Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Holiday Presents! What Do You Want?

Last posted Dec 30, 2011 at 01:41AM EST. Added Dec 01, 2011 at 01:07AM EST
47 posts from 29 users

Here's hoping this thread goes over better than my first one.

Anyway, I've enjoyed being active on the site for about…sevenish months now? And I've wanted to give back to you guys, but I didn't really know how. I don't like to take up editorship on articles unless I know I'm going to contribute, I don't frequent the images often, and my forum posts are meh, at best.

But I thought with this being the season of giving and what with the KYM Powers That Be showing their appreciation, I was thinking of what I could do to show my appreciation.

I thought about Patrick's thread from a while back, and figured an idea like that might be fun.

So Santa Verbose wants to get you presents! Of course, IRL stuff is expensive. But I figured that if you requested something, then I could post a few related images on your wall. And if other people joined in, then people could have a bunch of images of their favorite stuff on their wall by the time December is over. You may have already seen all of the images of your favorite memes and stuff, but we may surprise each other. And I think it'd be nice to take time to acknowledge people, even if all of the images are old.

So what do you guys want?

just a guy on the internet >83

Not shocked by this. Oh, I should add that I intend on going and finding these closer to Christmas (because that's the holiday I celebrate.) It'll also give me a few days with no school obligations to find your presents. That way, it'll be like having a bunch of presents under the tree as opposed to having just one or two every other day.

notsocoolguy

Right. Skyram. I can find plenty of those.

Nikolaki8

I've noticed you. I'm not the most outgoing user here though. But posts you will get.

inb4 rapturjesus gets coal.

I'd like to get my hands on the new Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Also, if you're going to post pics on my wall, some good images of Kei Nagase from Ace Combat 5 would be nice.

(For the record, I'm talking specifically her AC05 incarnation. Since 5 was my first AC, I see her as the one true Kei Nagase. Despite the fact that versions of her have appeared as far back as AC02, and as recently as Assault Horizon. Still, only AC05. Fan art is acceptable, if that's all you can find.)

EDIT: Also, someone to play games with online who I can do so with regularly. I'm an adrenalin junkie type, love the speed and the thrills. Combat games(mech combat, tactical infantry combat, aerial combat, etc. etc.), driving games(preferably off road, but I'm will to race on tarmac as long as the routes aren't restrictive), sandbox games(especially explosive ones like Mercenaries), etc. etc.

EDIT2: Also, Joe Satriani CDs. Must.. have… more… ROCK!!!

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 01:45AM EST

Hey Verbose, can I have some Touhou x Anything crossovers? Thanks.

What I shall be giveing everyone on KYM for Christmas: Along with a KYM RPG demo, I am createing a Hand Drawn KYM Family Photo (don't ask to be in it, I have already decided everyone), and that damn Nulzlocke Page I have been meaning to finish!

1337 #4×0r

…Annnd noted. I know very little of that game franchise, but that link will get me started. And it'll be a good way to get me to know one more video game. I know a few ones really well, but I know nothing of even more popular games.

I'm still not really sure what this Skyram is about or why herding them by yelling at dragons became all of the rage so quickly.

Sweatie

lolwut. (I'll see what I can do.)

Natsuru Springfield

Sure can. I've only got a loose grasp of Touhou even after reading the KYM entry, but if I don't know what it is by the time I'm done with this project, then it's because I gave a sorry effort. And I intend on putting a good bit of effort into this.

There isn't a lack of media out there. I know that much. So once I've got it, it should be fairly simple.

And I should hope no one will complain about a hand-drawn family portrait. Just figuring out who to tag and tagging one was hard enough for me.

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 01:57AM EST

Verbose, I couldn't tell you the first thing about Skyrim. All I can tell you about Elder Scrolls is that I'm not even remotely interested.

However, I can tell you quite a bit about GR, if you're interested. It is one of my favorite FPS franchises.

And as I edited in late there, please find some room for some Joe, please?

EDIT: Also, that "Stars" thread should be deleted. And I know a good bit about Ace Combat, though more from the wiki than personal experience. 5, 6 and AH are the only ones I've played that much.

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 02:02AM EST

1337 #4×0r

Yep. I don't expect this thread to get too big, so my plan is to get what people want down in the thread. When I have time to investigate a little more, I can go back, look at posts, and find something close to what users want.

Ergo, Joe Satriani has been noted.

Thank you. I'll keep my eyes peeled for images of the woman I consider to be cutest fighter pilot ever. Heh.

…uh, don't tell her I said that, okay?

A friend of mine is going to be doing IB next year, a really hard 2 years of learning and testing. I want my present to be for her to go well during this hard time, so maybe post motivational stuff to her wall? Thanks if you do!

I don't ask for anything this Christmas* but I do accept donations towards the loan I wanted to pay off :) Kidding of course.

In fact I'm kinda hoping I might have a chance to give something instead. Time will tell.

*Although… I have been wanting a Rainbow Dash T-shirt :B

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 08:41AM EST

Gimme krama!

No,seriously,just keep being so active ,I really enjoy reading your posts and I actually think that you're one of the most intelligent guys on KYM…Yeah,and that's it,no other special wishes…

BTW,I also thought about giving you guys a present,but since I have no special talents (can't sing,dance etc.),I don't have a single idea what I should do…Any suggestions?

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 09:30AM EST

Iambob

Interesting idea…

And not having anything to go on will be an interesting challenge. But I like having to know a user to understand what they might like.

Cyber6x

I can and will do that. You're a good friend. I like that in people.

Blue Screen (of death)

Well, I was hoping that people who saw this thread would get media for other users too. So if you're feeling generous and have time for that, then go ahead. That was my grand idea, but the smaller idea of just me getting stuff for people is fun too.

Random Man

I'm not sure if you can find one of those on the Internet. But I'll certainly try.

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit

I can work on that now, actually.

As for suggestions, Natsuru is doing a special family portrait. I think everyone appreciates being in one of those. I know I do. As for anything else, I think it's hard to show appreciation and love in an online expression. People generally do that in person, and I'm not sure if that translates as well to the 'Net. All I could suggest is asking people what they want or what they like.

Riyku Ku

Hmm. I'd have to imagine there's a lot of media out there for that too. Anything I could get you will likely only tease you about how much you'd like to have the game, but hopefully it'll help to hold you over until you can get your hands on it.

Adam DeLand

Got it. I just got a 3DS. Simply to replay a cleaner looking version of Ocarina of Time (along with the mp3 player and web browser) was enough to justify the purchase for me. As for the trenchcoat, I'll see what I can do.

Im fairly new here, and so far its been kinda bad.I came from FJ. Migrated, if you will. im a brony, and i couldnt deal with admins shitstorms (if youre a funnyjunky, you know what i mean) anymore. for some reason, people dont like me. period. i got to over -50 thunbs on fj, and then i left, and came here. its pretty much the same, exept for people here are more tolerant of furries and bronies. i am hated. i just want friendship, if not at least neutrality. that is all i ask. ive been on and off the threads, and people are great here. its honestly way better than fj. people here are genuinely funny, unlike fj, where everything is a big popularity contest. but please, i dont want to be hated here as much as fj. if i do something wrong, tell me, and i will fix it.

thank you.

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 02:08PM EST

bijutdo

I feel bad about calling you Bishoujo now. But I have some thoughts that might suffice as a present. I'll post those later in the month. Currently, I'll say to just lurk and watch, as you seem to have been doing recently.

If you post on the Pony General board more often, then you'll instantly get friends there. It's usually a never-ending love party there.

And usually if you contribute, put a little effort into your posts, and most importantly pay attention to the users posting, that should help you to make friends. As a bit of a new user myself, getting to know how other users are makes all of the difference in how you're perceived. And if no one ever said it, welcome to the site.

Moargun

You may wish to be more specific.

Ashbot

I know what I must do.

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 04:03PM EST

Patina wrote:

Im fairly new here, and so far its been kinda bad.I came from FJ. Migrated, if you will. im a brony, and i couldnt deal with admins shitstorms (if youre a funnyjunky, you know what i mean) anymore. for some reason, people dont like me. period. i got to over -50 thunbs on fj, and then i left, and came here. its pretty much the same, exept for people here are more tolerant of furries and bronies. i am hated. i just want friendship, if not at least neutrality. that is all i ask. ive been on and off the threads, and people are great here. its honestly way better than fj. people here are genuinely funny, unlike fj, where everything is a big popularity contest. but please, i dont want to be hated here as much as fj. if i do something wrong, tell me, and i will fix it.

thank you.

I'm really sorry. I just sorta immediately hated you because of the Ban the User Above You thread and just started to automatically thumb you down, without reading it. Might wanna change your name for a while, that's what Thomas Nair did, it worked for him.
Sorry!
Have a cookie and Up-Krama!

I think you already know who I want pics of, Verbose… But- I think I'd liek to mix it up and request some Mio crossovers… I never really looked for any, so that might please me great.

(she makes a damn good Haruko…)

EDIT:
Oh, and thanks for the shoutout, but this thread's not as selfish as mine haha

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 06:33PM EST

Fridge Logic

UGH XBOX UGH

I figure Master Chief will be involved, but I will work some voodoo, poke some pins here and there, and somehow whip yo a grilled cheese sandwich for your wall. If things go well, then it should taste like Windows.

Or shnozzberries. Apparently, they taste like each other.

ItizPWNED

On it. And if I have the money, and I've gotten the rest of my game-buying out of the way, then I may give it a shot.

I can do feel good. I used to find a lot of chill wallpapers to look at when I had massive papers to write. I can find some other nice things too.

Patrick

I will be looking forward to this most of all. I blame solely you for my like of Mio. I haven't even seen K-On!

And I try to give credit where credit is due. Heck, I asked for images on my birthday. Nothing wrong with being selfish here and there.

Ashbot

Is that before or after I secure the sailors? Oh, you won't know. Disregard any smudges.

Alex

On Blu-Ray? Probably not. But I'll try to find something quality to pump…

clap

…you up!

Boomer GRITTY REBOOT EDITION

I intimately know several in different areas of the US and overseas. Generally, I try to keep in touch with certain number of them in each area code to ensure proper "networking" opportunities. Occasionally, I can't always get with all of them, so I have to send less populated cities, states, provinces, and countries IOU's on Facebook. Whatever it is, they love me, and they just won't let me be. I could certainly afford to introduce you to some of these fine young women.

I think it's because they like my gangsta walk and/or talk. But then again, it may be my gangsta ways. Of course, it could be my handsome face.

Last edited Dec 01, 2011 at 07:24PM EST

I haven't forgotten, but I'm back home with my family, and the two machines here that let me post at all are my Wii and my 3DS. Neither lets me post embeds or links…

So I'm trying to fix an old computer here to let me get on KYM. But I have to wait to post…some of my more interesting links… once I get it going. It took me this long to find the password for the wireless.

Long story made short, I was thinking about you guys throughout Christmas yesterday, and felt awful that I couldn't follow through on time. I'm still coming though…

Possibly. Put very simply, I've been busy and/or unmotivated. But that's not an excuse considering I said I'd do it before now.

A few other users have gotten theirs (including yours, Thomas.) But I'll work to get it done tonight and tomorrow.

Iamslow just got coal (and a krama) but coal. Let that be a reminder to you all to not rush me. I rush myself plenty. I do want to finish, but…stuff comes up.

Some of you have received your gifts. Check your walls. Others may require more thought. BSoD's was made, but was then lost when this computer froze…for half of an hour. Actually, it was lost when I unplugged the thing in frustration.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!