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

Algernon wrote:

Finally, it aired! I had to stay off the ponynet for about a week before the first episode aired, just to avoid spoilers. I would read through everything I missed, but I honestly can’t be bothered to read through 30 pages of forum posts. Did I miss anything important?

My thoughts on the new episode: It seemed a little rushed to begin with, but the second half more than made up for it. Discord is now best pony… draconequss… thing. He’s the ultimate troll.

So glad to see you’re back. I thought you had just left the thread altogether.

• Anyway, there was a ton of fanfiction and related criticisms being thrown around.
  • There was a ton of fan characters made.
  • Newer thread frequenters learned about some more advanced forum functions (e.g., quoting and all the things that quoting does, spoiler buttons thanks to RandomMan, I believe.)
    • We’ve neglected using the spoiler button. I’m not sure why, but your foresight saved you from a lot of spoiling.
  • Speaking of, there was a lot of spoiling.
  • Season 2 premiere discussion…kinda.

I agree with you. The beginning seemed rushed, but I guess the rushed pace had to happen to reintroduce the mane 6 to the audience. After getting to Canterlot, things were paced a bit better. I laughed a lot (mostly at with Pinkie.) Need to let the episode settle, but that seemed a bit dark for kids. I don’t think it’ll threaten the show itself, but there was some borderline nightmare fuel.

Pinkie is threatening Twilight’s spot as Best Pony again and I don’t know how to feel about this…

Sep 17, 2011 at 02:53PM EDT

Yes yes yes! Here it is, my first picture of Vinyl Scratch. No glasses for her this time around. Sorry.

First person to quess what the deal with that suit is all about, gets an imaginary muffin.

@Algernon
Good to see you around too. I wondered why you hadn’t been around lately. Discord was definitely a positive surprise. I already dubbed him “The Original Troll”.

Pinkie and Fluttershy also provided some good laughs during the show. The coincidence of Pinkie mentioning “Chocolate Rain” was definitely funny, especially with all the fuss it caused all around. The “Slender Bunnies” were my personal favourite though.

I actually had a dream about the episode flopping, but it actually ended up exceeding all my expectations to the point that I watched it for the second time soon after.

Sep 17, 2011 at 03:25PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

Yes yes yes! Here it is, my first picture of Vinyl Scratch. No glasses for her this time around. Sorry.

First person to quess what the deal with that suit is all about, gets an imaginary muffin.

@Algernon
Good to see you around too. I wondered why you hadn’t been around lately. Discord was definitely a positive surprise. I already dubbed him “The Original Troll”.

Pinkie and Fluttershy also provided some good laughs during the show. The coincidence of Pinkie mentioning “Chocolate Rain” was definitely funny, especially with all the fuss it caused all around. The “Slender Bunnies” were my personal favourite though.

I actually had a dream about the episode flopping, but it actually ended up exceeding all my expectations to the point that I watched it for the second time soon after.

Moar. Do want moar. u giv moar DJ PON-3. nao.

Sep 17, 2011 at 03:30PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

This
Watch it.

You win.

Not specifying. You just win.

Forever.

Also, wut song is that? Song is win.

Last edited Sep 17, 2011 at 04:10PM EDT
Sep 17, 2011 at 04:09PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

This
Watch it.

also, the same goes for muumi’s vinyl scratch drawing

Sep 17, 2011 at 04:15PM EDT

Done watching episode 1 of season 2, come back seeing farewell season 1 video.

Sep 17, 2011 at 04:22PM EDT

Don’t miss it, it still exists, now the only place ponies can go is up!

Sep 17, 2011 at 04:43PM EDT

Celestia will explain how I feel about everything not pony related at the moment.

Sep 17, 2011 at 04:47PM EDT

I updated the Pony Reactions page with the crying pony gif that was based on Octavia. What you guys think about it?

The image section is currently filled with sad, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Sep 17, 2011 at 04:54PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

This
Watch it.

Farewell Season 1, you were there for us when Season 2 wasn’t. You gave us many classic images, as Season 2 will soon to.
Now get outa here. we’re watching Season 2

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:02PM EDT

SEX!!!!
Alright, now that I have your attention NINJA BIG MAC

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:05PM EDT

Platus wrote:

SEX!!!!

MOAR CYOOT!

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:07PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

@Algernon

Damn, that was REALLY beutiful. Really nice work right there.

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:09PM EDT

Platus wrote:

SEX!!!!

What?

Comic?

….awh

Last edited Sep 17, 2011 at 05:23PM EDT
Sep 17, 2011 at 05:10PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

What?

Comic?

….awh

You know Random, those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:17PM EDT

Platus wrote:

SEX!!!!

Big Mac: I don’t always pick apples. But when I do, I pick ’em with style.

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:19PM EDT

Platus wrote:

SEX!!!!

Big Mac trains to be a ninja in his spare time. (We don’t really see him doing much).

I wonder what the one with Pinkie Pie’s gonna be like?

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:30PM EDT

I finally got time to work on my fanfic. The part I’m working on is a prologue. Its not quite done yet. If I get my tasks done early tomorrow I may have it ready for DA. Just a warning, this part is pretty grimdark.

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:42PM EDT

Go back and watch the scene between Discord and Fluttershy, but imagine that Discord is every troll/parasprite on the internet and Fluttershy is the brony community.

Sep 17, 2011 at 05:50PM EDT

Beans wrote:

Go back and watch the scene between Discord and Fluttershy, but imagine that Discord is every troll/parasprite on the internet and Fluttershy is the brony community.

…but in the end, Discord still won.

Sep 17, 2011 at 06:06PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

…but in the end, Discord still won.

…we’ll see about that next week.

Sep 17, 2011 at 06:14PM EDT

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Did anyone else think of the opening scene in Yoshi’s Story when the mane six (except Twilight) turned grey? I was, since I am a Yoshi fan.

In case you guys do not know, in the opening scene in Yoshi’s Story, Baby Bowser steals the Super Happy Tree, the source of the Yoshis’ happiness, causing the Yoshis to turn discolored and to lose their harmony. Only the six baby Yoshis recently hatched from their eggs could save the other dismal Yoshis.

Here’s what I mean:

I have that game on The wii :D (i always played it when i was like 6-12 or somethin back on the nentendo 64 :D)

Sep 17, 2011 at 06:15PM EDT

Okay guys, I hate to say it, but I’m probably going to have no interaction with the site until the 1st of next month when the first non-Discord episode airs.

Edit: If you want to know why, though I doubt anyone cares, right now I’m just kinda going through a bout of depression, it comes and goes, and right now, it’s coming full force.

Last edited Sep 17, 2011 at 06:51PM EDT
Sep 17, 2011 at 06:30PM EDT

ATTN Anyone working on the OC Collab:

Karnage just put up the beginnings of the first chapter here -https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vM2WIJhNqr7SUozZyqO8FQbGzztrFsnxKBsz0_SGMt8/edit?hl=en_US#

We don’t exactly have a lot of stuff written down in stone yet, as the chapter’s barely started, but I decided I’d take on the role of Paul Revere and tell you all about it.

So… yeah.

EDIT: Failed at Textile. Re-linking.

EDIT 2: Epic-failed at Textile, screwing it in favor of direct link.

Last edited Sep 17, 2011 at 06:52PM EDT
Sep 17, 2011 at 06:49PM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:

I have that game on The wii :D (i always played it when i was like 6-12 or somethin back on the nentendo 64 :D)

My friend played that game long time ago. It looked pretty easy and looked very cute, but when my friend fell into a bottomless pit and had the Yoshi taken away to a creepy castle, I got nightmares from that scene that night.

The scene was the thing I remembered the most about the game due to its creepiness.

Here’s what I am talking about:

Last edited Sep 17, 2011 at 07:17PM EDT
Sep 17, 2011 at 07:16PM EDT

Don’t worry Dr. Raymond Stanz, we’ll be waiting for you when you return; feel better bro.
Perhaps this cute may lift your spirits a bit:

Sep 17, 2011 at 07:25PM EDT

Does anypony think this makes NM look like a cat?

Sep 17, 2011 at 07:27PM EDT

Thanks Connor, that being said, I do have one last picture to submit before I take my temporary leave.

Sep 17, 2011 at 07:38PM EDT

@Connor 1: >_> < tight hug

@Connor 2: Actually… it kinda does. It does make her look a lot like a cat. Maybe that was what the animators were thinking when they designed Nightmare Moon?

Sep 17, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT

Erin wrote:

Does anypony think this makes NM look like a cat?

Nah, cats usually have more refined facial hair:

Sep 17, 2011 at 07:45PM EDT

Yo guys, I’ve been away for some shops and guess what?? Just bought my very first MLP: FiM merchandise !!!
I first went to McDonald’s, got a Happy Meal and asked for a RD. (all that like a bawss!!)
Then I proceded to the nearest toy store and got a mini Pinkie Pie toy.
Now I’m proudly exhibiting them in my room, in my bookstand (and if anyone asks if they’re mine, I’ll just say “yes, problem?”)

@Dr. Raymond: Just get better bro. And when you do, may your body be ready for more ponies !!

Last edited Sep 17, 2011 at 07:49PM EDT
Sep 17, 2011 at 07:46PM EDT

See this? These are my ponies, I don’t play with transformers, those are for little girls.

Sep 17, 2011 at 07:49PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Cat ponies? Gentleman…

They look a bit moar liek blobs than cats.

Sep 17, 2011 at 08:06PM EDT

Erin wrote:

There are just chubby thats all.

Sep 17, 2011 at 08:15PM EDT

Just watched the episode. It was good, but nothing spectacular. Like somepony else said, the start seems a bit too fast, but it did start to slow down to a good pace once they got to Celestia. Discord, while being a horrible looking character, was possibly the best villain I have ever seen in a cartoon. He’s everything a villain should be, and at the same time everything a villain shouldn’t be, and it works. He’s charismatic, he’s manipulative, he’s opportunistic, he’s straight up evil. It’s just perfect.

We also got the first two epic Pinkie quotes with her comments on the chocolate rain (during the part at Celestia’s castle).

So yeah, while not a huge fan of this episode I still enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode.

Sep 17, 2011 at 08:40PM EDT

Erin wrote:

That’s because they’re based off of Pusheen the Cat :D

Speaking of which I found a dress Pusheen game on the site which appears to have parts to make Pusheen a unicorn pony!

Sep 17, 2011 at 08:41PM EDT

Kenny The Almighty Brony wrote:

>mfw season 2

WabbuFUCKYEA!

Sep 17, 2011 at 09:15PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Cat ponies? Gentleman…

They all look like my family cat (ie they’re fat).

Last edited Sep 17, 2011 at 09:50PM EDT
Sep 17, 2011 at 09:34PM EDT

Come on everypony, I know what will make you shake those groove thangs!

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!