Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE

Last posted May 31, 2011 at 01:38PM EDT. Added Apr 24, 2011 at 02:32PM EDT
82 posts from 23 users

OK. This may sound totally oldfag, but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?
Everyone on this has either converted to ponies or is about to. What happened to all the fights, disagreements and flames that used to be here? When did everybody start to love MLP? Why?

Joeflims wrote:

Everyone on this has either converted to ponies or is about to. What happened to all the fights, disagreements and flames that used to be here? When did everybody start to love MLP? Why?

Now I'm definitely not a Brony, but I mean, the title of the show is My Little Pony: FRIENDSHIP is Magic…

Joeflims wrote:

Instead of flaming, bronies tend to love and tolerate the shit out of those who flame them up to the point that they themselves become bronies. Judging by the number of converts they've gained, I say this strategy works.

Ashley wrote:

It's a good show, I don't see why so many people keep saying that others should be embarrassed for liking it.

I think it has to do with implied cultural standards. The show (and the mlp label in general) is geared towards pre-teen girls. 18- to 25-year-old (fe)males "shouldn't" be allowed to watch this, which is why they're embarrassed to admit that they like it. In fact, I have a good number of friends in rl that are in college and still watch cartoons like MLP, Chowder, and Adventure Time, to name a few.

Filshizzle wrote:

I think it has to do with implied cultural standards. The show (and the mlp label in general) is geared towards pre-teen girls. 18- to 25-year-old (fe)males "shouldn't" be allowed to watch this, which is why they're embarrassed to admit that they like it. In fact, I have a good number of friends in rl that are in college and still watch cartoons like MLP, Chowder, and Adventure Time, to name a few.

I don't think you're ever too old to watch cartoons. They're cartoons, they are meant to be enjoyed, why not enjoy them?

Piano wrote:

I don't think you're ever too old to watch cartoons. They're cartoons, they are meant to be enjoyed, why not enjoy them?

You had to Bump it. You just had to freakin' Bump this monstrosity.

Please, for once, do what the following Gifffff tells you to do.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!