Forums / Discussion / General

168,567 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

Ack! Horror fanarts are now taking over this place! Must…counter it…with…THIS!

Sep 15, 2011 at 09:46PM EDT
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Ack! Horror fanarts are now taking over this place! Must…counter it…with…THIS!

Thanks, I needed that.

Sep 15, 2011 at 09:48PM EDT
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Ack! Horror fanarts are now taking over this place! Must…counter it…with…THIS!

Only one thing to say to you >_>

Sep 15, 2011 at 09:49PM EDT
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Ack! Horror fanarts are now taking over this place! Must…counter it…with…THIS!

D’awwwww.

This is one reason why, if I am ever given the chance to hug Fluttershy, I will not say no.

Sep 15, 2011 at 09:50PM EDT
Quote

Maybe I shouldn’t have posted that manga with Molestia in it…. =P

Last edited Sep 15, 2011 at 09:53PM EDT
Sep 15, 2011 at 09:53PM EDT
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Maybe I shouldn’t have posted that manga with Molestia in it…. =P

CUTENESS PAGE!

Sep 15, 2011 at 09:54PM EDT
Quote

Godzillan wrote:

CUTENESS PAGE!

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:02PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Ima go to bed now night every one!

YES! gives tight hug to Pinkie

And on that note, an hour passes way too damn fast. I’ve gotta go to bed right now. Sorry.

See everypony tomorrow, I guess. (I’ll be here for longer)

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:05PM EDT
Quote

with the R34 stuff and all the creepy images I think new forum readers have been effectively scared away. Need more cute, and less creepy/R34.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:12PM EDT

omgitsmr wrote:

with the R34 stuff and all the creepy images I think new forum readers have been effectively scared away. Need more cute, and less creepy/R34.

True dat. Bring on the fillies!

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:15PM EDT
Quote

Godzillan wrote:

CUTENESS PAGE!

Cuteness page you say?

And some epic pinkie for good measure

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:16PM EDT
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

How about this one?

Seizure dance!

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:50PM EDT
Quote

Back from my dad’s bday dinner at *APPLE*bee’s (my suggestion ^ _ ^ )

@Connor: Why, oh why could you let Molestia posses you? She’s hell fucking creepy IMO (though Trollestia can be hilarious sometimes)

As for R34, I once more say: As ponies, NO!. As humans, HELL YEAH!

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:17PM EDT
Quote

Whoa. I just received over 100 Karma on my profile. Thanks, everypony!

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:24PM EDT
Quote

everyone
CUTENESS CANNON!

Oh am I am attempt to help my friend become a brony.

Last edited Sep 15, 2011 at 11:42PM EDT
Sep 15, 2011 at 11:34PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Back from my dad’s bday dinner at *APPLE*bee’s (my suggestion ^ _ ^ )

@Connor: Why, oh why could you let Molestia posses you? She’s hell fucking creepy IMO (though Trollestia can be hilarious sometimes)

As for R34, I once more say: As ponies, NO!. As humans, HELL YEAH!

All R34 for humans? Because I’ve seen some f*ed up sh*t and it was human.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:49PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

All R34 for humans? Because I’ve seen some f*ed up sh*t and it was human.

OK, I know that are some freaked out R34 with human ponies as well, and I don’t like them.

But what I meant to say is, when comming across any R34 stuff, I’d rather see it with humans so they don’t get me traumatized from the cute-rape things some people make with the pony characters.

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 12:00AM EDT
Sep 15, 2011 at 11:58PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Back from my dad’s bday dinner at *APPLE*bee’s (my suggestion ^ _ ^ )

@Connor: Why, oh why could you let Molestia posses you? She’s hell fucking creepy IMO (though Trollestia can be hilarious sometimes)

As for R34, I once more say: As ponies, NO!. As humans, HELL YEAH!

Hmmm… I’m okay with pony R34 if it’s tame, NO anthro pony porn.

Me gusta Molestia.

Now imma go dream of cuddling Luna, bye!

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:00AM EDT
Quote

That’s it. Going to bed. Going to dream of ponies. In SSSSPPPAAAAAAACCCEEE!!!!

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:38AM EDT
Quote

Here’s a question before I go to bed.
What pony would you like as a pet?

I would probably like Fluttershy because, well she’s quiet and she can fly. THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD NEED

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:49AM EDT
Quote

This has seriously been the longest week ever I’m not even kidding.

Just one more day to go and OH DAMMIT ALL How did I forget I have to do something every Saturday morning!?!

Sigh… looks like I’ll have to wait for a Youtube upload…

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 01:06AM EDT
Sep 16, 2011 at 12:50AM EDT
Quote

I just looked through the images posted in pages 100-103 and here’s how the order went:

Party!!!
Hugs?
Rule 34/Celestia’s dark side
Scary stuff
Cute stuff

How interesting….

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:59AM EDT
Quote

Probably you people already seen this but posting it anyway:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/exclusive-season-1-retrospective.html

Sep 16, 2011 at 03:34AM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Oh hay japan seem like they are taking notice of mlp too

Just popping back in to say that this isn’t actually from Japan. It’s by the deviantart artist Emlan , who is actually from Sweden. Here, have a picture by her of all the ponies as dogs.

Sep 16, 2011 at 04:23AM EDT
Quote

Emlan is also the one who drew the Fluttershy-with-RD’s-hair comic a while back amongst many many others.

Sep 16, 2011 at 05:02AM EDT
Quote

Hai guys. Need to head to school in about 40 minutes.
So anyways, I’ve noticed something: when I read stories, I always envision the characters as people I’ve seen before. I can never make my own person. It’s annoying.
HOWEVER, in pony related stories, I’ve noticed I’m actually good at making new ponies in my mind. I have no idea why.

Sep 16, 2011 at 06:05AM EDT
Quote

Hey guess guess what, i had a MLP dre-
(reads coments)
… I’m just gonna sit this one out
also i found this

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 06:31AM EDT
Sep 16, 2011 at 06:29AM EDT
Quote

I also edited chapter 2 of the story, explaining as to why exactly apples are so cheap and why 7 bits is so much. Just check the author’s notes section.

Sep 16, 2011 at 06:33AM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Emlan is also the one who drew the Fluttershy-with-RD’s-hair comic a while back amongst many many others.

Well no wonder the drawing style seemed so familiar. I’ve seen her works around, but never really bothered to look her up on dA. It was fun to notice that she was actually behind one of my alltime favourite pony comics.



By the way, as you people probably noticed, I changed my avatar. But while doing so, I figured out a pointless little thing (slowpoke), that might interest some of you. It’s just that JPEG files look really bad when made into an avatar. So if you want your picture to look better and sharper in small size, change it from a JPEG file, to a 300×300 PNG file. Yes, it’s irrelevant, but I just wanted to mention it.

@ CitationNeeded

Character creation is really something everyone cannot pull off. When designing a human character, someone has probably already come up with an exact same kind of character, but I guess making pony characters give you sort of an imaginative “reboot”.

How many of you guys write fanfiction around here then? I know I’m more of a drawfriend myself, but I’ve tried writing one short story myself too. It was like a damn acid trip, and weird as hell… Especially since I’m not a native english speaker. But it’s something I made myself, so I guess I’m a bit pround about it.

Sep 16, 2011 at 06:34AM EDT
Quote

Muumi wrote:

Well no wonder the drawing style seemed so familiar. I’ve seen her works around, but never really bothered to look her up on dA. It was fun to notice that she was actually behind one of my alltime favourite pony comics.



By the way, as you people probably noticed, I changed my avatar. But while doing so, I figured out a pointless little thing (slowpoke), that might interest some of you. It’s just that JPEG files look really bad when made into an avatar. So if you want your picture to look better and sharper in small size, change it from a JPEG file, to a 300×300 PNG file. Yes, it’s irrelevant, but I just wanted to mention it.

@ CitationNeeded

Character creation is really something everyone cannot pull off. When designing a human character, someone has probably already come up with an exact same kind of character, but I guess making pony characters give you sort of an imaginative “reboot”.

How many of you guys write fanfiction around here then? I know I’m more of a drawfriend myself, but I’ve tried writing one short story myself too. It was like a damn acid trip, and weird as hell… Especially since I’m not a native english speaker. But it’s something I made myself, so I guess I’m a bit pround about it.

Ha, I love that comic too.
Well, I’m writing a semi-serious story revolving around an OC, check my last post for a link to it if you’re interested. badsitrep is going to be writing one later, Ideological Aerostat is also writing one, and so is Karnage. I believe Daniel Vazquez is writing an RDR crossover one as well.
Alright, I need to go to school now. Bai guyse.

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 06:40AM EDT
Sep 16, 2011 at 06:37AM EDT
Quote

No I’m not a writer. I am a set dresser for movies, commercials, and music videos. I have been working a bunch lately.

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 06:51AM EDT
Sep 16, 2011 at 06:43AM EDT
Quote

Hey, we finally got a That Guy With the Glasses reference, it starts at 4:10 here: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/ask-thatguy/32441-episode-63

Sep 16, 2011 at 08:12AM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Ha, I love that comic too.
Well, I’m writing a semi-serious story revolving around an OC, check my last post for a link to it if you’re interested. badsitrep is going to be writing one later, Ideological Aerostat is also writing one, and so is Karnage. I believe Daniel Vazquez is writing an RDR crossover one as well.
Alright, I need to go to school now. Bai guyse.

Cool. I checked out that story of yours, especially since it wasn’t intimidatingly long. Nice work alltogether, though it might’ve been better not to mention the exact years in the first chapter, since ponies are known to age differently. More vague terms might’ve been the way to go. Blitz also seems a bit emo, but I guess the story is about him becoming a better person.

As for my own little fic, I can just drop the description of the story. That pretty much explains the whole thing.

“A mysterious old book grants Twilight a peek far into her future, in form of visions of the fates of her dear friends, and those who lived around her. The journey she took, was invaluable for a scholar such as herself. But was it worth scarring her for the rest of her life?”

It’s a bit sad strory, but not really dark. Bittersweet might be the best word for it. It also forces the reader to make their own conclusions about the events, since nothing is given on a silver platter.

Sep 16, 2011 at 08:37AM EDT
Quote

>mfw realizing season 2 is tomorrow, but I won’t be able to watch it when it premiers.

Sep 16, 2011 at 08:51AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Hey, we finally got a That Guy With the Glasses reference, it starts at 4:10 here: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/ask-thatguy/32441-episode-63

I watched that earlier, and I legitimately laughed my ass off at it. That Guy having a mental break down was epic. Good to see that Doug is part of the herd.

On a totally unrelated note, less than 24 hours to go. Hopefully my body will be ready for the epicness that we are going to see.

Sep 16, 2011 at 09:21AM EDT
Quote

Shall we all agree to go to sleep early tonight and resume our banter promptly at 6:30 (or whenever the episode starts for you)?

Sep 16, 2011 at 09:29AM EDT
Quote

I’m about to go to bed (Damn well near midnight here) so discussion will most likely be slow when I wake up because of sleeping bronies, but that’s okay. Good night/day/evening/morning/albatross everypony. Let the friendship be with you all.

Sep 16, 2011 at 09:42AM EDT
Quote

season is tommorw the internet will explode?

seriously though how is the reaction gonna be like?

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:32AM EDT
Quote

Hitting on a few things I missed before I rage quit the site for the night:

Godzillan wrote:

Here’s a question before I go to bed.
What pony would you like as a pet?

I don’t think I’d want any pony as a pet. I’d feel like they are all too intelligent for them to be pet-like. I wouldn’t mind having Twilight Sparkle or Applejack as a friend. I’d prefer them to be human. I generally see ponies being in Equestria and me being on Earth away from Equestria.

Anyway, Applejack seems to be a well-balanced pony who’s athletic with a good head on her shoulders. Also, her values (and her accent) remind me of home a bit. Twilight Sparkle is very smart and really geeky. She’d fit right in with my friends. And I like the way she carries herself on a regular basis.
 
Connor wrote:

Shall we all agree to go to sleep early tonight and resume our banter promptly at 6:30 (or whenever the episode starts for you)?

No. At least, I’m not in agreement with something that time specific. I figured we’d just come on whenever, watch the show (if you’re able,) and come back to talk ponies (WITH NO SPOILERS) for the next two days (i.e., Monday mid-morning)

Speaking of Connor (I’m going to use massive formatting…I may say it twice…if you choose to pay attention to anything, please pay attention to this:)

DO NOT QUOTE POSTS WITH OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT
It duplicates the post, thereby multiplying the objectionable content.

I will now use a picture to better catch your attention and to express my frustration from last night:
It's common sense, guys. Please think your posts through. Also, if you notice in hindsight that an image will play the Song of Shitstorms, go back to your last save point and DELETE THE POST.

I will repeat verbatum:

DO NOT QUOTE POSTS WITH OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT
It duplicates the post, thereby multiplying the objectionable content.

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 12:07PM EDT
Sep 16, 2011 at 11:52AM EDT
Quote

@ Verbose

I couldn’t agree more with you about the objectionable comment thing. When I saw that one pic being posted over and over again in replies, I couldn’t help but to facepalm. I thought not quoting that kind of post was obvious. Turns out I was wrong.

But I seriously doubt we can keep the spoilers away for the weekend, when the new episode airs. It’s something that will definitely bring more people here, and not all are aware of the agreement not to post spoilers about the episode. And even if they knew about the agreement, something would definitely slip up anyway…


On other news, I finally finished my first picture of Vinyl Scratch, and I’ll be uploading it to deviantART tomorrow. I’ll be sure to show it to you guys here too. Next, I’ll start working on my scary badass version of Discord, and after that, I’ll return to the NGE D&R parody poster.

I hope the new season will give me more inspiration to draw. I’ve been feeling really lazy for the past few weeks, and haven’t been able to bring myself to the drawing table as often as I’d like.

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 12:21PM EDT
Sep 16, 2011 at 12:13PM EDT
Quote

Freakinator wrote:

One day left.

What in the five fingers of the heavenly lord above all that exists is THAT?!

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:36PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!