Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Happy 9/11! (Not for the easily offended)

Last posted Sep 14, 2011 at 01:57AM EDT. Added Sep 11, 2011 at 03:16AM EDT
49 posts from 24 users

[Edit by forum moderator Brucker: This thread has some humor related to 9/11 that some people may not feel to be in good taste. If this is likely to offend you, please just don't read the thread. If you want a serious discussion of September 11, start one or see if someone else has started one in the General Forum.)

I'm gonna get drunk, and party all night long to honor those courageous people who died to stop Iraq and ensure freedom!

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 07:30PM EDT

I'm didn't want to say anything, but this is just wildly insensitive. I completely agree with Kalmo, and I'd like this thread to be locked.

Fridge wrote:

I'm didn't want to say anything, but this is just wildly insensitive. I completely agree with Kalmo, and I'd like this thread to be locked.

I just look at it as blind patriotism, and an excuse for war. Its misuse of the dead to continue on killing. 9/11 should have been a peace effort around the world to unite the it against terrorism, but it sickens me what has happened, and its far from over.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 01:40PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I just look at it as blind patriotism, and an excuse for war. Its misuse of the dead to continue on killing. 9/11 should have been a peace effort around the world to unite the it against terrorism, but it sickens me what has happened, and its far from over.

I concur. Instead of becoming a single incident, it has become a justification for racial profiling and invasions of foreign lands, among many other atrocities. The tone of your original post, however, does not suggest this view, and although it is clearly satirical, it is in bad taste considering the day. All I'm saying is have a little discretion, eh?

Fridge wrote:

I concur. Instead of becoming a single incident, it has become a justification for racial profiling and invasions of foreign lands, among many other atrocities. The tone of your original post, however, does not suggest this view, and although it is clearly satirical, it is in bad taste considering the day. All I'm saying is have a little discretion, eh?

Agree, agree, agree. Agree times a thousand.

Fridge wrote:

I'm just saying what I feel is happening. The post is satire, but I'd say the original post was not far off from the actually reality. I don't agree with being discrete about my thoughts at all.

I also dislike how the firefighters who have risk and died to save people from the Twin Towers are dying of cancer, and no one helps them at all. People are still saying how great the firefighters were while they die.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 03:55PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I'm just saying what I feel is happening. The post is satire, but I'd say the original post was not far off from the actually reality. I don't agree with being discrete about my thoughts at all.

I also dislike how the firefighters who have risk and died to save people from the Twin Towers are dying of cancer, and no one helps them at all. People are still saying how great the firefighters were while they die.

Don't even get me started on the First Responders. Ten have already died of illnesses related to work done at Ground Zero, and yet the politicians still fail to acknowledge that they should be given the care they need. It's the same thing for veterans, but that's been going on since we left Vietnam. Apparently legislation (the Dod-Frank act, I think it's called) was passed last year to help them, but the writing in the bill was self-canceling, so nothing has changed and the First Responders are still suffering. It's absurd and criminal.

Maybe if Congress stopped bickering about how much money they don't want to lose and focused on this issue, things would get better. Probably not, though; seems like ever since 9/11, things have gotten so much worse.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 04:38PM EDT

I admit, I made this thread in an immature fashion, but 9/11 did happen, and its over with. People need to focus on the bigger problems like how the government is mistreating veterans, firefighters, cops, and paramedics who gave their life's in 9/11 serving America. I may be an insensitive douche bag right now, but thousands of people are still getting hurt, dying, and abandoned entirely. To make matters worse the the war veterans are protesting the wars themselves, the Iraq Veterans against the war are getting entirely ignored by politicians, which is utterly appalling.

We should stop feeling so damn sensitive about problems, and start fixing them.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 05:11PM EDT

Dinner wrote:

I find it disgusting that a group of radical Islamists protested today in London against USA, during the remembrance ceremony, but not surprising.

That reminds me, whats the Westboro church doing today?

Maybe there ought to be a serious 9/11 thread, and this one should be moved to JFF with the disclaimer that if you find making jokes about the topic offensive, you shouldn't read the thread? I think I'm going to do that, because while I understand people get offended by 9/11 humor, it also serves as a useful outlet of our emotions to be able to laugh about it.

Sweatie, to protest on a day of mourning is in incredibly bad taste. How is this much different from westboro church protesting the war at soldiers funerals? If you dislike the deaths of thousands being hijacked for political purposes then why on the very day to remember and grieve their deaths are you taking cheap political shots? Seriously, this is low.

ChipBeat wrote:

Sweatie, to protest on a day of mourning is in incredibly bad taste. How is this much different from westboro church protesting the war at soldiers funerals? If you dislike the deaths of thousands being hijacked for political purposes then why on the very day to remember and grieve their deaths are you taking cheap political shots? Seriously, this is low.

I always take shots at the war, this is just a day that is a strong symbolism of it.

To share your thoughts on everything today almost seems appropriate. It's completely true that first responders are getting snubbed, and the terror attacks are like war fuel… But that seems a little apropos of 9/11 jokes, yeah?

I feel like we could've had a discussion about 9/11, and the first responders' treatment by politicians and the like, without Nyan Cat going through the North Tower. That seems less like satire, and more like douchebaggery, given the date :/

let's refer to the comedy chart, just to be safe:

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 08:26PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I always take shots at the war, this is just a day that is a strong symbolism of it.

Take shots at war? "I’m gonna get drunk, and party all night long to honor those courageous people who died to stop Iraq and ensure freedom!" is a disgusting satire of the people who are mourning their loved ones. There are no celebrations in my town, just memorials for the people we lost during the attacks, passengers and firemen. You didn't attack war, call it unjust, you just made an idiotic anti-American topic on the day that it would hurt the most.

ChipBeat wrote:

Take shots at war? "I’m gonna get drunk, and party all night long to honor those courageous people who died to stop Iraq and ensure freedom!" is a disgusting satire of the people who are mourning their loved ones. There are no celebrations in my town, just memorials for the people we lost during the attacks, passengers and firemen. You didn't attack war, call it unjust, you just made an idiotic anti-American topic on the day that it would hurt the most.

The entire point of the post was to be ignorant, and sarcastic, so your pretty much right. Americans are dying pointlessly in wars caused by 9/11 so its pretty fucking flipping stupid at the same time, so I'm not sure if my sarcasm comes to close to reality, and no one gives a shit, but mourns these problems rather than actually preventing them.

I'm being serious, Nobody gives a shit about anything till its in the past.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 10:33PM EDT

These pictures are awesome.

And yes, the thread is fine. There are two warnings about sensitive people reading, so any anger or sadness is self-inflicted.

Question: If the dead are dead, and they are in better place, then WHY are we sad? Why do we mourn? It's part of life, be it natural or forced.

Cale wrote:

These pictures are awesome.

And yes, the thread is fine. There are two warnings about sensitive people reading, so any anger or sadness is self-inflicted.

Question: If the dead are dead, and they are in better place, then WHY are we sad? Why do we mourn? It's part of life, be it natural or forced.

Because Heaven is boring, lets faces it, being unable to sin for an eternity would suck.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 11:01PM EDT

you see nothing wrong with using the anniversary of the deaths of thousands of Americans to depict them as rednecks, being ignorant, and not caring about preventing deaths. You can literally create an anti-american topic any day of the year to post pics and vids of stupid americans, uber rednecks, or create a topic against the war, but deciding to mock and ridicule people on 9/11, calling them ignorant and claiming they don't care about others dying is messed up.

ChipBeat wrote:

you see nothing wrong with using the anniversary of the deaths of thousands of Americans to depict them as rednecks, being ignorant, and not caring about preventing deaths. You can literally create an anti-american topic any day of the year to post pics and vids of stupid americans, uber rednecks, or create a topic against the war, but deciding to mock and ridicule people on 9/11, calling them ignorant and claiming they don't care about others dying is messed up.

Were still in a war, they obviously don't care enough to stop the war at least, and more deaths.

Last edited Sep 11, 2011 at 11:26PM EDT

Today I just chilled, and had a plane old day. Nothing got blown out of proportions around me. I celebrated earlier by watching Anime, a very American pastime. Someone did tell me quite a delightful joke this evening.

What did Osama Bin Laden cook on Iron Chef?
Big Apple Crumble.

The news cascaded today on every channel so I decided no to crash into it.
I recently bought a new flight simulator game as well. Overall I would give it a 9/11.

That's all from me. Please don't kill me for this post :/

I will clear up what I'm saying. Being easily offended by harmless 9/11 jokes is wrong, being offensive by making political attacks on 9/11 is also wrong. A "Let's make a topic to laugh away the events of 9/11" would be a good topic, making a topic on 9/11 proclaiming that people mourning those who died don't have empathy for foreign causalities, and telling Americans that they don't care about the people they are killing is a tasteless way to soapbox your opinions.
I suppose I will just drop this though, whatever, it's not worth arguing…

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 12:34AM EDT

ChipBeat wrote:

I will clear up what I'm saying. Being easily offended by harmless 9/11 jokes is wrong, being offensive by making political attacks on 9/11 is also wrong. A "Let's make a topic to laugh away the events of 9/11" would be a good topic, making a topic on 9/11 proclaiming that people mourning those who died don't have empathy for foreign causalities, and telling Americans that they don't care about the people they are killing is a tasteless way to soapbox your opinions.
I suppose I will just drop this though, whatever, it's not worth arguing…

"I suppose I will just drop this though, whatever, it’s not worth arguing…"

After Arguing out everything of course.

To be honest I was sick of trolling you after awhile, I'm serious, stop being so damn easy to troll, now that I've broken a rule of trolling I should slap myself, but god this is just awful.

Anyways why do I have positive krama for this thread, do people like blindly follow my bullshit or something too?

Last edited Sep 12, 2011 at 03:35AM EDT

@Sweatie:
Because, like I said, there is a societal need for this exact sort of "trolling" despite the fact that many people will find it offensive. I remember shortly after the tragedy of 9/11, this was very popular:

@ChipBeat:
Yeah, a lot of the stuff posted in the thread is "messed up", but there isn't much of anything that's more messed up than what happened on 9/11. That's why a lot of people need to laugh at tragedy in order to cope with it. You don't have to join in.

For those who are looking for humor concerning 9/11, I suggest The Onion, which had excellent coverage of the events as they unfolded ten tears ago.

I was in kindergarten when it happened. I was thinking "What the fuck?" (or at least, the kindergartener's equivalent of "WTF"), wondering why someone would want to crash a plane in the name of God/Allah/Whatever your religion calls him. THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THAT GOD FROWNS UPON, BRO!

On another note, I always thought it was a unsettling coincidence that removing the forward slash in 9/11 made 911.

Did you know the fact that only 1 day after 9/11, the Mexicans already were making jokes about it? here are some examples (not for the easilly offended):

Why gringos can´t play chess anymore? because they have no towers…
Which is United Airlines´s new slogan? "We take you to your office"….
Which is the difference between the two WTC towers? Each one has the airport in a different floor…
Did you know that the second airplane was piloted by a mexican? Because it came late for 20 minutes…
Why WTC is like a lasagna? Because there are meat in between floors…

Lulzy or Infamous? What you think about it?

ThreeTheThird wrote:

Did you know the fact that only 1 day after 9/11, the Mexicans already were making jokes about it? here are some examples (not for the easilly offended):

Why gringos can´t play chess anymore? because they have no towers…
Which is United Airlines´s new slogan? "We take you to your office"….
Which is the difference between the two WTC towers? Each one has the airport in a different floor…
Did you know that the second airplane was piloted by a mexican? Because it came late for 20 minutes…
Why WTC is like a lasagna? Because there are meat in between floors…

Lulzy or Infamous? What you think about it?

I'll be honest here… both lulzy and infamous. No matter what happens, people always make jokes of tragedy, no matter what. I mean, take a look at WWII it was such a tragic and horrifying war, but there are still many jokes about it. And "inb4You'recomparing9/11toWWII", what i mean is, someone will always make comedy out of tragedy, no matter what, its always been like that.

But of course, jokes have their time and place, but in the day right after that tragedy? I must say it was a really awful thing, had it been i dont know, a week or a month after, i'd even understand. but doing that right in the day after? I disapprove of that. You know, you can't touch something that just came out of the oven, you will just burn yourself (metaphorically saying).

Did you know the Album "Silver side up" by nickel back came out 9/11/01?

Its a sign that they suck.

Last edited Sep 13, 2011 at 11:59PM EDT

@GeeseHoward
You're right, that sort of thing is standard fare for any tragedy, and if the tragedy doesn't touch you personally, then you'll be ready to laugh at it sooner. For someone who lost a loved one on 9/11/01, there may never come a time when they're ready for a 9/11 joke, but it doesn't surprise me that people outside of the U.S. were making jokes almost right away. Heck, I seem to recall there were places in the world that are antagonistic to us where people were dancing in the street at the news the same day.

That aside though, what is interesting for me is that having not had a TV for long stretches at various times in my life, sometimes the first I become aware of a tragedy is when someone tells me a joke about it. I specifically remember that happening to me with the death of Jerry Garcia.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!