Forums / Discussion / General

232,836 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Adventure Game Concept

Last posted Apr 02, 2011 at 10:10PM EDT. Added Apr 02, 2011 at 09:09PM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

I know that some people are excited about the vaguely KYM-themed RPG concept, but I just don't get how it's relevant to the site.

SO I've written up a concept that I think jives better with what KYM is all about.

STORY

In an alternate reality, some time far in the future and slightly to the right, the world has only one homogeneous culture. Nearly all the people in the world speak the same language, wear the same fashions, tell the same jokes, and subscribe to the same ideological standards.

On the surface, things seem ideal. There is never any news of war or famine. There is never any news of any conflict at all. There is never any news.

On a street in downtown First!Apolis a grey man dressed in the government-supplied standard issue keffiyeh, trucker hat, and high-tops passes a girl he has only partially seen.

“O Hai, miss. Wat do?”

“lolwut?”

“I dunno lol!”

They are a people who can speak to one another, but it’s rare that their words convey much in meaning or information. They are a people who’ve forgotten their origins. It is a world comprised almost entirely of poseurs.

Miles beneath the surface, there is a vast, top-secret bunker in which the finest minds are working hard to restore humanity’s knowledge of the people, places, and ideas from which their collective culture was born. This is The Institute of Internet Studies.

These radical rebels operate in secret, for if their work were to be discovered, the Copyright Police (C.P.) would have them all reprogrammed, the institute shut down, and humanities last hope for cultural diversity would be lost forever.

The institute sends out covert agents to the rest of the world, observing cultural artifacts, poring over records, and recording evolution of the memes that make up the world.

With each confirmed meme, the corrupt world government’s authority is weakened. The people of the world are waking up, realizing that a society of total like-mindedness is a society asleep.

Help tear down the intellectual property wall and restore our history to the people!
KNOW YOUR MEME MOTHERFUCKERS!

[zoom flash zoom whizbang action movie intro]

MAIN CHARACTERS

KYM-Tan: The Institute’s head researcher! Not only is KYM-Tan aware of all internet traditions but she’s likely to go into a long-winded rant about Lefarkins and Vanderleun to make sure that you also understand the relevance of the phrase. KYM-Tan knows that Internet is serious business, but if she hears you utter that phrase yourself, be prepared to receive an ear-full about Genmay’s leader [M] being told “internet is serious business” by his ISP.

Deadpool-Kun: The man with the hardest job in the institute, Deadpool-Kun’s job is to determine which meme research submissions are of lowest priority.

Submission-Senpai: proudly self-identifies as a fag-fag. Most new recruits to the Institute are generally xenophobic, conditioned to resist anything that isn’t aligned with the world government’s view. Submission-Senpai advocates a view that conflict is the engine through which progress is made, and that promoting cultural differences is essential to the restoration of independent thought.

The culture-controlling one world government (name is up for reinterpretation): The government believes that they are ensuring worldwide peace and prosperity for the greater good, but this is achieved through misinformation. Certain clandestine organization within the government are actively submitting false information to the KYM rebels in order to undermine their efforts.

Gameplay: LOL I DUNNO I’M NOT A PROGRAMMER. Research memes, yo.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!