Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky
New Member Questions

Last posted Aug 28, 2014 at 06:36PM EDT. Added May 24, 2011 at 11:07PM EDT
263 posts from 122 users

@InspectorGadget25
You place the text you want displayed between "" followed by a colon and the link.
Like this:

"Some text":http://knowyourmeme.com/

Which gives

Some text

Feb 11, 2014 at 05:45AM EST

oh hai y’all! noob over here!

I’ve got a picture that i think could be a potential meme but just needs an awesome caption.

a) Where would i post the picture to get the ball rolling and ask people for caption submissions
b) How do i upload the picture (apologies if this question has previously been asked by someone else)

That’s pretty much it. any help would be appreciated because i think the pic is quite funny. i think it could be a IRL meme.

Have a good day

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:32AM EST

@Buz_buz
a) You don’t “make” a meme, it sort of comes out of itself. But the best place on this site would probably be the just for fun forum, maybe in the shitpost general. Otherwise, you could try any site that has something to do with memes.
b) You can upload the image to imgur, your profile here, or any other image hosting sites really.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:56AM EST

Zorgenflarg wrote:

@Buz_buz
a) You don’t “make” a meme, it sort of comes out of itself. But the best place on this site would probably be the just for fun forum, maybe in the shitpost general. Otherwise, you could try any site that has something to do with memes.
b) You can upload the image to imgur, your profile here, or any other image hosting sites really.

aaaaaah!! okay that makes sense. Thanks Mike! much appreciated :)

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:41AM EST

Updated OP to include the most useful resources that answer the most frequently asked questions.

Feb 13, 2014 at 04:01PM EST

Ok, so yesterday on the forums I was experiencing some problems. For some reason I was double posting, and I thought it was just a glitch on my computer when I post one comment it posts two. I did not intentionally double post, but I’d like to delete those double posts. I’m pretty sure there was a thread for this, but I can’t find it. If a Moderator could explain this or fix it, I’d be very much thankful.

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:03PM EST

Zorgenflarg wrote:

@InspectorGadget25
You place the text you want displayed between "" followed by a colon and the link.
Like this:

"Some text":http://knowyourmeme.com/

Which gives

Some text

Apr 23, 2014 at 06:32PM EDT

Okay I’m new here and I want to add a video form the Quinnspiracy gallery to TotalBiscuit’s page (and before you ask, yes the video is done by Total “Cynical Brit” Biscuit himself), the question is do I have to add it as a separate entry from the video already in the Quinnspiracy Gallery or can I add a video from one video gallery to the other, and if so, how?

Last edited Aug 28, 2014 at 06:24PM EDT
Aug 28, 2014 at 06:23PM EDT

No, unfortunately they won’t enable cross-referencing in the database, so if you want to add a video to more than one gallery you have to do it manually. Same goes for images. There’s tons of images and videos where I’ve had to go in and add them to two or more separate galleries because they are crossed memes or something.

Last edited Aug 28, 2014 at 06:37PM EDT
Aug 28, 2014 at 06:36PM EDT

Word Up! You must login or signup first!