Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Reading anything?

Last posted Sep 27, 2011 at 12:07PM EDT. Added Sep 26, 2011 at 05:14PM EDT
19 posts from 18 users

Currently I'm reading a song of ice and fire. I'm on this book right now.

Once I finish that I'm going to continue reading the Drizzit Do'Urden series, this one is up next.

butterin yobread wrote:

currently reading/studying this for english

and this

I read Life of Pi and did not like it at all after I read Max and the Cats by Moacyr Scliar, which was written about 10 years ago. Whereas Life of Pi places emphasis on the whole "tiger on boat" episode for some hundred pages, Max and the Cats is about the whole life of an individual, and the jaguar on the boat was one of the many episodes. Oh, and, spoiler alert, they end up very similarly.

Ironically, after reading that book, Life of Pi is not as "fresh, original, smart…" anymore. Maybe Yann Martel put quite a lot of Indian culture curiosities (and some gore) to make it with "absorbing lore", but that is about it.

Back to the discussion, I recently finished and enjoyed:

Last edited Sep 26, 2011 at 08:56PM EDT

Just finished this about 2 hours ago….now i don't know what to read:|(the town library is worthless so i have to rely on my bookcase filled with old romanian and french literature ,I don't mind it,but sometimes i want to read something else like something by Edgar Alan Poe or H.P. Lovercraft but i can't find a book in this town to save my life..)

Last edited Sep 27, 2011 at 01:35AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!