Forums / Discussion / General

232,786 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Friday is no longer on YouTube

Last posted Jun 19, 2011 at 03:02PM EDT. Added Jun 17, 2011 at 06:34PM EDT
32 posts from 20 users

The video for Rebecca Black's terrible song "Friday" was taken off YouTube today "due to a copyright claim by Rebecca Black." We gotta get down on this.

Piano wrote:

WAIT WHAT COMES AFTER TUESDAY? WHAT COMES AFTER TUESDAAAAAAYYYYYYY!?!!!!?!

Obviously what comes after Tuesday is Ẁ̧͙̬̱̠̯̫̲͓͇͒ͫ̅ͦͯͧ͂̾ͥ̋̎ͩ͛ͣ̃͒ͪͦ͟͢͞e̴̸̸̡͙̳̮̮̥̠͚̝ͫ͒̊͊̍ͦͮͬͭͩ̿̏ͨ͊ͮ̀̚̚d̴̨͚̗͖̭̞͓̰͎̥ͧ̆͋ͤ͒͜͜͞n̵̶̵̢̘̙̙̘̭͇͚̮͙͕̰͎͓̗͇̝̭͚̔͑͋͋̅̂̀͂̍̄̀͗̿ͭ̀̇̚̚ę̨ͯ̏̒̾̊ͯ̍͆ͩͩ̚͏̰̳̻̞͖͈͍̳̖̣̠ͅͅş͇̫̦̘̯͚͇̫͂̂̔̅̌͋̿̔̆͐̍ͥ͛̔̀̚̚͜d͆ͦ̌̋ͫ́͒ͥ̀ͤ̓ͬ͐̍̐̎͞͏̴̡̲̞̺a̵̴̲͓̞̗͕̪̫̯͙͚͒̉́ͫͪ̐̇͊͊́̎ͣ̀̔̇͒̂̔͜͠ͅͅy̡̧̘̫̮͙̖͍̥̜̓̏ͤ̏͐ͯ̌̅̋͛̍͌͋̒͜.

My point in making this forum is because Friday, whether or not you think it's the greatest thing ever or completely hate it, is one of the biggest memes of the year. One could say MLP is bigger, but I would say Friday because it managed to make it into the mainstream zeitgeist.
Bottom Line: Now that it's gone, a significant part of internet culture has gone with it.

Fridge wrote:

My point in making this forum is because Friday, whether or not you think it's the greatest thing ever or completely hate it, is one of the biggest memes of the year. One could say MLP is bigger, but I would say Friday because it managed to make it into the mainstream zeitgeist.
Bottom Line: Now that it's gone, a significant part of internet culture has gone with it.

The original video has been taken down, but all of the cultural impact is still there. Everything else about Friday and made from Friday still exists. And there are plenty of copies of the original elsewhere. There's hardly been any cultural loss.

Also, MLP went from mainstream to Internet, Friday did the reverse. Both are huge, but just work differently.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

The original video has been taken down, but all of the cultural impact is still there. Everything else about Friday and made from Friday still exists. And there are plenty of copies of the original elsewhere. There's hardly been any cultural loss.

Also, MLP went from mainstream to Internet, Friday did the reverse. Both are huge, but just work differently.

Alright, then I shall issue a challenge:
Whoever can find another copy of Friday and post it on this thread wins the internet.

I find it stupid how shortly after the video was taken down to watch the video you had to pay $2.99 on Youtube Rentals. Seriously? I could spend $2.99 for much more important things. Like Diet Coke and Mentos.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

>Not scrolling over links to see what it directs to before clicking it

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Meh, we all fall for it the first time.

Fridge wrote:

The video for Rebecca Black's terrible song "Friday" was taken off YouTube today "due to a copyright claim by Rebecca Black." We gotta get down on this.

I can infer that that little whiny girl Rebecca now thinks her video is just too good to let other people watch it for free. Maybe she thinks she is entitled to win one (IRL) dollar for each view of her "video".

I'll just leave truly good oldies here:

I don't think she is that full of herself, Hiroman, I think that she just wants to get rid of the video, thinking that all the hate will go with it.

What information will soon be hacked from Rebecca Black, in order:

Her:

Facebook.

Myspace.

Email.

Phone number.

Address.

Family's names.

School.

Everywhere else she goes.

Mailing number.

Type of computer.

Type of modem.

And all the other stuff people take from internet stars.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!