Forums / Discussion / General

232,813 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Tristan's Speech

Last posted Jun 21, 2011 at 09:30PM EDT. Added Jun 18, 2011 at 09:15PM EDT
55 posts from 22 users

Hello, KYM!
It is I, Tristan. Who hides in retirement, sips tea and eats carrot cake in New York. And, in turn, who has come back, if only for a moment. See, I've heard some very disturbing stuff in my time. I've seen it too. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. And I don't mind. Would you like to know why, KYM? Because that is the future, and I am not here for the future. I am here to speak of the present. Of the trolls, and ones named Tommy. The one's we've seen before, countless times. See, I'm not here for pointless mud-slinging. I'm here to preach to you. See, there have always been trolls. Remember desudesu4lyfe? Probably not, that was long ago. Remember Mr. Tommy M.? That was even longer ago. Scott Evenson? Epicwin? Dr. Rice? Maybe.
Sniff
Maybe.
There've been countless people here to attack us, besmirch us, try to take us down. But it's never worked. Because we are KYM. And, we forgive those who deserve it, and don't need to remember.
So, now that I've made an effort to induce patriotism, I'll talk to the aformentioned Trollingston, in the hopes that he's reading this.
Hello, Mimsy! Who comes back from the dead as a mod! Now, the question for the hour is, "Who's this new guy?" Answer: Mims. Next question: "Who's going to help push him away?"
Come on, look at me! No plan, little backup, no real logic, oh, and something else: I don't have anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little hidey hole with all your silly little changed names, and you've got any plans on brainwashing the tiny, delicious people of KYM tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped trolls like you, and then, and then, do the smart thing!
Let someone else try first.
Because, in short, nobody wants you here.
Go away.

Katie C. wrote:

We're talking about Tommy Mims, aka fuckyeahalberquerque, who is now a mod.
His first account got a bunch of people banned.

oh. So you don't think he is worthy to be a Mod?

Derpy Vaz wrote:

oh. So you don't think he is worthy to be a Mod?

Look at the amount of posts he's made in Image Cleaning.
He's not fit to be an image mod just on that, but the people who are fit don't get it.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

Woah. Paranoid much? Fuckyeahalbuquerque happens to have a decent following on Tumblr and creates some hilarious ORIGINAL CONTENT.

What makes you think that Fuckyeahalbuquerque is troll?

Omg, did you not see that he got several people banned? Of course they came back and are respectable members. But, 5 or so people got banned that day.

Look, you're a newfag. And when you're a newfag you don't attempt to try to tell the ancientfags what is true and what isn't about their own website. Were you there that Sunday in 2009? No, you weren't.

Piano wrote:

Can someone please tell me what happened, or direct me to the thread, and tell me who got banned, and why?

I got banned.
3 times in that one day actually.
And yet, I am still here
Wow I'm magical

Piano wrote:

Can someone please tell me what happened, or direct me to the thread, and tell me who got banned, and why?

Threads got deleted. He posted a shitload of spam, then flamed a whole bunch of people, and some oldfags got banned. Well, they weren't oldfags back then.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

How do you know FYA is Tommy Mims?

Because of a post that me and Watcher made on his wall after he made his second account, besides, Tommy Mims can't be found on search, so he obviously changed his name.

Also, I shouldn't have to say this again, but stop acting like a pretentious ass.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

What's pretentious about asking questions?

It's not what you're asking. It's how you're asking it. You're trying to make yourself look better than others who have been here longer. I know I'm wasting my time, but seriously dude. Grow up. Don't act like you're better than another user. You try to make every other user who disagrees with you seem like an asshole by acting all innocent. I saw what you have in your bio. Everything you put on there by other people should have been said. They aren't haters. You're just an asshole. It isn't rocket science.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Yes I agree, I am an asshole.

But if Fuckyeahalbuquerque really is Tommy Mims then I'm impressed how far he's come since he first showed up. Also, this is an alt account and I've been here longer than you think.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

Yes I agree, I am an asshole.

But if Fuckyeahalbuquerque really is Tommy Mims then I'm impressed how far he's come since he first showed up. Also, this is an alt account and I've been here longer than you think.

"how far he’s come"

The astonishingly high contribution numbers really show that. You know, the 0 images he's helped to remove.

Alt account, huh?

Who do you think you are, Chris Menning? You probably got banned or something.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

All right, I'll chill out. In order to screen new mods I thought some trolling was in order, to see who could keep their cool and how they'd handle themselves when confronted. Sorry if I've left any egos bruised.

So you're apologizing to yourself for putting yourself in a situation where you could hurt your own inflated ego?

Nobody here gets to play chessmaster, let alone a newfag. Go ban yourself or something.

1) Wtf, guys? Garlic is just asking some serious questions. No need to rape him about it. I'm seriously disappointed in the way everybody's been reacting to his posts.

2) I have no way of knowing FYA is this troll you speak of from so long ago.

3) This is what Chris Menning tells me happened:

Here's some background. About two years ago a user named Tommy Mims signed up for the site. When he was a kid, Kenyatta taught him in an after school program. So he signed up for the site to see what Kenyatta was up to nowadays. A few users basically lashed out at him for coming across as arrogant.

Which further disappoints me.

Supposing that they are the same person, then FYA has clearly learned his lesson about not pissing you guys off. He hasn't done anything to make us worry about his use of image moderation powers.

Finally, if this person were to suddenly fly off the handle and be the worst thing that ever happened to the site, we would remove their powers and ban them.

I understand that not everybody is always going to get along. That's fine. However, it sometimes seems like when a new user joins the site and does anything that is contrary to some people's opinions or sensibilities, they get harassed into oblivion. I like to stay hands-off in almost all of these situations unless there's a serious case of abuse. But it's getting ridiculous. Please, can we all just assume positive intent and be patient with others?

Olivia Gulin wrote:

1) Wtf, guys? Garlic is just asking some serious questions. No need to rape him about it. I'm seriously disappointed in the way everybody's been reacting to his posts.

2) I have no way of knowing FYA is this troll you speak of from so long ago.

3) This is what Chris Menning tells me happened:

Here's some background. About two years ago a user named Tommy Mims signed up for the site. When he was a kid, Kenyatta taught him in an after school program. So he signed up for the site to see what Kenyatta was up to nowadays. A few users basically lashed out at him for coming across as arrogant.

Which further disappoints me.

Supposing that they are the same person, then FYA has clearly learned his lesson about not pissing you guys off. He hasn't done anything to make us worry about his use of image moderation powers.

Finally, if this person were to suddenly fly off the handle and be the worst thing that ever happened to the site, we would remove their powers and ban them.

I understand that not everybody is always going to get along. That's fine. However, it sometimes seems like when a new user joins the site and does anything that is contrary to some people's opinions or sensibilities, they get harassed into oblivion. I like to stay hands-off in almost all of these situations unless there's a serious case of abuse. But it's getting ridiculous. Please, can we all just assume positive intent and be patient with others?

Garlic Mcnabb disagreed with the rest of the herd, so he is automatically wrong.

/End sarcasm

Actually Olivia he isn't new. His account has been here over a year, and he said that it isn't even his main account.

If you also read some of other posts from other threads, he ignores what other people said completely, changes what they said, and tries to make himself look right.

All right, I’ll chill out. In order to screen new mods I thought some trolling was in order, to see who could keep their cool and how they’d handle themselves when confronted.

But since you want people to relax, fine. I will. I just can't stand that attitude of his. Sorry.

In case it wasn't made clear, "image moderation" is techinically an editorial task (though not related to one's taste). The decision to level up FYA for image mod was primarily based on our evaluation of his KYM contributions as well as curated materials on his personal blog, rather than based on his presence in the forums

While it's understandable this may upset other users who've been doing an ace job at reporting images, his role will be equally limited if the vocal part of KYM community cannot deal with his existence. So I ask you to be calm, leave all preconceived impressions behind and give him an actual chance. Who knows, this might be a good opportunity to get to know FYA better and visa versa.

WALKS IN SEE THIS.

@Garlic, as much as you do provide some interesting thoughts, I have also sensed a condescending tone in some of the posts and comments, as other users have noted. Please tone it down for the sake of everything.

Serious Ness wrote:

WALKS IN SEE THIS.

@Garlic, as much as you do provide some interesting thoughts, I have also sensed a condescending tone in some of the posts and comments, as other users have noted. Please tone it down for the sake of everything.

^He are Serious Cat, this is serious thread, and what he says goes, unless it's completely ridiculous.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!