Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Dinosaurs

Last posted Jun 15, 2011 at 10:27AM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2011 at 12:48AM EDT
35 posts from 20 users

Hey, when's Battlefield 3 coming out? Does it have split screen? I'm inviting a few friends over in two weeks and desperately need a new Xbox 360 game that has split screen.

Brucker wrote:

I beg to differ. Every meme was created by someone.

The meme itself is never created by one person, and very rarely is the template content created by one person. A meme becomes a meme over time and the catalyst for it being a meme is the fact that it is spread over hundreds of thousands of people. The content of the meme is usually tweaked along the way as well, so even the template content is almost never created by one person.

Last edited Jun 12, 2011 at 02:39PM EDT

The guy who first posted "you must construct original pylons" can be confirmed to have started 3 memes due to his fans parroting him.
But nobody who goes out there saying "lol I make meme look" makes a meme because it doesn't catch on like a random meme out of the wild.

Piano wrote:

The meme itself is never created by one person, and very rarely is the template content created by one person. A meme becomes a meme over time and the catalyst for it being a meme is the fact that it is spread over hundreds of thousands of people. The content of the meme is usually tweaked along the way as well, so even the template content is almost never created by one person.

While I think you may be right in a sense that a meme is never created by a single person, there was almost always a single person behind the original seed of an idea or humorous fail that was turned into a meme by some Internet community.

Ogreenworld wrote:

why does no one tell me about these dinosaur threads
I must be informed

You didn't get the memo that was sent out? Sorry about that. Here is your invite to the dinosaur thread.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!