Forums / Discussion / General

232,781 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

HALO 4

Last posted Jun 17, 2011 at 04:48AM EDT. Added Jun 06, 2011 at 05:16PM EDT
28 posts from 22 users

Microsoft I am disappoint…. Great, now i have to get it for the story line just to most likely disappointed by the repetitive Multi-player… Although I will admit im looking forward to seeing what 343 will do with it, I really liked Halo wars. Plus the continuation of halo 3 makes me giddy with excitement.

Katie C. wrote:

The only FPS that I could possibly be excited about is Half-Life 2 Episode 3. No other game is capable of bringing originality to the FPS table.

hl 2 is not too much of an improvement of hl1, besides a few things, hl1 totally sucked me in, played it several times over.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

hl 2 is not too much of an improvement of hl1, besides a few things, hl1 totally sucked me in, played it several times over.

HL2 brought in several technical improvements.
But one thing that really impressed me is the tense and somewhat frightening environment in Half Life games, even HL1. No horror cliches, just aliens, the military/combine, and enemies that are hard as fuck to kill.

Katie C. wrote:

HL2 brought in several technical improvements.
But one thing that really impressed me is the tense and somewhat frightening environment in Half Life games, even HL1. No horror cliches, just aliens, the military/combine, and enemies that are hard as fuck to kill.

Don't forget the giant fetus and the walking testicle monster.

Teh Brawler wrote:

How can that be? I read several times in Game Informer that Halo Reach was the last one.

Oh well. Looking forward to it.

Halo: Reach was the last game created by Bungie.
But, they don't own the Halo series, so 343 and Microsoft are taking care of it from now on.
All for the money.

Taryn wrote:

Halo: Reach was the last game created by Bungie.
But, they don't own the Halo series, so 343 and Microsoft are taking care of it from now on.
All for the money.

What were hoping for..

What we will get.

I knew Microsoft was gonna do something big. I have a feeling this on isn't gonna live up to the hype because it isn't being made by Bungie.

As much as a new game exites me, I was hoping halo reach would be the end, if only so this franchise does not suffer the same fate as certain other game franchises I don't even want to name. Regardless, I hope it's at least decent.

another fucking trilogy
i remember when 3 was supposed to be the last one
then came odst
then came reach
COMING SUMMER 2225 HALO 82: Revenge of the Grunt Army

Sweatie Killer wrote:

What were hoping for..

What we will get.

Except gearbox seems to be doing a really good job fucking up duke nukem. I don't really want them developing things until they actually take the franchise they are touching into mind.

Chris wrote:

Except gearbox seems to be doing a really good job fucking up duke nukem. I don't really want them developing things until they actually take the franchise they are touching into mind.

Suiseiseki     wrote:

343 already damaged Halo somewhat by making the whole Halo: Legends thing a while back. They basically got a bunch of anime artists together to rape the shit out of the Halo canon.

How exactly did they rape it? The creators of each of the episodes were allowed artistic liberties (japanese-style buildings instead of Forunner buildings in Babysitter, Dr. Halsey looking young in The Package, CQB helmet in Homecoming even though the CQB armor wasn't developed yet, etc.) but otherwise i don't see what you're getting at.

To the guy who said he thought that Reach was gonna be the last, Reach was the last Halo game to be developed by Bungie, but the Halo reigns have been handed to 343 Industries who are working on everything now (Bungie's still supporting Reach as far as i know, but i'm sure they'll eventually give it to 343 to handle).

As for the people worried it's not Bungie working on Halo 4, keep in mind that 343i is formed of ex-Bungie employees (Frank O'Connor, etc.), so just chill out and see how good the game is WHEN YOU ACTUALLY PLAY IT, CAPICHE?

K, rant over, looking forward to this and also the Halo 1 remake :).

Chris wrote:

Well, I basing my opinion off the original halo, and Half life opposing forces, which were both pretty epic.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!