9959 posts from 189 users

Ponyville is gigantic O___O

Last edited Jun 15, 2011 at 02:24PM EDT
Jun 15, 2011 at 02:23PM EDT

fetchbeer wrote:

I’ve gone and done it…
I’ve drawn my first shipping pic…
I feel so dirty now…

It’s not like the ponies aren’t dirty. Fluttershy is thought to be a prostitute in her spare time.

Jun 15, 2011 at 04:04PM EDT

A brony over in Finland had recently legally changed his name to Rainbow Dash.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/ponychan-brony-changes-his-legal-name.html

Jun 15, 2011 at 05:41PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

It’s not like the ponies aren’t dirty. Fluttershy is thought to be a prostitute in her spare time.

Jun 15, 2011 at 07:20PM EDT

Derpy Hooves wrote:

A brony over in Finland had recently legally changed his name to Rainbow Dash.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/ponychan-brony-changes-his-legal-name.html

It’s relatively easy to change it back too though.

I just hope he’s the age where he’s gone through the mandatory military service already. Because those people will be using his official name. xD

*e: Actually, no.. I do hope he still has the military service coming up. And that he tries to get himself to the officer school. “2nd Lieutenant Rainbow A. Dash” just sounds cool.

Last edited Jun 15, 2011 at 11:41PM EDT
Jun 15, 2011 at 11:27PM EDT

Xelus Shnider wrote:

Personally, I favor Pony Assassins

“You will feel the edge of my bow and the sting of my resin. The last sound you will hear is sweet, sweet music.” -Octavia de Auditore.

Last edited Jun 17, 2011 at 08:09PM EDT
Jun 17, 2011 at 07:43PM EDT

im not an american, so im not very familiar with this news show, i’ve heard baaad things, but since my affiliation is greater with the conservative party i used to think, “well maybe they are hating it for the sake of hating it”… NOT ANY MORE
But it was kind of funny anyways
i think this is going to be easily forgotten unless further bad press comes out, so no worries

Jun 18, 2011 at 04:38PM EDT

Dr Michael Hanesh The Indecisive One wrote:

im not an american, so im not very familiar with this news show, i’ve heard baaad things, but since my affiliation is greater with the conservative party i used to think, “well maybe they are hating it for the sake of hating it”… NOT ANY MORE
But it was kind of funny anyways
i think this is going to be easily forgotten unless further bad press comes out, so no worries

Here, conservatism means fascism.

Jun 18, 2011 at 04:49PM EDT

so fox attacks mental retardation, bronies and at the and stereotyped black people in under 5 minutes??

Jun 18, 2011 at 05:26PM EDT

Derpy Hooves wrote:

so fox attacks mental retardation, bronies and at the and stereotyped black people in under 5 minutes??

That’s a new record even for Fox.

Jun 18, 2011 at 05:29PM EDT

Dr Michael Hanesh The Indecisive One wrote:

@Katie Starshine i dont think generalization is a good way of understanding political (or pony) opinion

I’m comparing our center to the world’s center.

Jun 18, 2011 at 06:28PM EDT

Discuss: okie doke.

I must say that I find myself much more supporting of the Fox Wired video than the What’s-his-face Glover one. I mean, Glover was just an ass about everything (which is how he got his job, do-ho!) but at least in the Wired video, several of the people discussing it were understanding. That one guy who was apparently a comic said bronies shouldn’t feel ashamed at all. The guy who said he didn’t approve at least said we have the right to enjoy whatever we like. The woman even went as far as to say that she would want to see what it was about if her husband told her he enjoyed it. I’ve got a feeling she’s going to go home and watch an episode, just out of curiosity. I just hope she picks a good one.

That really loud guy with the crazy hair was just annoying though. Like, holy crap, I think HE’S self-medicating, if you know what I mean.

Also, did they have to use a picture of some G1 figures? I mean, where did they get that from, anyway? If they had typed in “My Little Pony” to Google images and used the first one, okay, that’s… I mean, at least I could see how that happened. But this random picture of the toys? If they did that much searching, they definitely could have found a more representative image.

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:00PM EDT

I think I would have given them some leeway if they had actually shown a clip from the show in their segment instead of the g1 ponies, heck take the most insane part of the show and splice it in…

Even the stop fapping to horses clip on youtube is better than a g1 pony

Not like I’ve actually believed anything that fox news had had to say ever anyway.

But I don’t think bronies will ever get a fair shake from the news outlet, we’re just to strange a demographic, and too easy to make fun of instead of doing actual reporting.

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:22PM EDT

These ponies are trying an experiment quite brazen,
So Guybrush and Twilight have these trinkets taken,
From little Scootaloo’s precious cache,
Of things cast off by Rainbow Dash.
An apple core and a lock of hair,
A piece of cloth and a bone picked bare,
In a blender they will these combine,
While with magic they do intertwine.
This secret magic pony cabal,
Does try to make a voodoo doll.
Though in this quest Scoots is not convinced,
For her precious treasures will sure be missed.

Last edited Jun 19, 2011 at 01:31AM EDT
Jun 19, 2011 at 01:06AM EDT

Thanks Sweetie Belle.
Now if only I didn’t spend all day on these driving myself crazy in the process.

AND OH GOD THE EYES!!! WHAT DID I SCREW UP! MUST FIX!

Last edited Jun 19, 2011 at 01:27AM EDT
Jun 19, 2011 at 01:26AM EDT

I have a general pony question!

What do you call a girl whos a Bronie? Im not going by Hoenie thats for sure!

Generaly anypony who loves ponies is called a Bronie, but could we classify a term for the females who also enjoy the show? Cause I feel kinda like this (Made this myself)

For now I’ll assume (and go by) that a girl Bronie is a Bronette. Like a Dude and Dudette.

What are your thoughts on the female bronie term and if there could/should be one?

Jun 19, 2011 at 03:07AM EDT

I could have sworn they were bronettes. Fillies doesn’t sound right. Bronette does. But “Bronette” doesn’t have anything pony related in the title, so…. I don’t know.

Jun 19, 2011 at 07:45AM EDT

I thought it was more of a gender neutral word even though it has the word bro in it

Jun 19, 2011 at 08:14AM EDT

I always figured Brony as a word that referred to both genders, regardless of it having the word “bro” in it.

Jun 19, 2011 at 09:21AM EDT

Oh and thanks to Dr. Rabbit for pointing this out to me and no space for loading this on the main MLP page, we got another vid basically attacking us :/

Discuss.

Jun 19, 2011 at 09:53AM EDT

Well another Idea is that a male is a Bron-y and a girl is a Bron-ie (‘ie’ makes anything seem girlyer doesn’t it?)

@ Xelus

Yes its a name for anyone who is a fan of MLP but I was asking if there could/should be a name for a female Brony. Less confustion XD

At the show, I read on Equestra Daily that they tryed to get the creator to say something stupid for 10 minutes and only got that one bit that they showed. They are just making fun and steryotyping MLP lovers, I’d just ignore them. DON"T FEED THE PARASPRITES!

Last edited Jun 19, 2011 at 11:47AM EDT
Jun 19, 2011 at 11:43AM EDT

@ Xelus,
Seems like the more bronies they piss off, the more they insult them.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:40PM EDT

Most people use “brony” as a gender neutral term, including me. Though I do like using “lady-brony” because I love the term “lady-bro” as in “What’s up, lady-bro?”
But “bronie” would work too. ^^

Jun 19, 2011 at 01:05PM EDT

as a nuetral, third party. (i am not a brony)
i belive that the term “filly” or “colt” applies to a fan of the show just slightly above the target age (10-13) the term “brony” or “bronie” applies (generally to males) 14+ who are fans of the show
as for girls……

i like bronettes
or just bronie with the ie

Jun 19, 2011 at 02:27PM EDT

i must say that dave and chuck succefully pissed me off.

who the hell gives two fucking assholes a whole radio show!? seriously!

tommorow i want to see in the news that these two idiots were beaten to pulp.

because people who don’t use the internet often – THIS IS WHAT THEY WILL THINK ABOUT US!

Jun 19, 2011 at 02:29PM EDT

I like how 2 dudes who never heard of 4chan think they can talk about any sort of internet phenomenom such as Bronies, let alone insult them. Atleast they did a bit more research than Fox to know it’s Friendship is Magic and that there is a parody on Califronia Girls called Equestria Girls, as well as knowing that Hasbro knows of our presence, yet continues to blindly insult us anyways.

Jun 19, 2011 at 02:35PM EDT

I’m pretty sure brony applies to both genders.

Jun 19, 2011 at 02:36PM EDT

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

okay, i been wondering, wats “shipping” constitute?

“Shipping” is any sort of fan work that implies that two characters (from any movie/show/book/video game for that matter) have a romantic relationship. Usually parts of each character’s name are used as one name for the couple. Like a Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy ship would be known as “Flutterdash”, or Applejack and Bloomberg ship would be know as “Bloomjack”.

I’m not really a fan of shipping myself. I like fanfics and all, but I don’t really want to start thinking about romantic relationships of cartoon characters in my mind.

Jun 19, 2011 at 03:40PM EDT

@Ravemaster Xelus
it really shows peoples ignorance to pick on something innocent.
i bet they have something to hide

Jun 19, 2011 at 05:10PM EDT

Hey, fetchbeer, could you do me a little favor? Could you take your shipping photo and put it on my “what the heck Is going on?!?!?” thread? I want to see the story people come up with for it. Plus it’s a fun game!

Jun 19, 2011 at 06:51PM EDT

i think it relates to rule 15 of the internet

The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Also i think its just a way to entertain people who write them…

Jun 19, 2011 at 09:53PM EDT

Princess Affinity For Muffins wrote:

i think it relates to rule 15 of the internet

The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Also i think its just a way to entertain people who write them…

That’s not rule 15

Jun 19, 2011 at 09:55PM EDT

“Rule 15: The harder you try, the harder you will fail.”

I think you mean rule 43

Jun 19, 2011 at 10:51PM EDT

In other news… is Derpy’s offspring, Dinky, a boy or a girl? I can’t tell. Could have sworn Dinky was a boy.

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:01PM EDT

I personaly think Dinky is a girl. Supposably she either had the child with a father who left. Or she was adopted but i like the first one better.

Some people say its Doctor Whoof, Pokey, and Bran (a unicorn male whos been fan made with a muffin mark) and or other non mentioned unicorns.

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:04PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!