Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

10. seconds. flat.

Simply stunning. I give it 9/10.

(holy shit that was fast)

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:29PM EDT

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Simply stunning. I give it 9/10.

(holy shit that was fast)

Just type the right words and you have a 90% chance of finding exactly what you want.
FACT!

Last edited Sep 27, 2011 at 09:34PM EDT
Sep 27, 2011 at 09:33PM EDT

Hey guys, check the MAD episode with the MLP reference

Weirdest. shipping. EVAH!

That is not apple jack those guys need to get their shit together… ._.

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:53PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

@Bronydude:

@Cite: Eh. Different strokes for different folks, or so the saying goes. I think.

NOOOO!!! Do. not. want. PIMPSACORD!!!

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:56PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

I think I’mma turn in now.

Night, sweet pony dreams to all about to sleep/currently sleeping.

Ima do the same night everypony (I hope I won’t have a cupcakes nightmare again). ಠ_ಠ

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:04PM EDT

Hey guys, check the MAD episode with the MLP reference

Weirdest. shipping. EVAH!

Daniel Craig kisses a pony that is a recolor of Applejack.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:13PM EDT

I think that MAD Applejack (by design) is closer to the real thing than anyone is willing to admit.

Also, Pimpscord. By the power of your pimpclaw, let these non-believers know who you are.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:23PM EDT

Do you guys even think the ten-year-olds that watch this Cartoon Network crap even acknowledge MLP? Seriously, I figure they focus on stuff directed at their demographic, like Transformers or whatever, and they stay towards boys’ stuff out of peer pressure and fear of being gay. That’s what it was like when I was younger, and I don’t think it’s changed in the last few years.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:24PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Do you guys even think the ten-year-olds that watch this Cartoon Network crap even acknowledge MLP? Seriously, I figure they focus on stuff directed at their demographic, like Transformers or whatever, and they stay towards boys’ stuff out of peer pressure and fear of being gay. That’s what it was like when I was younger, and I don’t think it’s changed in the last few years.

The good thing for me was that everyone already thought I was gay, even though I’m not, and they just left me alone, which helps me to do whatever the fuck I want. So it all worked out.

Anyway, the only cartoon I ever liked was Spongebob, which is mostly gender neutral.

But I live in UT, and everything is backwards up here.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:28PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Your comment reminded me of the time when Cartoon Network did not air any crappy cartoons.

I miss Dexter’s Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and other awesome cartoons on that channel. =(

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:35PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

Do you guys even think the ten-year-olds that watch this Cartoon Network crap even acknowledge MLP?

They’ve probably acknowledged it, but you’re right. Pre-adolescents usually are consumed with appearing like their gender-specific adult counterpart. Most 10-year old boys probably are going to be weirded out by a parody unless it’s a vicious, scathing parody.

I missed when they aired the Tex Avery Show. And Toonami. And all cartoons all of the time.

Also, the poll on Equestria Daily has exceeded 20,000 respondents.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:40PM EDT

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Your comment reminded me of the time when Cartoon Network did not air any crappy cartoons.

I miss Dexter’s Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and other awesome cartoons on that channel. =(

Hell yeah. The golden age of CN was the 90’s-Early 2000’s.

I remember one wekeend staying awaken a whole night only searching and remembering all the awesome cartoons I used watch back then, and far before MLP, some of my favourites were Sakura Card Captors and Sailor Moon that I watched on Toonami.

Ah, good times….

Last edited Sep 27, 2011 at 10:47PM EDT
Sep 27, 2011 at 10:44PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Fridge Logic wrote:

Do you guys even think the ten-year-olds that watch this Cartoon Network crap even acknowledge MLP?

They’ve probably acknowledged it, but you’re right. Pre-adolescents usually are consumed with appearing like their gender-specific adult counterpart. Most 10-year old boys probably are going to be weirded out by a parody unless it’s a vicious, scathing parody.

I missed when they aired the Tex Avery Show. And Toonami. And all cartoons all of the time.

Also, the poll on Equestria Daily has exceeded 20,000 respondents.

I second that. Early childhood tends to be very gendered. There is a boy’s toy aisle, and a girl’s toy aisle; baby boys wear blue, baby girls wear pink -- and whenever something like MLP gets a happy meal toy, you know for sure that there is going to be a “boy” alternative to balance it out. We really shouldn’t be surprised when buys irrationally turn their noses up at a “girly” show -- it’s what they’ve been trained to do, it’s our own fault.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:50PM EDT

I’ve changed the “Discord Dance” article to a Discord character article. It’s still not done though, but I’ve gotten pretty far. More stuff will be added later.

Link

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:43PM EDT

Platus wrote:

I second that. Early childhood tends to be very gendered. There is a boy’s toy aisle, and a girl’s toy aisle; baby boys wear blue, baby girls wear pink -- and whenever something like MLP gets a happy meal toy, you know for sure that there is going to be a “boy” alternative to balance it out. We really shouldn’t be surprised when buys irrationally turn their noses up at a “girly” show -- it’s what they’ve been trained to do, it’s our own fault.

I was like that when I was a kid, too. I think I got over that “boys only girls only” stereotype when I was in middle school.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:47PM EDT

I wonder who will get post 7,777.

Whoever get’s it get’s a karma!

glances at thread

OH GOD, NO PONIES FOR ROUGHLY 3 WEEKS!?

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:05AM EDT

Blue Yoshi wrote:

I was like that when I was a kid, too. I think I got over that “boys only girls only” stereotype when I was in middle school.

Fortunately, I kinda had an understanding of what I liked and wanted to do when I was in middle school. Unfortunately, I used that bit of confidence to bully a few kids because I could. I was an immature jerk for reasons other than gender roles.

And then I learned the joys of showtunes…

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:19AM EDT

I just back from martial arts practice and I can’t feel my knuckles. My legs have just said “F!ck it!” and refuse to even respond.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:19AM EDT

@ Connor:

I found the Molestia pics to be funny, interesting, and a bit disturbing sometimes. I prefer to look at the pics labeled “Safe” at Ponibooru, though.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:41AM EDT

MLP has infiltrated yet another meme

[photo:179406]
Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 12:50AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 12:49AM EDT

I have to write a short essay for my Intermediate German class, and all the prompts are BORING AS FUCK, so imma try to find a way to incorporate ponies.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:55AM EDT

Three weeks without pony? We went 5 or so months without pony, we can survive another three weeks.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:56AM EDT

I’m gonna look at the Crowning Moment of Funny section in the TVTropes page of MLP: FiM.

Sep 28, 2011 at 01:16AM EDT

Not Caramel wrote:

My eyes! My soul! Slowly… draining… away… blehhh…

O.O

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 01:27AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 01:23AM EDT

Anyone else see how the description for episode 3 basically amounts to “Twilight can’t think of anything to write to the princess about, so she panics.”

… that sounds bucking awesome.

Sep 28, 2011 at 01:34AM EDT

Hey guys. Do you play TF2 and would like something to ponyfy your game play experience? Well look no further than this. I guarantee you wont be disappointed. Well gotta dash.

Sep 28, 2011 at 02:09AM EDT

I just came to a startling conclusion!

Humans must never come into contact with ponies!

I know what you’re thinking.. “Yeah Humanity is pretty messed up, we would ruin the innocence of ponies, possibly even destroy them”

I say “FUCK THAT!” We need to protect ourselves from the pony menace! If we come into contact with ponies, it will be the end of mankind as a race. We would sell ourselves into servitude and slavery for a mere pittance due to cuteness. Observe an example:

Let’s say I was in a universe where the mane six+CMC were in my house. How would it go?

le sitting on computer, working in important work related document
Applejack: Hey there Sugarcube, mind helping me haul some apples for a spell?
Me: Yeah sure AJ, I gotta couple minutes to spare
sometime later
AJ: Well, that’s the last crate, ‘preciate the help sugarcube.
Me: No problem AJ, now I gotta get back to work. See ya
(AJ is my favourite so she gets a free pass, deal with it)
----------------------------
le back on computer
Rarity: DARLING! I just had a look at your wardrobe and I almost fainted! You have a worse selection of clothes than Rainbow Dash and SHE spends most of her time naked!
le not looking up from the typing
Me: Yeah Rarity, I don’t really care about clothes.
Rarity: Butbutbut…what will people think of you?
Me: I don’t really give a shit.
Rarity: Such…callous disregard for….fabulousness…ohhh swoons
le moment of silence only punctuated by typing keys
Rarity: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CATCH ME!
Me:And how was I supposed to do that? You’re clear across the room.
Rarity: YOU SIR! ARE NO GENTLEMAN
Rarity proceeds to Whine, I MEAN REALLY WHINE
Le give up and proceed to max out credit card buying Italian silks for fancy suits that I literally can’t afford to wear
------------------------------------

(CONTINUED IN PART 2)

Sep 28, 2011 at 02:49AM EDT

makoncrayley wrote:

Three weeks without pony? We went 5 or so months without pony, we can survive another three weeks.

@Gigatoast

yeah I wonder how the lesson of the episode is going to relate to friendship since she almost always needs the inspiration that comes from her friends antics to do her homework and she already seems to know that.

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 02:54AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 02:49AM EDT

le back at computer
Me:Alright, back to work. I really need the money from this article now more than ever.
Twilight: Oh hi! I was just wondering if you had any more books? I already went through yours.
Me: I know you’re a fast reader Twi but no way you went through all my books that fast
Twilight: Well you have a lot overlap in your Library, why do you have so many books about World War II? You only need one!
Me:Look Twi, I’m really busy writing this article. I can’t buy books now.
Twilight:OH AN ARTICLE! Let me help!
Me: You know…that’s not a bad idea
One hour later
Twilight: No! No! No! You can’t use conjuctions with semicolons! Your grammar is way off! You’re a journalist
Me:BOOK SHOPPING TIME!
--------------------------
One book store trip later
Me: Finally, that should keep her occupied for a while. Now back to my writing.
le walk into my room
Pinkie: SUPRIIIIIIIIISE!
Me:PINKIE WTF YOU DOING?
Pinkie: It’s a party you silly potty-mouth. What do you think It is? :D
Me: Party? What’s the occasion?
Pinkie: IT’S TUESDAY!! :D
Me: I’m not going to even bother making sense of that. Look Pinkie, thanks for the party but I really got to finish this article.
Pinkie: You….don’t…like my party?hair deflates
Me: OH SHIT! No I was just joking. This is a great party! PARTYPARTYPARTY.
Pinkie: YAY! I knew you’d like it! Oh and btw, the guy at the party shop told me to give him these funny green papers in your wallet for all this stuff and I couldn’t believe what you can get here for silly green papers. I would have need a ton of coins back home to pay for this! What were those? Confetti? WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE CONFETTI AS MONEY IN EQUESTRIA! :D
Me:…..
---------------------
Me:Okay I admit that was fun but I think Pinkie put me in more debt than Rarity. Gotta get this article out and ask for like a dozen more just to pay the bills.
le typing continues
Fluttershy:Ummm…excuse me..
le typing continues
Fluttershy:Ummm…Hello?
le typing continues
Fluttershy nudges my left leg
Me:HOLY SHIT WAS WAS THAT?
Fluttershy:EEEK hides under table
Me:Sorry about that Fluttershy. Did you need anything?
Fluttershy:Umm..yes. I need to get some food for Angel and all the little critters in your yard…But I don’t where or how to buy them.
Me: Sorry Fluttershy but Pinkie and Rarity cleaned out my cash and I really need to get back to work.
Fluttershy: Oh…okay..Sorry for bothering you….

Me: Oh god that isn’t fair. THAT ISN’T FAIR!
le Fluttershy looking increasingly scared at my outburst
Me:Let me call a couple of guys. I think I scrounge up some cash for some birdseed or shit
insert that squeak grin video here but I won’t cause it’s annoying when done too much
------------------
Me:Okay that was cute but now I owe money to some guys. Please let there be no more distractions.
CMC: CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS BARBECUE CHEFS! YAAY!
Me: GOD ALMIGHTY SAVE ME!
le smells burning in the yard
le sees giant fireball
30 minutes and Fire dept. visit later
Me: You fillies ruined my very expensive grill….explain yourselves >:[
Scootaloo: We just thought we could get our cutie marks doing something we couldn’t do in Equestria.
Me:That’s still stupid. I don’t have the money for this so you’re going to have to work it off >:[
Applebloom: But…we were just trying to make Brunch puppydogeyes
Me….Get out of here before I change my mind.
-------------------
Me: This is fucking insane. I’m going to have to work Weekends for the next year just to pay all this shit off.
le typing on computer
Me:Finally this article is finished better send it in.
sees Rainbow Dash tiptoeing past my door
Me:Rainbow?
RD: AHH! YOU’RE STILL AWAKE!
Me:The fuck you’re doing so late at night? It’s 2 o’clock in the morning! Where were you all day?
RD: You know, just….messing around town. Seeing all this new human stuff is pretty cool…IMMAGOTOBEDNOWBYE!
Me:Stop.Right.There.

Me:What did you do?
RD: I…I….kinda sorta totallysmashedyourcarintoaconveiencestore…no big deal..huh..we cool right?
Me: No…..not my RX-7…not my baby…NO GOD WHY? NOOOOOOOOOOO
a few minutes of crying later
Me: That sniff doesn’t explain why you were out so late.
RD: Oh well, I was held at the police station for a while since I didn’t have money for bail but this is the best part. I gave them a bunch of green papers and that was enough. Cool huh? :D
Me:…….
-------------------------
The next day

----------

And that my friends is why ponies belong on TV. Not real life.

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 02:55AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 02:50AM EDT

@burning_phoneix

Makes me wish there was a +2 karma button

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 04:30AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 04:29AM EDT

@Algernon

Thanks. I sometimes feel under appreciated. :(

I wonder how much it would take to commission Muumi to make that a comic.

Sep 28, 2011 at 05:04AM EDT

burning_phoneix, in honor of your amazing post, i hereby bestowe upon you the seal of awesomness

do us proud brony

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 06:24AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 06:16AM EDT

Alright, so…

DISCUSS
For now, to school!

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 06:35AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 06:25AM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Alright, so…

DISCUSS
For now, to school!

Poison joke mixed with Discord’s world is the same as dividing by zero… after surviving a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

Sep 28, 2011 at 07:35AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

@Algernon

Thanks. I sometimes feel under appreciated. :(

I wonder how much it would take to commission Muumi to make that a comic.

Otherwise a mighty fine idea, but it can take me up to a month to finish a single A4 size picture. Drawing the entire comic in my ususal style would take the rest of my life.

But then on the other hand, if I just did the lineart, it might be possible, although still time consuming. And I haven’t drawn any comics since this one (‘bout half a year ago), which was my very first pony related artwork (and I didn’t even try on this one).

Those are some mad drawing and coloring skills right there. ಠ_ಠ

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 09:08AM EDT
Sep 28, 2011 at 09:05AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!