Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Your favorite movies

Last posted Jun 23, 2011 at 05:55PM EDT. Added Jun 22, 2011 at 11:53AM EDT
42 posts from 29 users

1. Inception- The movie form of a mind-expanding drug
2. Avatar- Best visual effects and use of 3d EVER.
3. Mr. Popper's Penguins: Just saw this yesterday. Funny and packed with plenty of D'AWWWWW :3 moments.
4. Jumpin' Jack Flash: You know it's funny when this happens:

5. Grown-Ups: Oh, my god, this is one of the funniest movies ever!
6.Death At A Funeral: My first R-rated movie. I was laughing so hard i felt like i was gonna bust a gut.

1. if red vs blue counts then that's my first
2. inception
3. shutter island
4. zombieland
5. the gears movie (i know its in production and not even released any trailers yet but it will probably be moved up to my second or first
6. gran tarino
7. donnie darko
8. resident evil 1 (i love how much of a comedy it is)

In no particular order
1. Accepted
2. Inception
3. Law Abiding Citizen (The ending was a bit off)
4. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
I know I'm forgetting a ton of movies, but trying to remember would take forever.

1. Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
2. Three Star Trek movies: Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home and the newest one.
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
5. Inception
6. The Social Network
7. Planet of the Apes (original)
8. Blazing Saddles
9. Dog Day Afternoon
10. Iron Man
There are a few others, but these are the ones that stand out.

Last edited Jun 22, 2011 at 02:19PM EDT

Dawn of the Dead – (both versions)

Dead Snow – (lolololool)

Spirited Away – (Otaku, reporting out)

Dead Leaves – (because I can)

The Aristocrats (trollface.jpeg for those who haven't heard of the joke)

V for Vendetta – (no comments)

Busty Asian Beauties – (Supernatural anybody?)

Silence of the Lambs – (I'll admit, the part you needed to watch was the end + the lotion in the basket)

Hobo with a Shotgun – (The title alone… just… I don't even…)

Unbreakable – (probably the only good movie that M Night Shyamalan made)

The Rebel – (Because the French are idiots)

The Mist – (Excellent rendition of society breaking down)

Aladdin – (The one with Gottfried as Iago. I miss that fucking Genie.)

Alpha Dog – (Olivia Wilde :F and Weed)

I can't remember the rest.

Last edited Jun 22, 2011 at 02:21PM EDT

Comedy
Airplane!
Clue
Hot Shots
The Naked Gun

Drama
Slumdog Millionaire

Dramady
Forrest Gump
The Terminal

Sci-Fi
Star Wars (Episode IV only)
Back to the Future

Romantic Comedy
13 Going on 30
Just Like Heaven

Action
Goldfinger
Dr. No

Last edited Jun 22, 2011 at 03:14PM EDT

musical:little shop of horrors/the sound of music
comedy: airplane/the big lebowski/Fight club/pulp fiction
action:Commando/The Bourne trilogy/Inception/The dark knight/kick ass
adventure:time bandits/potc/indiana jones/the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
romantic:eternal sunshine of the spotless mind/groundhog day/benjamin button/edward scissorhands
trilogy:lotr
foreign: Amores Perros/welcome to dongmakgol/the chorus/amelie
thriller:oldboy/the departed/sexy beast
short:the man who planted trees/Wallace and Gromit/Harvie Krumpet
favourite:finding nemo
aaaaand anything by disney,terry gillian,chris nolan and studio ghibli

(positives are not in any particular order)
5. grown ups
4. back to the future
3.blacksheep
2. forrest gump
1.the freindship is magic movie has not been made yet
-1. battle L.A. (REALLY cliche and predictable)
-2. avatar (unnoriginal, WAY to overrated)
-3. street fighter the movie (self explanatory)
-4.waynes world 2 (again, self explanatory although i loved the first one)

1. School of Rock
2. Batman Begins
3. City of God
4. Pan's Labyrinth
5. Kill Bill (1 and 2)
6. Lord of the Rings trilogy
7. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
8. Pirates of the Caribbean
9. Dr. Strangelove
10. Inglourious Basterds

(in no particular order)

1.Lagaan
2.Miyazaki films(Nausicaa, Spirited Away, Mononoke)
3.Bruce Lee movies, Enter the Dragon, Fists of Fury, etc
4.The Princess Bride
etc. Tarantino Films(Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards), Martial arts films(Jackie Chan, Ip Man), Disney Movies, Blues Brothers, etc, etc…

ITT: post stuff that you like, only to discover that all the other people like completely different things.

Why did you post what u liek again?

Last edited Jun 22, 2011 at 06:10PM EDT

Ashley Rodriguez wrote:

in no order:
1.Forrest Gump
2. Rainman
3.Mosart and the Whale
4.Day after tomorrow
5.Twister
6.Earthquake in newyork
7.Catorgory 6
8.Brave little toaster
9.Titanic

>Brave Little Toaster

I cried when the flower scene.

Die Hard: The single greatest action movie, actually, fuck that, the single GREATEST movie ever made. Bruce Willis is a golden god.

Scott Pilgrim: Loved it.

Ghostbusters and Back to the Future: Brilliantly fun, absolutely hilarious and wonderfully creative, with some of the greatest casting ever. Bill Murray and Micheal J. Fox provide their definitve performances, and helped create movies that still hold up today. More movies should be this inventive.

Wall-E: Pixar have far surpassed Disney as the greatest animation studio of all time, and for me this is their masterpiece. Esentially a Charlie Chaplin movie for the most part, told almost entirely with movement and sound effects. Beautiful, wonderful, with an amazing score and visuals and oh god, I love it so. A real tear jerker.

Con-Air: Pure art in a cinematic format. Nicolas Cage far surpasses Marlon Brando in terms of acting ability in this masterpiece, giving off a performance which has you crying buckets of tears. Why couldn't he have put the bunny back in the box? WHY?

1. Scott pilgrim (For obvious reasons)
2. Inception (For obvious reasons)
3. Rent (One of the only two musicals i've ever enjoyed.)
4. The hangover (Hilarious and random)
5. Simon birch (Saddest movie i've ever seen.)
6. Iron man (One of the best super heroes, all we need now is a deadpool movie.)
7. Bug (Lots of people didn't like it but I loved it.)
8. Step brothers (Story of my life)
9. Finding nemo (One of the only fish movies I liked)
10. Mulan (Women's rights?)

The Oceans Movies, Inception, The Illusionist, Transformers (The first one), Gone in 60 Seconds, The Truman Show, Ace Ventura, Forrest Gump, 88 Minutes, IRobot, The National Treasure Movies, Valkyrie. Tombstone, The Prestige, And tons more.

God, why do people keep mentioning Inception?

Just so you guys know (if you don't know already) I will never watch that movie simply because I hate Leonard DiCaprio. He's a Scorsese Protege, and Scorsese is one of the few people that I hate in the world. Had the movie not have Leo in it, I probably would've watched it.

Adam DeLand wrote:

Just so you guys know (if you don't know already) I will never watch that movie simply because I hate Leonard DiCaprio. He's a Scorsese Protege, and Scorsese is one of the few people that I hate in the world. Had the movie not have Leo in it, I probably would've watched it.

I hate him too, but I still watched the movie and it is still one of the greatest movies of all time.

Porbably not the best idea to complain about a movie which is on nearly everyone's list for a very silly reason.

BTW, I didn't like Leo, but that movie changed my opinion severely. He fucking rocked that shit.

Oh, and In Bruges and Raiders of the Lost Ark are also AMAZING.

(And The Wicker Man of course.)

Adam DeLand wrote:

I know this will sound weird, but I make it a point to never learn anything about actors so I can fairly judge a movie and not think "Oh this movie's awesome/terrible just because it has this guy in it!"

My personal favorite movies are Spirited Away (I guess it's the Japanese in me), The Dark Knight, the Star Wars trilogy, Inception, Indiana Jones 1&3 (WTF was with the UFO in 4??!!?) That's all I can think of right now.
And @ the guy who liked The Human Centipede: That movie was plain terrible. Bad pacing, characters, acting, and plot. The movie tried so hard to be offensive and disturbing that it ends up being campy. The only reason people "liked" it was because it was a trendy thing to like.
Still, nothing could be worse than this:

Last edited Jun 23, 2011 at 12:53AM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

Seriously bro, give it up. If you're going to keep insisting on not seeing an excellent movie just because you're not fond of one of the main cast members, then at least stop posting it on the forum.

I like you Adam, but whenever you post a nonsensical tirade against DiCaprio, I think, Sheesh, you're being a real d-bag. Look, I hate Andie McDowell, but Four Weddings and a Funeral and Groundhog Day were both terrific movies nonetheless. I really wish I could think of a kinder way to say it, but I suggest you open your mind or shut your mouth.

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Porbably not the best idea to complain about a movie which is on nearly everyone's list for a very silly reason.

BTW, I didn't like Leo, but that movie changed my opinion severely. He fucking rocked that shit.

Oh, and In Bruges and Raiders of the Lost Ark are also AMAZING.

(And The Wicker Man of course.)

NOT THE BEES!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!