Forums / General

191,206 total conversations in 5,242 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9,959 conversations with 189 participants

SinisterSnuggles:
I wish a day of using the anniversary of your birth to get stuff and to get to do things that you wouldn’t be able to on any other day.

And bits. Like, a truckload of bits. And ponies, I guess. I don’t know. You like ponies, right?

Whoa, how’d I get up and over here?

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:35AM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 01:33AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:


Whoa, how’d I get up and over here?

Narfff I don’t know Brain
[photo:171867]

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:49AM EDT
Quote

Hay look, I made another one!

Let’s see how long I can keep this up!

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:50AM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:


Let’s see how long I can keep this up!

Answer = 5 more days

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:52AM EDT
Quote

❀Daruqe❀ wrote:

Go to favorites, then Add Server, and just paste the IP. There are a bunch of ‘em too, I play on the Legion of Ponies servers if that’s not what you have.

I have 98.197.151.34, which ever one that is.

Sep 11, 2011 at 02:07AM EDT
Quote

Also, has anypony’s contributions chart on their profile gotten stuck. Mine is stuck at 201 Forum Posts. Does anypony know how to get it to work again. Sorry for this off topic question.

Sep 11, 2011 at 02:15AM EDT
Quote

Caramel wrote:

Also, has anypony’s contributions chart on their profile gotten stuck. Mine is stuck at 201 Forum Posts. Does anypony know how to get it to work again. Sorry for this off topic question.

clicking on Edit your Profile and then Save Changes should do the trick.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 02:22AM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 02:22AM EDT
Quote

Caramel wrote:

Also, has anypony’s contributions chart on their profile gotten stuck. Mine is stuck at 201 Forum Posts. Does anypony know how to get it to work again. Sorry for this off topic question.

That’s not one of the ones I play on, but I’d strongly recommend them (website: http://ubergaming.net/tfstats/) and join their steam group if you’re interested. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mlpfim

And yeah, my contributions are stuck too; idk.

Sep 11, 2011 at 02:22AM EDT
Quote

Iamslow wrote:

clicking on Edit your Profile and then Save Changes should do the trick.

Thanks for the tip.

I can finally see how many karma I received and given to people. =D

Sep 11, 2011 at 02:47AM EDT
Quote

Iamslow wrote:

clicking on Edit your Profile and then Save Changes should do the trick.

Thanks, that worked.

Sep 11, 2011 at 02:54AM EDT
Quote

❀Daruqe❀ wrote:

Go to favorites, then Add Server, and just paste the IP. There are a bunch of ‘em too, I play on the Legion of Ponies servers if that’s not what you have.

Are you playing on the UK or US server? I play on the UK server alot and people will find me as “Freaky”, I micspam alot when our main DJ isn’t around.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 05:11AM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 05:07AM EDT
Quote

I play on the Aussie Legion of Ponies server. Sometimes I drop in on the US servers though.

Sep 11, 2011 at 06:54AM EDT
Quote

Hey guys, I think I figured out Octavia’s absolute favourite band. Try to imagine this as her theme song in Fighting is Magic.

Sep 11, 2011 at 07:32AM EDT
Quote

morning all
its SS’s birthday eh?
Happy birthday, here is my gift
Virtual
bubble
wrap

and this

have fun, i know i will :D
Wow, what a way to start my 9/11 morning

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 08:18AM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 07:52AM EDT
Quote

I have this one video, to show my sympathy for those who lost someone dear to them on 9/11
I lost a cousin (true story) but i hardley knew her, you have my sympathy victims.
Here is the video

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 09:26AM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 09:06AM EDT
Quote


Rest in peace, everyone whose life was lost that day.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 09:11AM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 09:11AM EDT
Quote

dude i need to know if theres a MLP server on minecraft cause i wanna join o_o

Sep 11, 2011 at 09:49AM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

dude i need to know if theres a MLP server on minecraft cause i wanna join o_o

http://www.ponycraft.net/

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:03AM EDT
Quote

Alright, forums going slow. So let’s discuss why Celestia is such a troll.

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:40AM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Alright, forums going slow. So let’s discuss why Celestia is such a troll.

Celestia has to rule an entire f*ckin existence. Not a country, not a state, not a world. An entire f*ckin reality. She has to put up with a whole bunch of bullsh*t like parasprite infestations, makin grad students stop being “forever alone,” raising a f*ckin 80 bajillion ton ball of white hot plasma each and every day, making sure her sock-obsessed sister doesn’t put the moon too close to the earth so that all the oceans dry up and everyone gets to see the fugly-ass fish Celestia has to hide and having to do this while wearing a crown, a breast plate, iron shoes and lookin, as Rarity would say, FA-ABULOUS. So forgive her if she has to troll. Its how she relieves stress. DEAL WITH IT.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:02AM EDT
Quote

badsitrep, gar wrote:

Celestia has to rule an entire f*ckin existence. Not a country, not a state, not a world. An entire f*ckin reality. She has to put up with a whole bunch of bullsh*t like parasprite infestations, makin grad students stop being “forever alone,” raising a f*ckin 80 bajillion ton ball of white hot plasma each and every day, making sure her sock-obsessed sister doesn’t put the moon too close to the earth so that all the oceans dry up and everyone gets to see the fugly-ass fish Celestia has to hide and having to do this while wearing a crown, a breast plate, iron shoes and lookin, as Rarity would say, FA-ABULOUS. So forgive her if she has to troll. Its how she relieves stress. DEAL WITH IT.

I don’t even think she’s such a troll to begin with, she has a sense of humor and that’s it.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:51AM EDT
Quote

Leland Zevo wrote:

I don’t even think she’s such a troll to begin with, she has a sense of humor and that’s it.

Exactly.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:55AM EDT
Quote

I think I may actually know another brony irl. I’m not sure though. We were playing a game back in December at my church that involved submitting the name of your favorite tv show and one of the submissions was My Little Pony, but this was before I knew the show existed and I didn’t think much of it. Now I don’t know if this was a referring to the 80’s cartoon or to FIM, and if it was FIM if the person has any idea of the size of the fandom at large, but I can’t help but wonder…

I’ve been working “about 20% cooler” into my conversations a lot more often lately in order to try to locate him/her.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:23PM EDT
Quote

aerolyt wrote:

I think I may actually know another brony irl. I’m not sure though. We were playing a game back in December at my church that involved submitting the name of your favorite tv show and one of the submissions was My Little Pony, but this was before I knew the show existed and I didn’t think much of it. Now I don’t know if this was a referring to the 80’s cartoon or to FIM, and if it was FIM if the person has any idea of the size of the fandom at large, but I can’t help but wonder…

I’ve been working “about 20% cooler” into my conversations a lot more often lately in order to try to locate him/her.

I have started using brony catchphrases irl as well.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:26PM EDT
Quote

aerolyt wrote:

I think I may actually know another brony irl. I’m not sure though. We were playing a game back in December at my church that involved submitting the name of your favorite tv show and one of the submissions was My Little Pony, but this was before I knew the show existed and I didn’t think much of it. Now I don’t know if this was a referring to the 80’s cartoon or to FIM, and if it was FIM if the person has any idea of the size of the fandom at large, but I can’t help but wonder…

I’ve been working “about 20% cooler” into my conversations a lot more often lately in order to try to locate him/her.

I made a brony at school within the first week. I was on the bus to school (I don’t drive much), and was, neutrally (not saying I like [you have no idea how dickish my school is, if they knew I watched this show I would get more abuse than I already do] or dislike it) talking about how this show has such a huge fandom. So then, a couple days later, one of them tells us that he watched it. And started liking it. I then told him (and nobody else) that I’m a brony as well. We shared a brohoof. It was awesome.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:33PM EDT
Quote

I’m reading “Cross and Arrow.” Into the 3rd chapter and I CAN’T STAND THE CUTE!!! My manliness is draining so quick. I need to go break something.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:41PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

I made a brony at school within the first week. I was on the bus to school (I don’t drive much), and was, neutrally (not saying I like [you have no idea how dickish my school is, if they knew I watched this show I would get more abuse than I already do] or dislike it) talking about how this show has such a huge fandom. So then, a couple days later, one of them tells us that he watched it. And started liking it. I then told him (and nobody else) that I’m a brony as well. We shared a brohoof. It was awesome.

Two of my friends at school are bronies. All three of us agree that I’m like Fluttershy. Flutteryay

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:45PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

I made a brony at school within the first week. I was on the bus to school (I don’t drive much), and was, neutrally (not saying I like [you have no idea how dickish my school is, if they knew I watched this show I would get more abuse than I already do] or dislike it) talking about how this show has such a huge fandom. So then, a couple days later, one of them tells us that he watched it. And started liking it. I then told him (and nobody else) that I’m a brony as well. We shared a brohoof. It was awesome.

I did the same thing with a friend of mine while I was texting her, but rather than becoming interested in the show’s merits, she freaked out a tiny bit. D:

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:00PM EDT
Quote

My brother and I talked about ponies once months ago. He wondered why the show was so popular and said he might have to check it out but I don’t think he has yet.

@Blue Yoshi, Daruqe

Your welcome.

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:02PM EDT
Quote

I’ve used catchphrases here and there to see if my friends might catch on, but alas, none of them like the show. Most of them just find the Brony community disturbing, but they haven’t shunned me, so it’s all good. I am the more outspoken geeky one from my college group, and the rest are geeky in other, non-Internet related ways. It’s not their cup of tea, and that’s cool.
 
Why is Celestia a troll?

  • Probably a lot of what badsitrep posted.
  • That doesn’t explain giving Twilight two tickets to the Gala fully knowing she has more friends than that.
    • Although, Celestia may have thought that she had one really good friend or that she would have brought a date.
  • It doesn’t explain why she didn’t say why she brought a dying bird (which looked nothing like a phoenix) and why she didn’t look concerned at all. Seems like something you’d try to explain.
    • Although, this is Celestia. If she’s not concerned, then there’s probably nothing to worry about. And that was more Fluttershy’s fault for taking Philomena without asking.
Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:10PM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 01:08PM EDT
Quote

i fixed the second chapter of my fanfic, giving Flare a bit of a backstory
Here#

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:15PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I’ve used catchphrases here and there to see if my friends might catch on, but alas, none of them like the show. Most of them just find the Brony community disturbing, but they haven’t shunned me, so it’s all good. I am the more outspoken geeky one from my college group, and the rest are geeky in other, non-Internet related ways. It’s not their cup of tea, and that’s cool.
 
Why is Celestia a troll?

  • Probably a lot of what badsitrep posted.
  • That doesn’t explain giving Twilight two tickets to the Gala fully knowing she has more friends than that.
    • Although, Celestia may have thought that she had one really good friend or that she would have brought a date.
  • It doesn’t explain why she didn’t say why she brought a dying bird (which looked nothing like a phoenix) and why she didn’t look concerned at all. Seems like something you’d try to explain.
    • Although, this is Celestia. If she’s not concerned, then there’s probably nothing to worry about. And that was more Fluttershy’s fault for taking Philomena without asking.

Having Celestia as a troll would probably be a bad idea. Trolls in general aren’t the greatest people.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:21PM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 01:17PM EDT
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Two of my friends at school are bronies. All three of us agree that I’m like Fluttershy. Flutteryay

Consider yourself lucky to have at least two friends. There ain’t too many bronies here in Finland. Especially since I don’t live in the metropolitan area. Only a few of my friends even know about the existence of FiM, and those who do, don’t care about the show. They are the types who automatically disapprove of it simply because it’s a My Little Pony title. Just one of my old friends seems to like the show, but I haven’t really seen him since high school, and have only spoken a few times over the net, and never about FiM.

But at least they don’t hold it against me, unless it’s in a joking manner. They know that I like a lot of different cartoons, so I can kinda get away with liking FiM too. Besides, being and artist gives me the “permission” of being strange and eccentric.

I fear the day the finnish dub of FiM airs though. So far, I’ve been open about being a casual brony, but after seeing the leaked clips on YouTube, I’m afraid the people will relate me to the dubbed monstrosity. If I had seen the dubbed version if FiM before the original, I probably would’ve ended up a hater myself…

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:24PM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 01:19PM EDT
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

What chapter is Darkmane’s cameo in?

Around Chapter 3 maybe, I’m srsly trying to fit him and Thunder Blitz in.
and i’ll be sure to credit you guys

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:24PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

Around Chapter 3 maybe, I’m srsly trying to fit him and Thunder Blitz in.
and i’ll be sure to credit you guys

Thanks again for that, Karnage.

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:27PM EDT
Quote

Alright, I wasn’t going to post anything in this vein, but this is the most sincere piece I’ve ever seen, and it needs to be seen.

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:28PM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

Alright, I wasn’t going to post anything in this vein, but this is the most sincere piece I’ve ever seen, and it needs to be seen.

This is a beautiful picture that made me tear up a bit the first time I saw it.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:32PM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 01:32PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

Around Chapter 3 maybe, I’m srsly trying to fit him and Thunder Blitz in.
and i’ll be sure to credit you guys

How long before Flare eats the donuts? You could probably tie them in to Darkmane’s cameo. He loves sweets after all.

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:34PM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

Alright, I wasn’t going to post anything in this vein, but this is the most sincere piece I’ve ever seen, and it needs to be seen.

Wow. A Rainbow Dash one and an Applejack one. Neat

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:37PM EDT
Quote

So I’ve been reading the “Ask Pinkamena Diane Pie” tumblr…

I’m frightened.
Also, @Ideological, can you post the Rainbow Dash one?

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:39PM EDT
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Oh, that one.
I thought you meant a different picture, sorry.

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:41PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

i fixed the second chapter of my fanfic, giving Flare a bit of a backstory
Here#

Really nice, write moar!

And about friend-bronies, none of my friends know about me being a brony, they’re the kind that dislike it because it’s My Little Pony. I got one friend thought that easily could be a brony, he’s watching Pokémon and other cartoons and is proud about it. Would cry of happines if any of my friends got broniefied even thought I doubt they do, but I love them anyways.

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:45PM EDT
Quote

OK everyone, back from my sleep.

First of all, I’ll give (again) a Happy Birthday to @SS. Congratulations man!!

Second:

My small tribute for this date

I`m not a fan of fanfics, but I ended up spending the whole night reading BIttersweet (just outta curiosity)

Sep 11, 2011 at 01:47PM EDT
Quote

I’ve yet to write a fanfic. Darkmane doesn’t have much of a backstory yet. Also, if this pic is supposed to be scary I wouldn’t be creeped out. For obvious reasons.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:59PM EDT
Sep 11, 2011 at 01:54PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!