Forums / Discussion / General

232,766 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
What goes around comes around...

Last posted Mar 30, 2011 at 10:27PM EDT. Added Mar 28, 2011 at 11:44PM EDT
51 posts from 19 users

This is a stupid thread. I deadpooled that entry because it is neither a meme nor a memetic hub. Also, the article was written like the above picture.

Lock please

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Dude, deadpooling the entry is the biggest mistake.
It's like saying in front of so many people, "X is a douche!"
And then some time later the douche becomes your boss.
Going to sound like humiliation.
And one does not simply put shit fountains anywhere.

Dane wrote:

Was it this you tried to deadpool?

https://knowyourmeme.com/blog/in-the-media/know-your-meme-cheezburger

No, it was this: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-cheezburger-network.

I'm still standing by my point. The Cheezburger network is not a meme, and you cannot argue against that. And it is also not a memetic hub, considering it is an entire network of sites and there would be few that spread beyond its boundaries. Finally, this is not in any way ironic. It's like saying a man is not a chimpanzee, and then 10 months later he becomes your boss. He's still not a chimpanzee, and he will not be angry with you for doubting his chimpanzee-ness.

Nukehumvee, I've added you as an editor to the entry, if you think you can somehow prove that it is a memetic hub.

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

Dude, deadpooling the entry is the biggest mistake.
It's like saying in front of so many people, "X is a douche!"
And then some time later the douche becomes your boss.
Going to sound like humiliation.
And one does not simply put shit fountains anywhere.

As you know there can be any number of reasons an entry gets deadpooled. Some really good memes get deadpooled just because of bad writing, etc. So I do see the point you are making but I don't see it that way. I think they are right to have deadpooled it and you really didn't need to open a new thread about it. You already said the same thing in the https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/9032-know-your-meme-3s-cheezburgers thread. That's why the shit fountain and I was waiting for the shitstorm to hit next.

The Cheezburger Network is a collection of blogs and sites that post and feature memetic things. For example, I Can Haz Cheezburger? posts Lolcat images and videos, and Failblog posts Fail images and videos. Neither of these sites actively create memes, unlike sites like 4chan or Tumblr. These sites are memetic hubs because users can freely post content, and are encouraged to create and popularize material that may be or become memetic. Ergo, an entry for Cheezburger would be like an entry for KYM: sure, there are memes there, but they aren't created there, only documented, and possibly popularized.

tl;dr I agree with Horseeater said.

I also agree with Horseeater on that case.
Being bought by Cheezburger doesn't make them having privileges over KYM's way of analyzing entries.
Otherwise, it will eventually give a reliable and strong reason for haters to hate KYM even more.

Horseeater wrote:

I'm still standing by my point. The Cheezburger network is not a meme, and you cannot argue against that. And it is also not a memetic hub, considering it is an entire network of sites and there would be few that spread beyond its boundaries. Finally, this is not in any way ironic. It's like saying a man is not a chimpanzee, and then 10 months later he becomes your boss. He's still not a chimpanzee, and he will not be angry with you for doubting his chimpanzee-ness.

Nukehumvee, I've added you as an editor to the entry, if you think you can somehow prove that it is a memetic hub.

How do I edited entry?

Suiseiseki     wrote:

Lol surrendering so soon?

INb4 LOCK

I want this thread to be locked because the entry for the Cheezburger has been undeadpooled, and it's unrelated to the shitstorm that's gonna happen, I deserve it anyway for trying to fight the majority.

I want this thread to be locked because the entry for the Cheezburger has been undeadpooled, and it's unrelated to the shitstorm that's gonna happen, I deserve it anyway for trying to fight the majority.

That's right!

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

TREMBLE BEFORE MY MIGHTY DESU SPAM AND IMPRENETRABLE SHEILD OF APATHY!!!

Das Grammatik is vrong.
PENETRATE, not PRENETRATE.
And the way you say it, it's like she(?) wants to f**k my servers.

LOL you finally got it. I'm LMAO here
Suiseiseki spelled it wrong and I just kept it going

Last edited Mar 29, 2011 at 11:55PM EDT

Nuke, don't let it get to you. This happened 2 weeks ago actually. Some newfag comes in, makes a thread, wants thread closed, then no one let thread die and OP goes insane. You should lurk some more and understand our confusing, and primitive ways. You must become one of us through rites of passage, and then confront us. And if we do anything except for brutally maim you within an inch of your life but not kill you, and you live…. You shall be one of us!

The Monolith is KYM… Don't touch it. Only WORSHIP IT!!!

Last edited Mar 30, 2011 at 06:01AM EDT

What goes up must come down.
Nah, forget the Alicia Keys song for a while.
Nukehumvee was added as editor to the entry Cheezburger Network, which KYM un-deadpooled as an entry.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Talk about karma.

Horseeater wrote:

I would just like to say that this was the only post in thtis thread that made any sense whatsoever (although I did like the IMPRENETRABLE stuff, and hope to see it appear in future threads as a new KYM-local meme).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!