Forums / Discussion / General

168,567 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

burning_phoneix wrote:

Well..mostly good but please don’t just come in and say “Hello Everypony” as a post.

I always get excited to see a bunch of new post notifications in my inbox and find that everyone has just been saying hello to each other. :(

Sorry

Sep 12, 2011 at 05:58PM EDT
Quote

And roughly ten thousand already-half-finished ship-fics about Discord hooking up with Nightmare Moon are instantaneously deleted.

I like the design (slightly unflattering picture though, he looks better through the rest of the video), I’m glad they actually went along with the idea that he’s the spirit of chaos instead of some bland Nightmare Moon clone. The fact that no one saw that coming is a testament to how creative the dev team is.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:04PM EDT
Quote

Freakinator wrote:

nah.avi, stop being emo. Everypony here is respected.

And here’s some D’AWWWWW for everypony.

Thank you im not used to seeing this much kindness on the internet….
Im just happy that there is a refuge like this for people to go to for emotional support where they feel at home and loved and this might be the only chance the internet might have to become a more “friendly” place to go to atleast.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:04PM EDT
Quote

Freakinator wrote:

nah.avi, stop being emo. Everypony here is respected.

And here’s some D’AWWWWW for everypony.

again, DAMN YOU REALITY
@Warboss Brony

well said mein friend

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

again, DAMN YOU REALITY
@Warboss Brony

well said mein friend

what does mein….mean?

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

what does mein….mean?

I believe it’s German for “my”.

Also, I was going to post Blitz’ story on here… but it’s reaaaaaaallly long, now that I look at it. Hmm.

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 06:14PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 06:13PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

I believe it’s German for “my”.

Also, I was going to post Blitz’ story on here… but it’s reaaaaaaallly long, now that I look at it. Hmm.

Ok and ty ^^

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:15PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

I believe it’s German for “my”.

Also, I was going to post Blitz’ story on here… but it’s reaaaaaaallly long, now that I look at it. Hmm.

yeah, its German for “my”, im taking a German class
as for your story, link it, i’d like to see his story

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 06:18PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 06:17PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

yeah, its German for “my”, im taking a German class
as for your story, link it, i’d like to see his story

Thing is, it’s a bit too long for a post, but too short for a document.
Dammit.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:18PM EDT
Quote

Haha, I posted that Luna picture just today and it’s already getting use. That’s pretty awesome.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:20PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Thing is, it’s a bit too long for a post, but too short for a document.
Dammit.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:23PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

Alright, fine.
Long post incoming.

After spending all day at school thinking about it (instead of actually… y’know… schooling), here’s Thunder Blitz’ story:
He was born in a relatively small town, with his mother being that of a unicorn and his father a pegasus. They used what little money they could afford to send him to a flight camp in Cloudsdale. He earned his Cutie Mark after flying during a storm and was struck by lightning – somehow surviving the shock and fall – and dragging himself back to a hospital. His talent was that of tenacity, and is able to take a large amount of pain without even getting hurt.
At the age of 19, finally graduating, he noticed his parents didn’t show up to the ceremony. He was mildly ticked off, and he began the trek back home alone. When he arrived, he saw the house was on fire, and a firepony on scene told him what had happened: the house had been struck by lightning, and his parents had suffocated on the smoke. Devastated by the bitter irony, he left the town and has disowned his first name, only going by Blitz, and prefers to not talk about his Cutie Mark. He doesn’t blame himself, but hates the irony of it all. 2 months after the accident, he’s begun growing his previously short mane and tail out, and has bought a small house (with what little inheritance he had) in Ponyville, unable to go back to his hometown after what happened, generally keeping to himself whenever possible.

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 06:44PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 06:28PM EDT
Quote

lolwtfbbq, what is celestia’s name is going on? Why must you spoilers!!?!?!???!?

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:41PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Alright, fine.
Long post incoming.

After spending all day at school thinking about it (instead of actually… y’know… schooling), here’s Thunder Blitz’ story:
He was born in a relatively small town, with his mother being that of a unicorn and his father a pegasus. They used what little money they could afford to send him to a flight camp in Cloudsdale. He earned his Cutie Mark after flying during a storm and was struck by lightning – somehow surviving the shock and fall – and dragging himself back to a hospital. His talent was that of tenacity, and is able to take a large amount of pain without even getting hurt.
At the age of 19, finally graduating, he noticed his parents didn’t show up to the ceremony. He was mildly ticked off, and he began the trek back home alone. When he arrived, he saw the house was on fire, and a firepony on scene told him what had happened: the house had been struck by lightning, and his parents had suffocated on the smoke. Devastated by the bitter irony, he left the town and has disowned his first name, only going by Blitz, and prefers to not talk about his Cutie Mark. He doesn’t blame himself, but hates the irony of it all. 2 months after the accident, he’s begun growing his previously short mane and tail out, and has bought a small house (with what little inheritance he had) in Ponyville, unable to go back to his hometown after what happened, generally keeping to himself whenever possible.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:42PM EDT
Quote

Not Caramel wrote:

lolwtfbbq, what is celestia’s name is going on? Why must you spoilers!!?!?!???!?

Because people aren’t very nice.

Also, @Karnage, I’ll probably write a story about him later.

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 06:42PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 06:42PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Because people aren’t very nice.

Also, @Karnage, I’ll probably write a story about him later.

alright, could it be possible to reference to Flare or do what i did to Blitz in my fanfic?
just asking.

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 06:51PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 06:45PM EDT
Quote

Freakinator wrote:

nah.avi, stop being emo. Everypony here is respected.

And here’s some D’AWWWWW for everypony.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:45PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

This thread is still alive?

What, this entire pony thread? Well of course, you silly filly.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:51PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

alright, could it be possible to reference to Flare or do what i did to Blitz in my fanfic?
just asking.

Possibly. The first story will probably just be a more detailed thing of what I just typed up.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:51PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Possibly. The first story will probably just be a more detailed thing of what I just typed up.

alright then
From now on, till is says EXACTLY what Discord is, I’m gonna call him a Jabberwocky

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:53PM EDT
Quote

@CitationNeeded
That was pretty good
I’ll be looking forward to the story :D

Now I need to come up with a backstory/better design for my OC
at the minute the backstory is just “its me but pony!”
(also turns out I’m not off for the night cause I have an iPod! sorry!)

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:53PM EDT
Quote

'Hip-Hop Legend' Lolstaz wrote:

@CitationNeeded
That was pretty good
I’ll be looking forward to the story :D

Now I need to come up with a backstory/better design for my OC
at the minute the backstory is just “its me but pony!”
(also turns out I’m not off for the night cause I have an iPod! sorry!)

Can you show us a picture of your OC?

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:54PM EDT
Quote

I don’t think Discord looks too bad in the clip. We definitely need to see a villain that’s not a pony.

Also, his voice really sounds awesome. I think the creators of the show has done a fine job of creating a villain.

I want to talk more about the clip, but I think I’ve said enough.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:55PM EDT
Quote

Stop talking about season 2 please! Fluttershy implores you.

Your spoilers make Fluttershy cry, you monsters.

Sep 12, 2011 at 06:57PM EDT
Quote

I know it’s just a 60 second clip, but Discord has ALREADY accomplished more then Nightmare Moon did.

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:02PM EDT
Quote

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

peers into thread

…this a bad time to come in?

Are you related to Marty McFly by any chance? Can you play some awesome Johnny B. Goode? J/k

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:02PM EDT
Quote

Not Caramel wrote:

Stop talking about season 2 please! Fluttershy implores you.

Your spoilers make Fluttershy cry, you monsters.

look at what happend

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 07:06PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 07:04PM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:

I know it’s just a 60 second clip, but Discord has ALREADY accomplished more then Nightmare Moon did.

It still doesn’t matter to me anyways. I like Nightmare Moon. Shame she’ll probably never appear again.

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:05PM EDT
Quote

Not Caramel wrote:

Stop talking about season 2 please! Fluttershy implores you.

Your spoilers make Fluttershy cry, you monsters.


i r tru evol.

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:07PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Are you related to Marty McFly by any chance? Can you play some awesome Johnny B. Goode? J/k

Sorry. No relation. At all. I do have the same time-travelling DeLorean…

…it’s somewhere in my garage…

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:08PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

look at what happend

Oh god, too much daaaaaaaaaaw…
HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:14PM EDT
Quote

Though I was’t expecting that at all, I would’t say I’m dissapointed. On contrary, I’m thrilled. As pretty much everyone stated, a clone of Nightmare Moon would be too lame.

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:19PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

I was hoping this was him ):

To you and everyone else upset about Discord, were you HONESTLY expecting that? ^

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:20PM EDT
Quote

❀Daruqe❀ wrote:

To you and everyone else upset about Discord, were you HONESTLY expecting that? ^

I like his actual design WAY better then that, that looks like (and I’m pretty sure is) a bad FC.

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

hey guise i just got back from class an…Holy Shetlands what is this spoilers on my board without a warning rarity_howcouldyou.avi

(runs to Ponibooru in a panic)
TOO LATE
 
Thanks to those who removed the pictures of Discord. And…even though most of us now know the description of Discord, please do not add anymore info than what has already been posted.
 
However, it was the descriptions here that made me realize that I can’t go to Ponibooru (and EqD for a while at least,) and because of that, I haven’t gotten a clean look at him yet. So you simultaneously saved me from the spoiler by…spoiling.

Weird…

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 07:29PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Can you show us a picture of your OC?

Here ya go
Imagine that with my avatar’s colours and replace the cutie mark with a hole from an acoustic guitar with strings over it

Sorry it took so long but I’m on an iPod and that was on one of those EQD artist training grounds things and it was number 207 lol

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:28PM EDT
Quote


I love this picture
try not to notice i steered the topic from Discord

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 07:31PM EDT
Sep 12, 2011 at 07:30PM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:

I like his actual design WAY better then that, that looks like (and I’m pretty sure is) a bad FC.

REGARDLESS, his voice acting and character are fucking awesome.

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:30PM EDT
Quote

'Hip-Hop Legend' Lolstaz wrote:

Here ya go
Imagine that with my avatar’s colours and replace the cutie mark with a hole from an acoustic guitar with strings over it

Sorry it took so long but I’m on an iPod and that was on one of those EQD artist training grounds things and it was number 207 lol

Looks good. Don’t think I’d have been able to draw it anything like that (then again, I suck at drawing, so meh).

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

I’ve seen about a dozen of these in the same style. Anyone know the artist or origin?

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:37PM EDT
Quote

❀Daruqe❀ wrote:

REGARDLESS, his voice acting and character are fucking awesome.

Exactly! Dude’s gunna be a fuuuun villain!

Sep 12, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!