Forums / Discussion / General

232,822 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

What am I supposed to do?

Last posted May 04, 2011 at 12:35PM EDT. Added May 03, 2011 at 12:20AM EDT
28 posts from 19 users

Apparently a large portion of the site doesn't like me. Just tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm tired of all the anti-karma on every single post I have. I'm sorry if I've offended anybody, but I don't think I did.

I feel like Zoidberg right now.

Last edited May 03, 2011 at 12:21AM EDT

Ummm… Im not sure what you shouled do. Most people change their name and avatar and try again at least once.

And just for the record I have no clue what you did to get everyone to hate you.

Part of it is that you're looking for jokes in a lot of places where they don't go.
In general, you aren't doing anything wrong, but things in the forums can be a bit more serious than you treat them at times.

Three main problems.

1. You are commenting WAY too much. I mean, commenting is OK, but you need to have something to say. There is no point just posting a comment saying "I don't know" or What? or anything like that, it's purely pointless.

2. I think you're trying way too hard to be a popular, witty guy, like Dane and Troll King and so on. Posting overused memes as responses for no reason, too many shouty post's, repeating the same thing, etc.

3. You take this way. Too. Seriously. You unfriended Zapp cause he called you "fag" (a popular online term used constantly) after you spammed Desu far too much. Don't do stuff like that. That sucks.

Last edited May 03, 2011 at 01:15AM EDT

I'm finding in almost every other post one of you guys saying single word posts, not really worth saying, and not getting anti-karma. What's that about?

Last edited May 03, 2011 at 12:17PM EDT

Piano wrote:

Apparently a large portion of the site doesn't like me. Just tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm tired of all the anti-karma on every single post I have. I'm sorry if I've offended anybody, but I don't think I did.

I feel like Zoidberg right now.

I like you. :)

What's wrong with my Name/Avatar. I mean, if I changed my name it would be Dr. Zoidberg, but I don't want to change my avatar. But thank you, I'm sorry for taking stuff to seriously and/or offending you in any way…..

Last edited May 03, 2011 at 01:34PM EDT

Piano wrote:

What's wrong with my Name/Avatar. I mean, if I changed my name it would be Dr. Zoidberg, but I don't want to change my avatar. But thank you, I'm sorry for taking stuff to seriously and/or offending you in any way…..

There's sections on how serious subject can be, sure some people will make wise cracks to make people laugh, but it's also supporting the subject. Don't just post random stuff in threads that don't need it. If you do feel the need to post randomness, go the the "Just for Fun" section. A thread will pop up sooner or later for that. (btw you don't have to change anything, just clean up your act a little.)

I've read over some of what's been going on with you, RussianFedora. From what I can tell, you're pretty average for a new user. But you are a little more talkative than we're used to, which is the most likely cause for the hostility. As the others have stated, less unnecessary comments, more constructive posts.

However, it's not entirely your fault; the community's overreaction has me disappointed. It reminds me of the first major influx of new users wherein the older users expressed unwarranted hostility toward them. This led to a lot of drama that required the intervention of the site administration. It was a disaster. I do not want this happening again.
So guys: Tone it down a little. Hazing the noobs is alright to an extent, but let's not pick on one particular person. Do offer constructive criticism so that the hazing isn't pointless. But don't be hostile toward every new user that doesn't automatically know what to do.

I don't hate you. I also think some people are hating him a bit too much…
I obviously haven't been around here that long but I think that a few of his posts that are actually not that bad are getting -1 karmas. It's actually slightly annoying.

But yeah, RussianFedora, you sometimes get a little off the top.

Okay. Now that that's done…

Piano wrote:

Nothing is wrong with your avatar, taking things a bit too literal, and serious.

Last edited May 03, 2011 at 06:24PM EDT

Recent news items suggest to me that a sure-fire way to boost your popularity would be to kill some terrorists. Sure, it'll take some effort, but think of the Krama!

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm glad you are willing to guide me on my Internet Etiquette. And again (Just making sure everyone knows) I'm sorry if I've offended anybody (Especially you, Zapp) And I have no intentions to offend anyone. You guys are all hilarious and I look forward to being friends with everyone.

See this is where you've clearly gone wrong. All this careless posting ending up in unintentional offense is no good. You've got to work your way up to intentional offensiveness. For instance, it's a topic that starting to possibly get stale, but you could say some disparaging things about ponies and ponyfags.

[photo:120095]

I Laughed.

But yeah RF. You annoyed the sheet out of me when you first joined. But know your beginning to get the hang of things and know the do's and don'ts of KYM. How bout a fist pound?

The troll in me wants to mock you relentlessly.

The gentleman in me wants to cut you some slack and provide you with helpful advice.

Yeah, anyway. My guess is someone is trolling you passive aggressively, knowing you're new and that you'll probably be sensitive about your karma. Just remember, this is the internet, try not to take anything too seriously. That's when the trolls have won. Otherwise, just stick around for a while, observe how other members interact here, and adjust your behavior as you see fit. It's all a scientific method.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!