Forums / Discussion / General

168,548 total conversations in 5,398 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

Beans wrote:

Do you guys think Discord was released by the CMC’s arguing? Or were they just in the wrong place at the time?

If I remember correctly, in the episode it was stated that Discord was able to escape because Celestia and Luna no longer were in control of the Elements of Harmony. But that raises the question, why hadn’t he escaped earlier? it can be assumed that Luna lost control of her Elements when she became Nightmare Moon, which was over 1000 years ago. Also, the Mane 6 have been in sole control of them at least since season one began (I’m hesitant to call it a year because the timeline is very non-structured).

Personally, I’d like to think that it would take more than an argument between some schoolchildren to unleash the greatest evil in Equestria, but that just raises the question of “Then why DID Discord wait until now?”

Any thoughts on the matter? Discuss, please.

My idea. Discord was able to be unleashed years ago. At any time, he could have unpetrified and wreaked havoc. Why did he choose this moment? Because he’s the original troll.

And trolls never have to make sense.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:55AM EDT

Beans wrote:

Do you guys think Discord was released by the CMC’s arguing? Or were they just in the wrong place at the time?

If I remember correctly, in the episode it was stated that Discord was able to escape because Celestia and Luna no longer were in control of the Elements of Harmony. But that raises the question, why hadn’t he escaped earlier? it can be assumed that Luna lost control of her Elements when she became Nightmare Moon, which was over 1000 years ago. Also, the Mane 6 have been in sole control of them at least since season one began (I’m hesitant to call it a year because the timeline is very non-structured).

Personally, I’d like to think that it would take more than an argument between some schoolchildren to unleash the greatest evil in Equestria, but that just raises the question of “Then why DID Discord wait until now?”

I was thinking about that as well.

Maybe the arrival of Nightmare Moon caused enough discord in Equestria for him to finally break through? He just didn’t break out right away because he needed to know where the Elements of Harmony (His greatest threat) were hidden so he can get them out of the way first.

Sep 18, 2011 at 11:32AM EDT

Beans wrote:

It was probably a straw that broke the camel’s back situation. He just needed a little boost of disharmony to get released. Also, Celestia still had the elements, they were no longer hers when the mane 6 obtained them. He was probably just trolling them waiting for the right moment.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:03PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

No.

I think somepony thought Twilight’s hair was bacon and ate some of it.

AND I THINK I KNOW WHO

Last edited Sep 18, 2011 at 12:14PM EDT
Sep 18, 2011 at 12:12PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

It was probably a straw that broke the camel’s back situation. He just needed a little boost of disharmony to get released. Also, Celestia still had the elements, they were no longer hers when the mane 6 obtained them. He was probably just trolling them waiting for the right moment.

Well, he didn’t actually start breaking out until Cheerelee said his name. Maybe it’s like a Beetle Juice situation, or like Candle Jack except they didn’t

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:15PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Well, he didn’t actually start breaking out until Cheerelee said his name. Maybe it’s like a Beetle Juice situation, or like Candle Jack except they didn’t

Don’t discuss the science of magic in fiction. It never works out.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:25PM EDT

Iamslow wrote:

I think somepony thought Twilight’s hair was bacon and ate some of it.

AND I THINK I KNOW WHO

A moving JPEG, WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?!?!?

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:27PM EDT

Platus wrote:

i found the secret to saying CandIe Jack’s name with out being “taken”
instead of a “l” use a capital “I” so it’s CandIe Jack as opposed to Candle Jack.
See? Can’t tell the diff

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:33PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

i found the secret to saying CandIe Jack’s name with out being “taken”
instead of a “l” use a capital “I” so it’s CandIe Jack as opposed to Candle Jack.
See? Can’t tell the diff

Guys, guys, I managed to escape. It turns out that CandIe Jack (hey, that trick works) and Pinkemina share a dungeon. She’s subletting to him. Anyway, I have to run before Scootaloo gets here – that is one fast chicken. Has anyone seen my other leg?

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:39PM EDT

How did Scoots become Pinkamina’s assistant? I thought it was Apple Bloom in the story.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:49PM EDT

You guys, Fridgerants has been permanantly banned from the site. You know that that means?

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:49PM EDT

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

You guys, Fridgerants has been permanantly banned from the site. You know that that means?

Last edited Sep 18, 2011 at 12:54PM EDT
Sep 18, 2011 at 12:53PM EDT

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Newfags never learn lol.

Sep 18, 2011 at 01:04PM EDT

Okay, so remember when we were talking about what the Mane 6 would be if they were memes? This is what the Mane 6 would be if they were memes AFTER Discord got ahold of them:

Applejack:
Nope, I wasn’t talking to anyone.

Pinkie Pie:
WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!

Rarity:
She wants my rock.

Fluttershy:
Problem, Pinkie Pie?

Rainbow Dash:
Screw this, I’m going to Cloudsdale.

Twilight was at first like:

But then she was all like:

Sep 18, 2011 at 01:06PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

How did Scoots become Pinkamina’s assistant? I thought it was Apple Bloom in the story.

I hope the author reopens questions soon, I want to ask this.

Sep 18, 2011 at 01:06PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

Spitfire has the booze.

AWWWW YEAHHHH

Sep 18, 2011 at 01:43PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

^
THAT RIGHT THERE.
I can add nothing.

Oh, I was playing an Advance Wars game (Days of Ruin, if you know the series.) I’ve had it for a while now, but I decided to go through each Tactics session since the dialogue throughout the game is pretty clever. Anyway, I came across this. It’s pretty long but I don’t think it makes much sense without context…you can always ignore it, too.

Lin: Welcome back to the war room. Today, we have a…special guest.
Dr. Morris: Oh ho ho! At last, it’s my chance to share some pearls of wisdom
with you! But first, let me entertain you with some of my trademark wit!
Lin: That’s not necessary. Can we just hear your tactical analysis?
Dr. Morris: So! A priest, a Lazurian, and a chicken walk into… Wait, that’s
not it. Oh! Right! A chicken and a Lazurian are crossing the road--

Lin: Fine. I’ll do it myself.

Lin: If an enemy planes attack, strike back with anti-air units and missiles.
Keep other units nearby to defend them from ground-based attacks. Once you’re
settled, head for the enemy HQ, taking cities as you go. That rocket could be
trouble. Use multiple units to take it out.

Dr. Morris: Oh ho! Now I remember! It wasn’t a chicken at all! It was a pony!

Lin: Dr. Morris? We will pursue the issue of the pony another time.
Understood?
Dr. Morris: Honestly! Where is your sense of humor?
Lin: It was shot off in the war. Very sad.

The doctor said it. Chicken is no longer the debate. Scootaloo is a pony (or a dodo.)

Last edited Sep 18, 2011 at 01:51PM EDT
Sep 18, 2011 at 01:50PM EDT

Anybody notice that it’s suddenly kind of difficult to get to the pony entry? I saw it wasn’t on the trending bar, so I thought “eh, I’ll just use the search engine” but then even that wouldn’t bring up the main page, just the sub memes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sep 18, 2011 at 01:57PM EDT

That Eeyore wrote:

Anybody notice that it’s suddenly kind of difficult to get to the pony entry? I saw it wasn’t on the trending bar, so I thought “eh, I’ll just use the search engine” but then even that wouldn’t bring up the main page, just the sub memes.

Just bookmark it.

It’ll make your life easier.

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:03PM EDT

That Eeyore wrote:

Yes, but mostly no.

• The entry name is “My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic.” I’d try searching for something less likely to return other results.
  • For example, if you enter “Friendship” into the search bar, you should get the ENTRY PAGE as the first item.
    • I’ve also linked to it above for easy(ier) access until we move to the next page on the forum.
  • Also, if you just search for the phrase and just hit enter (instead of choosing one of the suggestions,) it should give you all of the results for “My Little Pony.” THE subculture page will be somewhere in there.

(I posted all of that because that’s what I do, and this way, you know the logic of the site a little better. themoreyouknow.jpg

And welcome to the site, homie.

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:12PM EDT

That Eeyore wrote:

I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again. Ponies will always be there on the front page. Look under the “Trending Photos”. It’s right there below the “Follow us Online”, on top of “Popular Memes”.

I always use that link if the FiM entry isn’t on the Trending Bar. Saves me the trouble of using the search engine.

Last edited Sep 18, 2011 at 02:18PM EDT
Sep 18, 2011 at 02:17PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Yes, but mostly no.

• The entry name is “My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic.” I’d try searching for something less likely to return other results.
  • For example, if you enter “Friendship” into the search bar, you should get the ENTRY PAGE as the first item.
    • I’ve also linked to it above for easy(ier) access until we move to the next page on the forum.
  • Also, if you just search for the phrase and just hit enter (instead of choosing one of the suggestions,) it should give you all of the results for “My Little Pony.” THE subculture page will be somewhere in there.

(I posted all of that because that’s what I do, and this way, you know the logic of the site a little better. themoreyouknow.jpg

And welcome to the site, homie.

Ah, there it is. Thanks.

Also, thanks for the welcome. Been coming here for a long time, actually, just didn’t get around to making an account before today.

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:19PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

^
THAT RIGHT THERE.
I can add nothing.

Oh, I was playing an Advance Wars game (Days of Ruin, if you know the series.) I’ve had it for a while now, but I decided to go through each Tactics session since the dialogue throughout the game is pretty clever. Anyway, I came across this. It’s pretty long but I don’t think it makes much sense without context…you can always ignore it, too.

Lin: Welcome back to the war room. Today, we have a…special guest.
Dr. Morris: Oh ho ho! At last, it’s my chance to share some pearls of wisdom
with you! But first, let me entertain you with some of my trademark wit!
Lin: That’s not necessary. Can we just hear your tactical analysis?
Dr. Morris: So! A priest, a Lazurian, and a chicken walk into… Wait, that’s
not it. Oh! Right! A chicken and a Lazurian are crossing the road--

Lin: Fine. I’ll do it myself.

Lin: If an enemy planes attack, strike back with anti-air units and missiles.
Keep other units nearby to defend them from ground-based attacks. Once you’re
settled, head for the enemy HQ, taking cities as you go. That rocket could be
trouble. Use multiple units to take it out.

Dr. Morris: Oh ho! Now I remember! It wasn’t a chicken at all! It was a pony!

Lin: Dr. Morris? We will pursue the issue of the pony another time.
Understood?
Dr. Morris: Honestly! Where is your sense of humor?
Lin: It was shot off in the war. Very sad.

The doctor said it. Chicken is no longer the debate. Scootaloo is a pony (or a dodo.)

What mission is this? I have the game but can’t remember that tactics dialogue.

If it in the game, it’d b quite hilarious. You just see the word “pony” in a whole new light in all your old shit after watching MLP.

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:36PM EDT

Finally finished self revisions. Its a bit grim and the main I think comes off as a c*nt but hell it is a third revision. Here’s a prologue to the story I’m writing:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C0XQ_29_Lq0rRFF0EEKXTW6AeDpFYCg731P4Hwz434w/edit?hl=en_US

Give criticisms, possible revisions and comments. If I get time I’ll figure out the part. Then again I’m at college, tests are coming and so is Gears 3. :3

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:37PM EDT

That Eeyore wrote:

Ah, there it is. Thanks.

Also, thanks for the welcome. Been coming here for a long time, actually, just didn’t get around to making an account before today.

Ah. My bad. I’m a bit the same way.

I actually created my account a couple of years ago because I frequented the site so much then, but I very rarely participated in threads or commented. Just lurked under a name which shall not be named (totally not Voldemort.) Then PONIES.

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:46PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

What mission is this? I have the game but can’t remember that tactics dialogue.

If it in the game, it’d b quite hilarious. You just see the word “pony” in a whole new light in all your old shit after watching MLP.

Chapter 7 A Kind of Home
It’s not too far after Dr. Morris and his community are introduced. You meet Waylon and his lone Fighter, and he’s faced with the Lazurian army. (I only know in this much detail, because I’m replaying it…and I still haven’t been able to win the final battle.)

You’re right. I see “Pony,” and I can’t help but to smile a bit. I wouldn’t have posted it if pony was just randomly in the text. That wouldn’t have been enough of a tie. But when Dr. Morris said that the chicken was actually a pony, I immediately thought, “Scootaloo.”

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:56PM EDT

SO I GOT MYSELF A NEW AVATAR

Anyways Fridgerants is gone? Well less annoyance for me.

Sep 18, 2011 at 02:58PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

I think this makes the most sense. Likely, Discord was imprisoned as long as Celestia and Luna controlled the Elements of Harmony; that’s why they were kept in that abandoned keep in the middle of the Everfree forest, so no one else could get them.

When Twilight et al gained control of the elements, the walls of Discord’s prison weakened slowly over time as the wards slow failed. Eventually, they were so weak that all it took was a slight nudge to break it open.

Another thought I had was that the reason Pony culture is so obsessed with control (to the point where the seasons, the weather, and even the day-night cycle itself is precisely controlled by society and they find the prospect of nature operating by itself to be alien and frightening) is because of the time spent under Discord’s tender mercies. Sure, that happened two-thousand-plus years ago, but given the murals we saw, it seemed to have a sufficiently traumatic period for such an obsessive need for stability to become ingrained into pony culture, much like Romans became obsessed with proving how superior they were after Rome was sacked by barbarians early in their history.

I also think the Elements are actually still in the castle and that they were never stolen by Discord at all. If you notice, much of what Discord does is chicanery illusion and mind-games and Celestia DID say that they were locked in a place where only she should’ve been able to access. This makes me think that Discord simply waited until she took them out, then made it appear as if they were stolen; the elements are actually still there, but hidden from perception. It’s not too much of a stretch to make something disappear from making Rarity see a huge gem instead of the worthless rock it is.

Sep 18, 2011 at 03:05PM EDT

ScreamingDoom wrote:

I think this makes the most sense. Likely, Discord was imprisoned as long as Celestia and Luna controlled the Elements of Harmony; that’s why they were kept in that abandoned keep in the middle of the Everfree forest, so no one else could get them.

When Twilight et al gained control of the elements, the walls of Discord’s prison weakened slowly over time as the wards slow failed. Eventually, they were so weak that all it took was a slight nudge to break it open.

Another thought I had was that the reason Pony culture is so obsessed with control (to the point where the seasons, the weather, and even the day-night cycle itself is precisely controlled by society and they find the prospect of nature operating by itself to be alien and frightening) is because of the time spent under Discord’s tender mercies. Sure, that happened two-thousand-plus years ago, but given the murals we saw, it seemed to have a sufficiently traumatic period for such an obsessive need for stability to become ingrained into pony culture, much like Romans became obsessed with proving how superior they were after Rome was sacked by barbarians early in their history.

I also think the Elements are actually still in the castle and that they were never stolen by Discord at all. If you notice, much of what Discord does is chicanery illusion and mind-games and Celestia DID say that they were locked in a place where only she should’ve been able to access. This makes me think that Discord simply waited until she took them out, then made it appear as if they were stolen; the elements are actually still there, but hidden from perception. It’s not too much of a stretch to make something disappear from making Rarity see a huge gem instead of the worthless rock it is.

Sep 18, 2011 at 03:11PM EDT

ScreamingDoom wrote:

I just like how someone actually used the phrase “et al” in a forum post. I thought that I was the only one who did that. Cool.

Sep 18, 2011 at 03:27PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Hmm. Where has Ideological been for the past couple days?

I feel like a lot of people on here (myself included) tend to come and go for days at a time. I’m sure he’ll (she’ll?) be back eventually. The call of the ponies is just too strong to resist.

Sep 18, 2011 at 03:59PM EDT

Do you think any one of the CMC (or multiple) will get their cutie marks this season? The writers would lose a valuable plot device if they did though. It would be cool if that was this season’s ender.

Sep 18, 2011 at 04:02PM EDT

Beans wrote:

I feel like a lot of people on here (myself included) tend to come and go for days at a time. I’m sure he’ll (she’ll?) be back eventually. The call of the ponies is just too strong to resist.

I’m on here ALL the times. That’s so great isn’t it.
twitch
:foreveralone:

Sep 18, 2011 at 04:06PM EDT

I found this quite amusing. Off-topic, but amusing.

Last edited Sep 18, 2011 at 04:08PM EDT
Sep 18, 2011 at 04:06PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

Do as she commands and nopony gets hurt.

Already did that, you cougar.

Sep 18, 2011 at 04:13PM EDT

Hey guys, back again.
1- CMC caused Discord to escape: I agree with @Connor, probably their fight was the last thing needed for him to realize he was able to break free.

2-Fridges is banned: Well, nothing much to comment. It would totally happen one day, even with our warnings. but still…

Sep 18, 2011 at 04:14PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

Sep 18, 2011 at 04:15PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

I can’t keep that one song out of my head every time i look at this. x_x

Sep 18, 2011 at 04:17PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!