Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,710 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Meme Album Exchange Club Part Two

Last posted Oct 24, 2011 at 09:08PM EDT. Added Oct 19, 2011 at 07:49PM EDT
17 posts from 9 users

Based on the thread DrPepperfan made a few months ago, the Know Your Meme Album Exchange Club returns!

The Rules:

The rules of this thread go like this: Each round we’ll each recommend ONE album for the round, which will be assembelled into one list.

One album will be chosen at random every 2 days, and everyone particapating in the round will download and listen to it. From there we’ll discuss it and give our opinions of them, eventually moving onto the next album when the conversation has slowed down enough.

Please make sure you have a download of the album ready for when it’s chosen, although Youtube and Grooveshark playlists are acceptable as well.

So you guys ready?

My first suggestion is Graduation by Kanye West.

\

Current List

1. Graduation by Kanye West
2. Total Pwnage by Powerglove
3. You’re A Woman, I’m A Machine by Death From Above 1979
4. The King of Limbs by Radiohead
5. Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay
6. Ambivalence Avenue by Bibio
7. Music has the Right to Children by Boards of Canada
8. The Suburbs – Arcade Fire
9. Smile – Brian Wilson
10. Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds Five

We'll start the first round at 10 albums and stop taking submissions after 20ish, with a new submission allowed whenever another album is taken off

Last edited Oct 20, 2011 at 08:36PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Is this anything like Kid A at all?

I really liked the sort of electronic based album a ton.

It does have a very layered sound, not unlike Kid A. I thought the whole thing was absolutely beautiful when I first heard it, and anyone who enjoyed the band's earlier work will be pleasantly surprised at this one.

Anyone else want to toss on an album, or a second one for the people already playing?

Either way, the first album will be announced at about 7pm Central, tonight.

More people can join if they want their albums added, even after the first round.

Please send a link to a download, a youtube playlist, or whatever in the next few hours for your album.

Last edited Oct 20, 2011 at 05:20PM EDT

Well, I got it the day it came out, and I loved it. It was my first Radiohead album, actually. I think my favorite track was Bloom, and they did a rendition on the Colbert Report that was just awesome. I'll give it a 9.5/10.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!