Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

New Rule for All the Internets

Last posted Jul 24, 2011 at 07:17PM EDT. Added Jul 22, 2011 at 07:49PM EDT
26 posts from 15 users

My friend on Facebook: "thts a grt pic"

I agree. It's my pet peeve, but having a poker face is one of the things I do best, so shit.
I only use meme language, because they are unavoidable("Y U NO" guy for example). All contradictions can now end.

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 10:01PM EDT

ConstantiNe wrote:

My friend on Facebook: "thts a grt pic"

I agree. It's my pet peeve, but having a poker face is one of the things I do best, so shit.
I only use meme language, because they are unavoidable("Y U NO" guy for example). All contradictions can now end.

Contradictions you say?

I didn't do it. I found it on Cheezburger; they have a censorship policy, and I guess the original image was too explicit. This is probably all too apparent.

I have a similar annoyance as a grammar Nazi that comes from a friend of mine. The guy is actually a college graduate (only an AA, but in Journalism, so REALLY?) and has used a computer as long as I have, and he sends me emails that look like this:

hey how is it goign i just wanted to tell you that i went and saw the new harry potter movie its really good have you seen it yet i wanted to get youre opinion because you know alot about movies and stuff im still thinking about visiting you later this year but i have to save up a little more vacation time ill let you know bye

The other day, after years of this, I finally blew up at him and said (in chat) to him, "Look, your keyboard has these keys, right?"
[photo:152749]
"Can you frickin' use them some time?"

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

lol y u mad?
ru gonna kill evry prsn dat use bad splng?
i have full kybrd
u mad?

Slaps this dude
Heil Grammar Nazis.

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

lol y u mad?
ru gonna kill evry prsn dat use bad splng?
i have full kybrd
u mad?

Separating your sentences with a carriage return, eh? Far too readable.

(Edit to add:) Did I just type "carriage return"? How old am I, nearly 40? Yes folks, when I was a kid, I had one of these doohickeys:

Last edited Jul 24, 2011 at 02:42AM EDT

All the outrage in this thread is confusing.

First of all, I'm sure no one that works at Cheezburger is responsible for uploading the image. Likely, it was a memebase user, just like how everyone here is re-uploading found images.

Second of all, Cheezburger didn't censor Russian Fedora. He self-censored when questioning the censorship of the image. I think he was making a joke.

Third, there are images with swear words all over Cheezburger, especially memebaseafterdark.com. I'm willing to bet that the person who uploaded the image censored it themselves.

Also, the original unedited version is here: http://garymotherfuckingoak.tumblr.com/post/818290962/because-im-sick-of-your-shit-today-i-started

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!