Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

15,858 total conversations in 14 threads


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

New page! The NSFW images are now in the past!

Now on this page, I want 2 things (Why am I always deciding what goes on in dis thread?)

1: No Image storms! I loved all the support you guys gave the last topic but only post top quality of whats available!
2: We figure the means to what most third parties view when they hear about MLP:FiM given they haven’t had heard about it before.
2a: Then we devise how we can support the pros and avoid the cons!

Aug 09, 2011 at 12:23AM EDT
Quote

Ok on my previous post I do apologize for doing so but it did end the pic war. I hope it does get taken down but be aware I could have posted worse. Um…I would agree with Scratch Master on no more pic wars and suggest we argue and laugh about the series. Now to end my rambling with a question.

If you could take MLP character into real life, which one would it be?

My answer: Celestia so I can control the sun and have fun messing with people.

Aug 09, 2011 at 01:01AM EDT
Quote

@gillinater23
Duh.

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
OK FINE.
I’d think either Twilight or Applejack.
Twilight would fit in with most of my female friends: a bit awkward, very smart, cynical, but still enjoys life.
I may go with Applejack just because she seems rather chill and mature.

I would say Octavia, but…

She can be intimidating…

Aug 09, 2011 at 01:14AM EDT
Quote

gillinater23 wrote:

Ok on my previous post I do apologize for doing so but it did end the pic war. I hope it does get taken down but be aware I could have posted worse. Um…I would agree with Scratch Master on no more pic wars and suggest we argue and laugh about the series. Now to end my rambling with a question.

If you could take MLP character into real life, which one would it be?

My answer: Celestia so I can control the sun and have fun messing with people.

you can remove it yourself too.
And mine would be Twilight because she always reminds me of Stocking.
[photo:100030]

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 01:26AM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 01:26AM EDT
Quote

Mine would be…you guessed it LUNA because im a night owl and we could hang out and stuff. My other would be trixie i dont have a particular reason i just like trixie.

Aug 09, 2011 at 03:53AM EDT
Quote

@DJ Xelus
Sorry about the image wars, I know they can get a bit crazy at times. As much as I love ‘em, I agree that it’s about time we actually discussed something in this thread.
I’m not sure I understand what you wanted the topic to be though. Did you mean we should discuss the best and worst qualities of the show, and the best ways of describing it to others?

@gillinater23
I’m not sure, but it’s between these:
1) Twilight, because of all characters in the show she’s probably the one I can relate to the most. Also because magic.
2) Pinkie, because of all the chaos that would follow her everywhere. I mean, who wouldn’t want this to become a daily occurrence?

3) Luna, because she’s awesome. Don’t know why, but she is.

Aug 09, 2011 at 04:40AM EDT
Quote

@Algernon
You know that really wasn’t much of a war.
Trolling Trolls with ponies thats a war

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:26AM EDT
Quote

@Daniel Vazquez
Yeah, guess I should have called it an image spree or something.
After seeing that thread you linked, I’m honestly not surprised so many people on this site hate bronies. OP kinda deserved that response.

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:48AM EDT
Quote

@gillinater Probably doctor whooves, because that way I can haz time travel, which is awesome.

@the gif in algernon’s first post ………..na naaaaaaa na nana nana na nana katamari damacy!

Aug 09, 2011 at 06:18AM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

@Daniel Vazquez
Yeah, guess I should have called it an image spree or something.
After seeing that thread you linked, I’m honestly not surprised so many people on this site hate bronies. OP kinda deserved that response.

There were a bunch of threads going all at the same time and I was trolling Troll king with ponies in three threads at once. OP was just being a N00b so we were fucking with him.

Aug 09, 2011 at 07:11AM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

@Daniel Vazquez
Yeah, guess I should have called it an image spree or something.
After seeing that thread you linked, I’m honestly not surprised so many people on this site hate bronies. OP kinda deserved that response.

Same here, not suprise of all the hate.

But still, I never heard one hater with solid arguments why he hates the show. Nor a hater who has watched at least 2 episodes that aren’t episode 1 and 2 (those being introduction).

Anyone actually did? All I can find is “It’s cancer” or “It’s for kids”, both which are not arguments in my dictionary.

Aug 09, 2011 at 09:09AM EDT
Quote

I’d just like to say I saw an advertisement for MLP bedsheets and stuff. Didn’t Hasbro say they wouldn’t do that?

Aug 09, 2011 at 02:10PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Same here, not suprise of all the hate.

But still, I never heard one hater with solid arguments why he hates the show. Nor a hater who has watched at least 2 episodes that aren’t episode 1 and 2 (those being introduction).

Anyone actually did? All I can find is “It’s cancer” or “It’s for kids”, both which are not arguments in my dictionary.

yea my argument was always “what about other shows that became memes” like spongebob, pokemon and even powerpuff girls. I still think MLP is a great meme even though I’m not hardcore into watching the shows. I also think that the RULE 34 and anti pony hate makes for good memes as well. You can’t show one side and not the other. I’m very surprised that there still is no anti-pony meme entry yet. With so many haters there should be one by now.
It’s pics like this that end up in MLP meme entry that are anti-pony and should have there own entry.
[photo:97792]

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 03:41PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 03:39PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

yea my argument was always “what about other shows that became memes” like spongebob, pokemon and even powerpuff girls. I still think MLP is a great meme even though I’m not hardcore into watching the shows. I also think that the RULE 34 and anti pony hate makes for good memes as well. You can’t show one side and not the other. I’m very surprised that there still is no anti-pony meme entry yet. With so many haters there should be one by now.
It’s pics like this that end up in MLP meme entry that are anti-pony and should have there own entry.
[photo:97792]

True there are people that use arguments. But when I found these it are usually people that stand on the sidelines. They don’t love the show, but they won’t hate it nor its fans.

What I meant is that I never found a hater with solid arguments. Just a hater saying: “I hate MLP:FiM and that’s because etc. etc.” With their reasons being solid, well researched, and everything else.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 03:54PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 03:53PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

My favorite pony:

That’s a horse.

Aug 09, 2011 at 04:16PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

True there are people that use arguments. But when I found these it are usually people that stand on the sidelines. They don’t love the show, but they won’t hate it nor its fans.

What I meant is that I never found a hater with solid arguments. Just a hater saying: “I hate MLP:FiM and that’s because etc. etc.” With their reasons being solid, well researched, and everything else.

Well you can say that some bronies are similar to trekkies. They take it a little to far. Like scary/nerdy to far. You know what I mean?

Aug 09, 2011 at 04:20PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Well you can say that some bronies are similar to trekkies. They take it a little to far. Like scary/nerdy to far. You know what I mean?

Yeah, I get your point. Luckily it’s still a kids show, people don’t like to take it out to the public. Many things got their hate for the same reason, people take it too far and force it unto you. I don’t really like them as well, instead of just having fun with it they go too far and create hate.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 04:46PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 04:33PM EDT
Quote

HEY, whats going on here?
I leave for…about 8 hours and you all start constructive discussions?
I’d start an image battle but i have to respect the first post of the page and hold it in until we get to page 20.

Aug 09, 2011 at 04:51PM EDT
Quote

Amazing how much serious discussion we can get done when you’re not around.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 04:58PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 04:57PM EDT
Quote

supermonday wrote:

HEY, whats going on here?
I leave for…about 8 hours and you all start constructive discussions?
I’d start an image battle but i have to respect the first post of the page and hold it in until we get to page 20.

[photo:100527]

Aug 09, 2011 at 04:59PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Well you can say that some bronies are similar to trekkies. They take it a little to far. Like scary/nerdy to far. You know what I mean?

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:00PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Amazing how much serious discussion we can get done when you’re not around.

[photo:112647]

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:01PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

[photo:112647]

damn straight, Brony.

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:04PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

That’s a horse.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Bill.

Real Life pony is frowning upon what you choose to see of reality.
(This also works for your view on MLP “hatedom”).

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 05:09PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 05:05PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Well you can say that some bronies are similar to trekkies. They take it a little to far. Like scary/nerdy to far. You know what I mean?

Totally agreed, and it’s a shame since a lot of people will judge the entire community on just a handful of creepy individuals (obsessive merch collectors, rule 34 artists, clopfic writers and the like).

@RandomMan
I don’t expect people to justify their hate. I know a lot of people don’t like it as they feel it somehow undermines their masculinity or maturity (which is completely absurd), but others simply find it isn’t to their tastes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just don’t get why they feel the need to keep telling us how much they hate it, as if we actually give a damn.

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:06PM EDT
Quote
I just don’t get why they feel the need to keep telling us how much they hate it, as if we actually give a damn.

I just don’t get why they need to keep telling us how much they love it, as if we actually give a damn.

Same player, shoot again?

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:10PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

I just don’t get why they feel the need to keep telling us how much they hate it, as if we actually give a damn.

I just don’t get why they need to keep telling us how much they love it, as if we actually give a damn.

Same player, shoot again?

He’s got a point.

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:16PM EDT
Quote

@Tomberry
Yeah, that is a good point, which is why I keep all my MLP related material confined to this thread and any pony articles on the site. I don’t think I’ve ever tried converting someone, unless you count a few stupid responses in a Just for Fun thread. I look down on those trying to force it on others, since all it does is fuel the hatedom.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 05:27PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 05:25PM EDT
Quote

When the meme first started it was a cross meme like this
[photo:100034]
It was used to Troll people. It grew when the 4chan battles started. It got out of control here and on 4chan. Too many threads at once. That’s why it needs to be confined. But still
[photo:121760]
[photo:148282]
[photo:121755]

Aug 09, 2011 at 05:43PM EDT
Quote

@Algernon
Same here, I don’t like to take ponies outside of the entries and forums dedicated to them. I don’t want to force it and create hate.

@Tomberry
Finally a decent argument, I thank you for that. And I’m sorry if I ever forced someone to love it outside the dedicated places.

@Daniel Vazquez
That’s why catchphrases was created, preventing even more entries and more hate.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 06:02PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 05:55PM EDT
Quote

I just typed up a whole academic essay based in Affect Control Theory, subcultural studies, cognitive dissonance, and some gender studies about why people would actively “convert” people to the herd, and why people hate so hard on Bronies as opposed to Pokemon or Trekkies.

I think that discussion is dying down now, so I don’t think all that is necessary anymore…


(not as sad as Braeburn here)

Did you know there is a 5,000 character limit on forum posts? I didn’t know that.

Aug 09, 2011 at 06:30PM EDT
Quote

@Verbose
You exceeded 5000 characters?! Even with my origin story post I only just managed about 2700. You really do live up to your username. By any chance did you keep what you’d written? Call me weird for this, but I’m quite interested in reading it.

@gillinater23
Of course ponies can be racist, just watch Bridle Gossip.

Aug 09, 2011 at 06:49PM EDT
Quote

@gillinater23
THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING ABOUT MY EATING HABITS

I had no choice in the matter.

@algernon

Actually, yes. I pasted it into a Google document to see just how many characters I had (5,400,) and it just happened to save it before I closed the tab. I’ve got a couple of errands to run, but I’ll get it back to it’s original form (now that I’ve time for it,) and get it to you.

I majored in Psychology and Sociology, and I’ve really missed taking the theories and applying them to human behavior. Something like this was bound to happen.

(I’ve always been wordy. It’s more out of a inability to be concise than it is a mastery of English though, so I remind myself (via username) to practice the best use of language when I can.)

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 07:16PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 06:51PM EDT
Quote

@Verbose: People used to hate on Trekkies a lot, like in the 70s. Still do sometimes. And as for Pokemon, middle schoolers can be so cruel…

Aug 09, 2011 at 06:52PM EDT
Quote

Now that I have your attention is that you must join the insanity that is Pinkie Pie!




@Vulcan
Trends come and go but MLP is forever.

Aug 09, 2011 at 06:59PM EDT
Quote

@gillinater23

Bitch, please.

@Vulcan

As long as MLP won’t get the same hate as Furries, we’ll survive.

Aug 09, 2011 at 07:13PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

@Verbose: People used to hate on Trekkies a lot, like in the 70s. Still do sometimes. And as for Pokemon, middle schoolers can be so cruel…

Read this Trekkies.
The part on child porn. WOW did not know that.

Aug 09, 2011 at 07:14PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

@gillinater23

Bitch, please.

@Vulcan

As long as MLP won’t get the same hate as Furries, we’ll survive.

Too late. MLP was liked by Furries from the beginning.

Aug 09, 2011 at 07:16PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Read this Trekkies.
The part on child porn. WOW did not know that.

Yeah, that gives you a bad reputation. I can now understand the hate for them a lot better.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 07:22PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 07:22PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Too late. MLP was liked by Furries from the beginning.

I can see your point. Sad thing is that both mainly got it from people pushing it too far, creating porn of it and whatnot. If I had to create an image based on just that information, I would probably be a hater as well.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 07:33PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

@Daniel Vasquez
A previous girlfriend of mine is a Trekkie, but I never liked Star Trek or much sci-fi so we never discussed it.
 
“Read this Trekkies.
The part on child porn. WOW did not know that.”

I guess she was into me for my boyish looks…
 
Wow. I wonder how to explain that…but that’s interesting, in itself. There’s an article from the Wikipedia page, but I’ll read that (and edit my analysis) later.

Now on to errands. Like a productive person…or something.

Aug 09, 2011 at 07:32PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

@gillinater23

Bitch, please.

@Vulcan

As long as MLP won’t get the same hate as Furries, we’ll survive.

That’s very nice of you but do we really need the name calling?

Aug 09, 2011 at 07:33PM EDT
Quote

gillinater23 wrote:

That’s very nice of you but do we really need the name calling?

In fact, we do.

Aug 09, 2011 at 07:42PM EDT
Quote

Wait, pedophiles are Trekkies now?

My secondary school chemistry teacher was a Trekkie. Now I’m all weirded out.
Of all the things I expected to learn today…

I’m hoping we don’t end up like the Furries. They’re mostly a decent bunch, but the fandom attracted just a few too many pervs and now everyone hates them. It’s the usual problem of being judged due to the most extreme members of the group. As long as the next few seasons are decent, and the community keeps turning out such high quality content, I’d say we’ll be here for a while. Saying we’ll last forever is being a tad overly optimistic though.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 07:48PM EDT
Aug 09, 2011 at 07:45PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!