Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Possibility for an upcomming Meme: iPhone Tracker

Last posted Apr 23, 2011 at 10:58AM EDT. Added Apr 21, 2011 at 08:45AM EDT
5 posts from 3 users

Hi,

i smell a new Meme comming up in the near future.
Today a few hackers found out that the iPhone is keeping records of the cell it logged into and it copies all the data on the HD when you connect it to the computer. There it can be read by software, for example trojans.
Why is this a possible Meme in wanting?
Because of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4
Apple making a ripoff of the movie 1982 ("Big Brother") for a commercial.
iPhone users (iPad, iTunes, …) have allways been more of a 1982-sheep than a free-spirit, but this news could burst the bubble completly.
I am fairly sure, soon we will see videos and pictures of the commercial, not with the Big-Brother-person doing a speech, but with Steve Jobbs on the screen.
I will wait a week, if indeed a Meme springs out of this situation.

Sigh
So far only a few comments on the commercial-video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4

- "Its funny because the people that buy apples products now are sheep and the people in this video are sheep."

- "This comercial would be better explained if you watch the movie "pirates of silicon valley".If it was true Steve Jobos was up to make a dent in history, I'm sure he did, but he forgets one thing… this is a world of power and now that he has it, not much good has come out of it recently, to break out from "big brother"."

- "Yep… it's true! And I notice a likeness between the spokesman in the screens and Steve Jobs!"

- "Good Ad. Wow, now I'm convinced that Apple is SOOO not Big Brother…. oh wait: //technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_new­s/2011/04/21/6508416-govt-offi­cials-want-answers-to-secret-i­phone-tracking"

- "lol the iphone tracks peoples location."

The most liked (the most thumbs up) commentary:

- 'For those confused, it is based on George Orwells book 1984, in which society is controlled by Big Brother and is being watched/heard night and day. On top of this, they are fuelled with hatred for the past and other societies other than their own.'

isn't it ironic how over the years Apple has become exactly this?

…. and, well, a commentary belonging to another Meme:

- "What's she doing out of the kitchen?"

So maybe not exactly a fix "Apple = Big Brother" Meme, but a more general Meme, saying how ironic it is, when Apple claims to fight 'The Man'.

SixthHokage wrote:

Sigh
So far only a few comments on the commercial-video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4

- "Its funny because the people that buy apples products now are sheep and the people in this video are sheep."

- "This comercial would be better explained if you watch the movie "pirates of silicon valley".If it was true Steve Jobos was up to make a dent in history, I'm sure he did, but he forgets one thing… this is a world of power and now that he has it, not much good has come out of it recently, to break out from "big brother"."

- "Yep… it's true! And I notice a likeness between the spokesman in the screens and Steve Jobs!"

- "Good Ad. Wow, now I'm convinced that Apple is SOOO not Big Brother…. oh wait: //technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_new­s/2011/04/21/6508416-govt-offi­cials-want-answers-to-secret-i­phone-tracking"

- "lol the iphone tracks peoples location."

The most liked (the most thumbs up) commentary:

- 'For those confused, it is based on George Orwells book 1984, in which society is controlled by Big Brother and is being watched/heard night and day. On top of this, they are fuelled with hatred for the past and other societies other than their own.'

isn't it ironic how over the years Apple has become exactly this?

…. and, well, a commentary belonging to another Meme:

- "What's she doing out of the kitchen?"

So maybe not exactly a fix "Apple = Big Brother" Meme, but a more general Meme, saying how ironic it is, when Apple claims to fight 'The Man'.

Last edited Apr 23, 2011 at 10:59AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!