Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

CitationNeeded wrote:

Well…
that was…
meh.

Cupcakes all over again. Pretty bad, but it’s not awful.

Cupcakes has left a stain so deep in our brains that no amount of bleach will rid us of this scourge.

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:09PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

Cupcakes has left a stain so deep in our brains that no amount of bleach will rid us of this scourge.

I seem to be the only person who didn’t think Cupcakes was that bad.
Maybe my mental capacity is too low to understand it?

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:14PM EDT

It goes like this: Humanity, the cosmo, and god is at the omega point and when they verge into one living being it becomes 2 and BAM luna and celestia was created and they decided to make Equestia and for fun put a line of pinkie pie saying “And thats how Equestria was made” at the end of it for shits and giggles. just a idea for a fanfic in theory of how there universe was made :l

Last edited Sep 08, 2011 at 06:16PM EDT
Sep 08, 2011 at 06:15PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

I was talking to my brother about it and he told me when he read it he was like “what? no rape?”

he reads about serial killers a lot lol

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:18PM EDT

On the topic of fanfiction,

I wanted to write a Cupcakes alternate ending so Dashie doesn’t die, but it wouldn’t be one to make it all better so you can forget about it.
I think everypony should read Cupcakes to strengthen their resolve.

As to shipping, it’s enjoyable if written well. I only like mane 6 shipping if it’s for comedic purposes.

What is this “Rainbow Factory”?

The clopfics that are more extreme shipping more than, you know… stuff, are okay. The short not disgusting copypasta ones are okay. But some of them are just bleh.

I enjoy Pinkamina shipping because it’s so, just, durrrrrr…

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:22PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

I didn’t think it was that bad either. It was undoubtedly one of the most messed up fan fictions I’ve ever read, but I got through it in one piece.

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:23PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

On the topic of fanfiction,

I wanted to write a Cupcakes alternate ending so Dashie doesn’t die, but it wouldn’t be one to make it all better so you can forget about it.
I think everypony should read Cupcakes to strengthen their resolve.

As to shipping, it’s enjoyable if written well. I only like mane 6 shipping if it’s for comedic purposes.

What is this “Rainbow Factory”?

The clopfics that are more extreme shipping more than, you know… stuff, are okay. The short not disgusting copypasta ones are okay. But some of them are just bleh.

I enjoy Pinkamina shipping because it’s so, just, durrrrrr…

Rainbow Factory is…
just…
go Google it. Talking too much about it would spoil it.

Er, fair warning: it’s a grimdark.

Last edited Sep 08, 2011 at 06:26PM EDT
Sep 08, 2011 at 06:23PM EDT

you got to look up the video and go into its description to get a link to the fanfic

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:27PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Well…
that was…
meh.

Cupcakes all over again. Pretty bad, but it’s not awful.

I laugh at Cupcakes, hoping that it will make it go away.

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:28PM EDT

Can somepony summarize it for me. I read the last paragraph and I can guess what happened.

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:34PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Out of curiosity, I’d like to know everyone’s opinions on shipping in MLP fics. My friend told me the other day he likes reading shipping fics, so yeah. I’d like to know what other people think.

I can’t stand it. It’s nonsensical, inappropriate, and makes the brony community look like foreveralones… most of the time. I’ll admit some of it can actually make for good story development so long as it keeps to this code.

+ No mane 6 characters… period.
+ No gay/lesbian parings (not that I have a problem with homosexuality, but it’s HIGHLY inappropriate for this setting)
+ No dirty stuff, no sex (obviously), no sensual kissing, no innuendo, none of that mess.

I think that’s all, for example I like the idea of Applebloom having a crush on Spike, or Braeburn and Little Strong Heart falling for eachother. But most of the stuff pumped out by the internet fanfic machine is just insulting to the show and it’s creators.

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:35PM EDT

i should laugh at slendermane to make him go away by watching this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmZ90VijO_0

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:37PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

Can somepony summarize it for me. I read the last paragraph and I can guess what happened.

[photo:171854]

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:39PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

well we can not explain it to you unless some how by pm cause it would be a spoiler to the rest of the bronies.

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:43PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Rainbow Factory is…
just…
go Google it. Talking too much about it would spoil it.

Er, fair warning: it’s a grimdark.

Well THATS an understatement
as for the Slender Mane
it doesnt matter if you laugh or not
though that vid was funny.

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:55PM EDT

Hey, everypony! I finished! I haven’t decided on a cutie mark, but I’m leaning toward a creeper (from minecraft) face. What do you think?

Sep 08, 2011 at 06:58PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

Hey, everypony! I finished! I haven’t decided on a cutie mark, but I’m leaning toward a creeper (from minecraft) face. What do you think?

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:00PM EDT

i want mine to be a hammer and a wrench crossing each other with a power klaw in the middle

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:05PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

First try at drawing teh poniez?

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:07PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

Good job.
Wish I could draw.
>_>

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:11PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Out of curiosity, I’d like to know everyone’s opinions on shipping in MLP fics. My friend told me the other day he likes reading shipping fics, so yeah. I’d like to know what other people think.

I actually don’t read much fanfiction, so I don’t really have an opinion on it. Now, shipping in art on the other hand I can say I like. And I don’t even mean the clop art. Some of the ships are really sweet, and the Lyra/Bon Bon one always makes me smile.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:12PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

I can’t stand it. It’s nonsensical, inappropriate, and makes the brony community look like foreveralones… most of the time. I’ll admit some of it can actually make for good story development so long as it keeps to this code.

+ No gay/lesbian parings (not that I have a problem with homosexuality, but it’s HIGHLY inappropriate for this setting)
+ No dirty stuff, no sex (obviously), no sensual kissing, no innuendo, none of that mess.

I think that’s all, for example I like the idea of Applebloom having a crush on Spike, or Braeburn and Little Strong Heart falling for eachother. But most of the stuff pumped out by the internet fanfic machine is just insulting to the show and it’s creators.

I’m glad some people don’t stick to that code.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:20PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

I’m glad some people don’t stick to that code.

I’m almost afraid to ask, but what do you mean?

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:22PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

I’m almost afraid to ask, but what do you mean?

Nothing bad, but the shipping fic I linked to was Trixie/Fluttershy, so that already broke the mane 6 and no F/F rule he posted.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:26PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Nothing bad, but the shipping fic I linked to was Trixie/Fluttershy, so that already broke the mane 6 and no F/F rule he posted.

Oh, right.

Derp.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:28PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

THEY’VE NEVER EVEN APPEARED IN THE SAME EPISODE! WTF internet?!

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:28PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

…It’s called fanfiction for a reason. I’m not a fan of shipping, but still. It’s just a story, that a FAN wrote.

inb4flamewar

Last edited Sep 08, 2011 at 07:35PM EDT
Sep 08, 2011 at 07:33PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

Just wondering, who made you fan fiction ruler all of a sudden? Besides, Algernon posted a link to a fic that still broke 2 of your rules.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:35PM EDT

Although I’m sure the current topic is one of great merit, I just thought I’d pop in to say I went to a Target today to look for a b-day gift for my five year old cousin and I couldn’t help but notice they didn’t have a single MLP toy. How disappointing.

As far as fanfics go though, I can’t say I’m really a fanfic kind of guy. Anything that uses already established characters, etc. really gets on my nerves for some reason. I’m okay with stuff involving background characters and the like though.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:36PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

The internet knows no rules.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:37PM EDT

Speaking of fanfictions, i gotta get started on mine >.<

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:38PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

I think I’ve found your worst nightmare: Luna’s Socks
It’s a shipping fic that:

• Involves a mane 6 character, Twilight
  • Involves lesbianism
  • Gets pretty… ‘intense’, for lack of a better word (It’s a borderline clopfiction).
  • Involves your favouritest pony of all time – Luna!

Enjoy

Last edited Sep 08, 2011 at 07:40PM EDT
Sep 08, 2011 at 07:39PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

The internet knows no rules.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/rules-of-the-internet

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:39PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

Speaking of fanfictions, i gotta get started on mine >.<

If yod don’t mind my asking, what is it about?

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT

NO ARGUING! Especially over something so trivial as fanfics. Don’t force your opinions on others, I’m not saying that that is going on right now, but for the future…

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:43PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

If yod don’t mind my asking, what is it about?

Flare Chaser’s introduction to Ponyville, then im gonna do one where SS and DT switch bodies with the CMC
then im doing a Cupcakes parody

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:43PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

First try at drawing teh poniez?

I drew Dash’s head from a picture online once (you can see it in my photos in my profile); this one I modeled on the pegasus Dr. Whoof, Vinyl Scratch, some pegasus with folded wings, and from my imagination.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:46PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

Flare Chaser’s introduction to Ponyville, then im gonna do one where SS and DT switch bodies with the CMC
then im doing a Cupcakes parody

Intresting, especally the Cupcakes thing since most people hate that for obvious reasons.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:49PM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

I drew Dash’s head from a picture online once (you can see it in my photos in my profile); this one I modeled on the pegasus Dr. Whoof, Vinyl Scratch, some pegasus with folded wings, and from my imagination.

You, sir, have talent in the art department.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:50PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Just wondering, who made you fan fiction ruler all of a sudden? Besides, Algernon posted a link to a fic that still broke 2 of your rules.

Rules? I never said those where rules people HAD to follow, I couldn’t stop them if I wanted to anyway. That’s just my personal code, if it breaks those then I’m not interested.

I’m allowed to state my opinion, that doesn’t mean I’m telling people what to do.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:51PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Intresting, especally the Cupcakes thing since most people hate that for obvious reasons.

Flare kills and bakes ponies into donuts in the style of a Saw game.

Last edited Sep 08, 2011 at 07:54PM EDT
Sep 08, 2011 at 07:51PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

Rules? I never said those where rules people HAD to follow, I couldn’t stop them if I wanted to anyway. That’s just my personal code, if it breaks those then I’m not interested.

I’m allowed to state my opinion, that doesn’t mean I’m telling people what to do.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:53PM EDT

Algernon wrote:

I think I’ve found your worst nightmare: Luna’s Socks
It’s a shipping fic that:

• Involves a mane 6 character, Twilight
  • Involves lesbianism
  • Gets pretty… ‘intense’, for lack of a better word (It’s a borderline clopfiction).
  • Involves your favouritest pony of all time – Luna!

Enjoy

You’re a cruel man Algernon.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:54PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

No, but when you freak out over such thing like some author pairing Trixie and Fluttershy together, it kinda gets irritating after a while.

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:54PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/rules-of-the-internet

The internet knows no rules

• Other than its own.
Sep 08, 2011 at 07:55PM EDT

As much as I would like to stay and participate, I must be off now. I’m not sure why, but my computer hates these forums and does its best to slow me down when I’m on here. I’ll lurk some later if I get bored. :p

Sep 08, 2011 at 07:59PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!