Forums / Discussion / General

170,636 total conversations in 5,580 threads

+ New Thread

How do membership levels work?

Last posted Mar 20, 2011 at 06:08PM EDT. Added Mar 15, 2011 at 01:57AM EDT
36 posts from 22 users

Yeah, I made this account a year ago but never used it. Thinking of using it now. I uploaded 2 pictures, well, technically 4, but 2 of those were the result of lag. I now have a Gold Membership.

Is there a chart I can look at or something? I do not understand how I have this…

Mar 15, 2011 at 01:57AM EDT

It doesn’t really matter anyway. Nothing special happens.

Mar 15, 2011 at 02:23AM EDT

Your membership is determined by the number of “contributions” to this website.

These can be anything you do on this site; forum posts, comments, entry edits/submissions, images, and videos are all considered contributions.

I don’t know the exact number required to progress to each level, but I think it goes
Brand New Member (0-5)
Member (6-10)
Gold Membership (11-50
Reseacher (51-9000)
OVER 9000!!!1 (hurr I dunno)

There is also a hodgepodge of moderator and administrator positions. These are the people that can ban, lock threads, deadpool/confirm entries, etc.

Some of these individuals hold powers that have yet to be fully used. In addition to the standard forum and entry mods, we have a number of interns, a Scientist Emeritus, and Tikibar Management.

Mar 15, 2011 at 04:03AM EDT

I am a researcher, because I work the hardest around here you know.

Mar 15, 2011 at 04:40AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I am a researcher, because I work the hardest around here you know.

Truth.

Mar 15, 2011 at 05:42AM EDT

Sutcliff wrote:

Yeah, I made this account a year ago but never used it. Thinking of using it now. I uploaded 2 pictures, well, technically 4, but 2 of those were the result of lag. I now have a Gold Membership.

Is there a chart I can look at or something? I do not understand how I have this…

In order to upgrade to Platinum membership, send me $50.

PayPal accepted.

Mar 15, 2011 at 01:10PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

PayPal accepted.

Silly troll, you have no power here. Begone!

Mar 15, 2011 at 01:34PM EDT

I uploaded over 100 ponies my first day here.
So I instantly got researcher and didn’t know it.

Mar 15, 2011 at 05:15PM EDT

angrypwnzer wrote:

I wish we could make custom titles….

Just like James ‘Nic Cage Fan’ thing he’s got goin on.

Mar 15, 2011 at 06:25PM EDT

Totally Not Shnorlax wrote:

These can be anything you do on this site; forum posts, comments, entry edits/submissions, images, and videos are all considered contributions.

I don’t know the exact number required to progress to each level, but I think it goes
Brand New Member (0-5)
Member (6-10)
Gold Membership (11-50
Reseacher (51-9000)

There is also a hodgepodge of moderator and administrator positions. These are the people that can ban, lock threads, deadpool/confirm entries, etc.

Some of these individuals hold powers that have yet to be fully used. In addition to the standard forum and entry mods, we have a number of interns, a Scientist Emeritus, and Tikibar Management.

OVER 9000!!!1 was a gift by jamiew to me for being the first to reach 9000 contributions.

Mar 15, 2011 at 08:03PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

OVER 9000!!!1 was a gift by jamiew to me for being the first to reach 9000 contributions.

I’m so jealous.

Last edited Mar 15, 2011 at 08:15PM EDT
Mar 15, 2011 at 08:09PM EDT

I’m 6527 contributions away from getting the OVER 9000!!!1 rank.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:12PM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

I’m 6527 contributions away from getting the OVER 9000!!!1 rank.

I don’t think you’ll actually get it, because it was only given to the first person to do so.
Though, you’ll probably get some special rank for going out of your way for doing something special.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:19PM EDT

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

Do I need to be OVER 9000 to run for Mod/Admin?

No. The admins will mod you if they think you’re good for the job, but a lot of it is also luck.
If you want to be an admin, seek internship at Rocketboom, and if you secure a permanent job there, it’s possible that you’d become an admin.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:54PM EDT

I think RG (Kate C. Campeau) is the only person with that many contributions- moderator, staff, or other.

Also, KYM has had two rounds of appointing moderators:
1.0 – Horseeater, Shadowfury (Shadowfairy), Mellow (now a Community Manager), Jostin Asuncion, Tomberry, Blah-tan, Frketson
1.1- Watcher
2.0- Christopher the Pimp Abra, Doc, Trick Lobo, myself

So I don’t know when the next round will come around, but it’s not something you “run for,” and is thus far given by invitation only :|

edit: what RG said

Last edited Mar 15, 2011 at 11:59PM EDT
Mar 15, 2011 at 11:58PM EDT

Ogreenworld wrote:

I think RG (Kate C. Campeau) is the only person with that many contributions- moderator, staff, or other.

Also, KYM has had two rounds of appointing moderators:
1.0 – Horseeater, Shadowfury (Shadowfairy), Mellow (now a Community Manager), Jostin Asuncion, Tomberry, Blah-tan, Frketson
1.1- Watcher
2.0- Christopher the Pimp Abra, Doc, Trick Lobo, myself

So I don’t know when the next round will come around, but it’s not something you “run for,” and is thus far given by invitation only :|

edit: what RG said

I’m also the only Video Mod.

It’s funny because the Video system doesn’t work, so, I can’t do anything regarding videos yet.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:03AM EDT

Yeah, I have posted shitloads of comments and forum posts and one day I became a researcher. And I was really surprised because I thought you also needed to post atleast one entry or more.

Mar 16, 2011 at 08:48AM EDT

Totally Not Shnorlax wrote:

Brand New Member (0-5)
Member (6-10)
Gold Membership (11-50
Reseacher (51-9000)

There really ought to be more divisions above Researcher, as one gets there awfully quickly (as 00CLANK) pointed out, and then everybody pretty much stays at that rank forever. Among other things, as sonic4ever13 pointed out, it doesn’t even have anything to do with how much actual research you’ve done. Sometimes I feel it’s not right that people who may have contributed nothing to the database get the same status that I do, and at the same time, I get the same status as people who have done ten times as much work as me (or far, far more!) I remember when I made “Researcher” thinking, “Really? I make a handful of comments and post a couple of second-rate entries to the database and I have the same status as someone like Ogreenworld? That doesn’t seen quite right somehow.”

Mar 16, 2011 at 09:43AM EDT

Oh, and one more thing I forgot to mention:
There is also a “Jr. Researcher” rank that was not on this list.

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:40AM EDT

I think Proto-member is “Brand New Member” after a certain amount of time has passed.
Also, your activity on the forums vs your activity on the Database has an effect as well. You are forever a “Member” if you havent posted on the database.

Also, I think there shouled be at least one more division, mainly about those people who have submitted a meme entry to the database and people who are an editor of a confirmed entry.

Mar 16, 2011 at 02:00PM EDT

Work here and make some t-shirts and soon you will have a radical cool STAFF MEMBER title and you get to do cool adminy things.

Also, you get to hang out with awesome people like me.

Mar 16, 2011 at 02:57PM EDT

the more you post the more you get end then level up yah noob.

Mar 16, 2011 at 04:32PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

PayPal accepted.

Mar 18, 2011 at 08:17PM EDT

OVER 9000!!!1
Wow, that seems like teh best rank evah!!!

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:17PM EDT

The best rank ever is the “Tikibar” one. No exception.

Mar 19, 2011 at 06:52AM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

The best rank ever is the “Tikibar” one. No exception.

Only old fags understand that, and they all left, so only you get the joke, I don’t even get it.

Mar 19, 2011 at 02:10PM EDT

There are two reasonable answers to your remark:

1 – KYM oldfags are still here but don’t bother posting because of people like you finding happiness and excitement at creating flame wars on this website. They may also be indifferent or disappointed by the fact we can’t have a normal conversation with you anymore without feeling irritated in some way or another.

2 – It wasn’t a joke. Tikibar is the best rank ever. Period.

PROTIP: The shortest answer may or may not be the best one.

Mar 20, 2011 at 02:17PM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

There are two reasonable answers to your remark:

1 – KYM oldfags are still here but don’t bother posting because of people like you finding happiness and excitement at creating flame wars on this website. They may also be indifferent or disappointed by the fact we can’t have a normal conversation with you anymore without feeling irritated in some way or another.

2 – It wasn’t a joke. Tikibar is the best rank ever. Period.

PROTIP: The shortest answer may or may not be the best one.

I don’t start flamewars, how could you ever accuse me of such a thing, before you even start prove it, I though so you can’t.

I bearly irritatable, i say teh truth.

Mar 20, 2011 at 03:11PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

There really ought to be more divisions above Researcher, as one gets there awfully quickly (as 00CLANK) pointed out, and then everybody pretty much stays at that rank forever. Among other things, as sonic4ever13 pointed out, it doesn’t even have anything to do with how much actual research you’ve done. Sometimes I feel it’s not right that people who may have contributed nothing to the database get the same status that I do, and at the same time, I get the same status as people who have done ten times as much work as me (or far, far more!) I remember when I made “Researcher” thinking, “Really? I make a handful of comments and post a couple of second-rate entries to the database and I have the same status as someone like Ogreenworld? That doesn’t seen quite right somehow.”

No kidding. I haven’t made any entries or anything. Just slapped up a bunch of pictures, which doesn’t take any real effort or skill, just a bit of time.

Mar 20, 2011 at 06:08PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!