Forums / General

191,136 total conversations in 5,243 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9,959 conversations with 189 participants

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Does everyone agree that Luna is the cutest pony? :)

Yes, but mainly because of the fandom. Like @Osaka said, it’s best to wait till S2 so we can really know her.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:06PM EDT

Algernon wrote:

Hey guys, guess what?
POST 3000 GET
That was so worth the ten minute wait

Sorry. It had to be done.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:23PM EDT

Godzillan wrote:

What is everyone doing while waiting for Season 2?

Well, I just did VIdi Veni Vici, and FINALLY beat it.

You went with the Legion?! You sick, evil bastard…

Anyways, so yay, 3000 post get.

Also, I agree with Drpepperfan, Luna has no personality so far. She was in the show for less than 3 minutes, and 2/3 of her lines were just her apologizing to Celestia. She has no personality. Yet.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:29PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

You went with the Legion?! You sick, evil bastard…

Anyways, so yay, 3000 post get.

Also, I agree with Drpepperfan, Luna has no personality so far. She was in the show for less than 3 minutes, and 2/3 of her lines were just her apologizing to Celestia. She has no personality. Yet.

ima gonna guess the Legion is Fallout related?

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:32PM EDT

Judging by her appearance, she looks awesome. But we’ll see how the creators of the show portray her in the show.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:33PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

ima gonna guess the Legion is Fallout related?

Fallout: New Vegas.
Veni, Vidi, Veci is the final mission if you side with Caesar’s Legion.
+5 internets if you get the reference.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:34PM EDT

Godzillan wrote:

I hope we get Luna in season 2 though.

I remember Lauren Faust or one of the creators saying there would be a Luna-centered episode. Let’s hope it does’t dissappoint us.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:38PM EDT

I’m going to assume that there will be only one or two Luna-centered episode(s). I think the rest of the episodes will have her as a minor character.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:40PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Fallout: New Vegas.
Veni, Vidi, Veci is the final mission if you side with Caesar’s Legion.
+5 internets if you get the reference.

nope, sorry, i only played Fallout 3, and i didnt even pass the town with the warhead in it
i do want to play New Vegas, however, because I recently went to Vegas

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

nope, sorry, i only played Fallout 3, and i didnt even pass the town with the warhead in it
i do want to play New Vegas, however, because I recently went to Vegas

You don’t even need to have played New Vegas for the reference, just know a bit about Roman history.

Anyways, back to ponies!
…someone please think of a topic. I’m blank.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:46PM EDT

Say, I wonder if Luna will sing a song in season 2? If Luna’s voice actress can’t sing then, then will the creators of the show hire a voice actor to provide a singing voice for Luna?

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:49PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

You don’t even need to have played New Vegas for the reference, just know a bit about Roman history.

Anyways, back to ponies!
…someone please think of a topic. I’m blank.

BLANK FLANK haha nah i kid. Anyway while on the topic of luna WHEN she is put in season too what do you think her personality will be like and also do you think theyll make an episode all about Celestia and luna?

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:50PM EDT

Does everyone agree that Luna is the cutest pony? :)

Luna is adorable, but I do think Fluttershy is more adorable. I do like Luna though.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:50PM EDT

Blue Yoshi wrote:

I’m going to assume that there will be only one or two Luna-centered episode(s). I think the rest of the episodes will have her as a minor character.

Better minor character then no character like in Season 1. I still don’t get why the writers up and forgot her.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:53PM EDT

SinisterSnuggles wrote:

BLANK FLANK haha nah i kid. Anyway while on the topic of luna WHEN she is put in season too what do you think her personality will be like and also do you think theyll make an episode all about Celestia and luna?

It’s been confirmed Luna will have her own episode, I imagine Celestia will have a role in it.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:58PM EDT

Leland Zevo wrote:

Luna is adorable, but I do think Fluttershy is more adorable. I do like Luna though.

I love of both of them but I could only choose one character for my profile pic.

Sep 07, 2011 at 07:59PM EDT

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Say, I wonder if Luna will sing a song in season 2? If Luna’s voice actress can’t sing then, then will the creators of the show hire a voice actor to provide a singing voice for Luna?

If I’m not mistaken (though I very well could be) I think I recall reading a while back that Luna’s voice actress for her two or three lines in season one was Tabitha St. Germain, who also voices Rarity. and if I’m not mistaken again, I believe Rarity has a different voice actress for her singing voice.

So yeah. I don’t know.

P.S. Fluttershy is most adorable pony hands down. followed by Sweetie Belle.

Last edited Sep 07, 2011 at 08:01PM EDT
Sep 07, 2011 at 08:01PM EDT

Beans wrote:

If I’m not mistaken (though I very well could be) I think I recall reading a while back that Luna’s voice actress for her two or three lines in season one was Tabitha St. Germain, who also voices Rarity. and if I’m not mistaken again, I believe Rarity has a different voice actress for her singing voice.

So yeah. I don’t know.

P.S. Fluttershy is most adorable pony hands down. followed by Sweetie Belle.

You’re correct on both fronts!

(Fun fact, Rainbow Dash/Applejack’s VA, Asleigh Ball, is the only VA in the main cast who provides her own singing voice. She also fronts a rock band. You do the math.)

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:03PM EDT

I love of both of them but I could only choose one character for my profile pic.

Could only choose one?
Silly filly… You can always have both

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:03PM EDT

Yeah, I know. I myself couldn’t have a pony avatar for the obvious reasons, lol.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:04PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Could only choose one?
Silly filly… You can always have both

I would up your karma a million times if I could.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:05PM EDT

SinisterSnuggles wrote:

I want all the Luna. I hope so about that episode, they better make it about 20% cooler than most others. I want Luna’s personality to be quiet but she’ll do what she needs to to get what she wants, not in such a drastic way as Nightmare Moon though. I still want her to remain cute. Perhaps it could show the sisters as fillies in that episode… What does everypony think?

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:08PM EDT

Oh by the way, when I said Vidi Veni Vici, I meant the pair of levels from VVVVVV.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:08PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

I want all the Luna. I hope so about that episode, they better make it about 20% cooler than most others. I want Luna’s personality to be quiet but she’ll do what she needs to to get what she wants, not in such a drastic way as Nightmare Moon though. I still want her to remain cute. Perhaps it could show the sisters as fillies in that episode… What does everypony think?

Would be nice. She’d be cuter and 20% cooler. Win-win.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:10PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

It’s been confirmed Luna will have her own episode, I imagine Celestia will have a role in it.

Really? Confirmed? Sounds like a whole lot of boring, but OK FINE. She’d better compliment Celestia in some perfectly clever way though.

Like Celestia is regal and has a bright demeanor with light-hearted humor, so I’d hope that Luna acts nothing like royalty and is deadpan most of the time or something. I’m guessing the writers will make it entertaining, but I can’t bring myself to believe that I will like that episode.

Someone hold me to this opinion now and make me eat these words if I am wrong.

Last edited Sep 07, 2011 at 08:15PM EDT
Sep 07, 2011 at 08:13PM EDT

I don’t understand the obsession with Luna. She had, like, 3 lines. I’m all in favor of having an episode about her so we can learn more about her character, but I don’t really get why she’s risen to such great popularity.

Then again I shouldn’t really be surprised. Practically every character on the show (even background characters with NO lines or even names) has its own devoted fanbase.

I dun get it.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:14PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

yea it could be like there sitting in there room and they recall all the good times they had so its like a flash back episode. i love those

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:14PM EDT

SinisterSnuggles wrote:

yea it could be like there sitting in there room and they recall all the good times they had so its like a flash back episode. i love those

As do I, SS. As do I.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:17PM EDT

@Beans the Brony

This is pretty much what I think.

Oh looki dere, new title. Cool.

Last edited Sep 07, 2011 at 08:18PM EDT
Sep 07, 2011 at 08:17PM EDT

Beans wrote:

I don’t understand the obsession with Luna. She had, like, 3 lines. I’m all in favor of having an episode about her so we can learn more about her character, but I don’t really get why she’s risen to such great popularity.

Then again I shouldn’t really be surprised. Practically every character on the show (even background characters with NO lines or even names) has its own devoted fanbase.

I dun get it.

It’s the “leave more to the imagination” approach, so when bronies have a chance to create a character from scratch they will only create something that they would like. It’s simple psychology really.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:18PM EDT

The funny thing is that Beans is using Derpy there, and her main thing stems from one line and an animation error.

Last edited Sep 07, 2011 at 08:22PM EDT
Sep 07, 2011 at 08:21PM EDT

Leland Zevo wrote:

The funny thing is that Beans is using Derpy there, and her main thing stems from one line and an animation error.

i.e. “Muffin.”

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:23PM EDT

i.e. “Muffin.”

Which she may not have even said.
There were two ponies in that scene mouthing “Muffins…”.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:27PM EDT

i.e. “Muffin.”

Excatly. The thing is, differen’t people are going to like different things, background ponies or such, no matter how long they’re on the screen.

Heck, for as short a time as he was on, I wouldn’t be to surprised if Pokey Pierce had his own share of fans as well.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:29PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Which she may not have even said.
There were two ponies in that scene mouthing “Muffins…”.

Which would make it even more funny, but Derpy’s mouth seemed to match the word, IMO anyways.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:31PM EDT

Godzillan wrote:

Oh by the way, when I said Vidi Veni Vici, I meant the pair of levels from VVVVVV.

I came, I saw, I conquered, i already knew that reference, i thought it was a Fallout reference >.<
my dupid compooper had quit on me,
Okay, lets see, whats the topic now

I dun no

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:50PM EDT

Leland Zevo wrote:

Excatly. The thing is, differen’t people are going to like different things, background ponies or such, no matter how long they’re on the screen.

Heck, for as short a time as he was on, I wouldn’t be to surprised if Pokey Pierce had his own share of fans as well.

If it means anything, I know of at least one fanfic with Pokey as the protagonist.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:51PM EDT

Leland Zevo wrote:

That was kind of my point. You’ll notice that Scratch and Luna are in there too.

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:53PM EDT

Hmm… Who do y’all think is the most undervalued MLP character, either by other characters or by the fandom at large?

Sep 07, 2011 at 08:58PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

Hmm… Who do y’all think is the most undervalued MLP character, either by other characters or by the fandom at large?

Hum… now that you mentioned, I can only think of one

Sep 07, 2011 at 09:04PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

Twilight Sparkle.

No? Alright, I’d say Scootaloo. Sure, she has the whole chicken thing going for her and the Scootabuse/Scootaffection sub-memes. However, I think she’s just plain awesome in her own right, and I don’t think she’s known for that. She’s like Rainbow Dash, but I probably like her more than Rainbow Dash.

“You know where we can find a cannon at this hour?”
Genius.

Sep 07, 2011 at 09:04PM EDT

NOTGONNACRYNOTGONNACRYNOTGONNACRYNOTGONNACRY

Sep 07, 2011 at 09:09PM EDT

NOOOOO!!! Too! Much! SAD!!!

Sep 07, 2011 at 09:10PM EDT

Beans wrote:

That was kind of my point. You’ll notice that Scratch and Luna are in there too.

Yeah, I know. The thing is, it just happens. The focus is supposed to be on the mane six, but people sometimes latch onto different background characters for different reasons.

Also, Plauts, if you don’t mind, could you post the link to one of those on my wall, I kinda would like to read it. Thanks!

Sep 07, 2011 at 09:12PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

Carrot Top, I wish she did more than get robbed by Derpy.

Sep 07, 2011 at 09:18PM EDT

Well, thanks for posting that before i went to bed.
Now I can sleep with this in mind

Sep 07, 2011 at 09:24PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

Well, thanks for posting that before i went to bed.
Now I can sleep with this in mind

The same happened when you posted a link to that goddamned Slender Mane fanfic.
I say we’re even now.

Last edited Sep 07, 2011 at 09:30PM EDT
Sep 07, 2011 at 09:28PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!