+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Mar 28, 2016 at 04:35PM EDT. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1043 posts from 24 users

Brucker wrote:

How's this?

[photo:217027]

The side pales I based on your color in the game, but it should be simple enough to change them if you don't like the look, because on a larger scale, it is sort of dull.

That's amazing and so much better than this.

You can see blank spots and where the fill separates in the blue portion. I'm terrible with photos. I'll take Brucker's.

The turn is ready to post.
But I don't want to because quite a few people haven't sent in their PMs yet.
I'll give y'all another hour to do so.

Cale wrote:

I'm wondering if Brucker would do one for me…

I was a little short on time, but I think you'll like this:

[photo:217129]

Normally, one doesn't put the name of the country on the flag (or even initials, have you seen Rwanda's flag?) but it just looks so good. Hopefully I spelled it right; I'm not such a big fan of Tolkein that I actually know anything about Sindarin.

Last edited Dec 14, 2011 at 06:59PM EST

Syndic wrote:

The turn is ready to post.
But I don't want to because quite a few people haven't sent in their PMs yet.
I'll give y'all another hour to do so.

Oh thank you a lot Syndic, I just got home, I will hurry.

Last edited Dec 14, 2011 at 07:22PM EST

Brucker wrote:

I was a little short on time, but I think you'll like this:

[photo:217129]

Normally, one doesn't put the name of the country on the flag (or even initials, have you seen Rwanda's flag?) but it just looks so good. Hopefully I spelled it right; I'm not such a big fan of Tolkein that I actually know anything about Sindarin.

I am loathe to use this, as I did not forge it.

But it is nice, and suits my colors. Good use of reference, quality detail.

Why not?

Last edited Dec 14, 2011 at 07:30PM EST

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Oh thank you a lot Syndic, I just got home, I will hurry.

Did you just spent 14 minutes considering and editing that post? o_o

I'll wait for you to send your PM, no need to rush. Just don't keep us waiting any longer than necessary.

Turn 6
Iron Age

Game Notes:
-We have entered the Iron Age.
-Flags have been introduced. You may change it if you wish, but don't do that too often.
-Cities have been introduced. You don't build them, I do, but your actions may determine the likelihood of that happening, especially once we get out of the iron age.

Nations:

Cultures:

Angmar (WitchKing)

Govt: Oligarchy
Tech: [===|=======]
Cult: Fellowship Polytheism, Sign Language
-A delegate to Rossiya has proclaimed the two nations to be at peace.
-The military is reorganized into legions, formed from landed citizens.
-The army marches northbound, corralling more villages and farmsteads under the flag of Angmar.
-A representative of Angmar is sent to Macedon to attempt council with Alexander, but he returns to the Ukraine with news that the warlord had died, and his empire was now falling apart into various feuding factions.

Cattonia (MadCat)

Govt: Kingdom
Tech: [==========|]
Cult: Heaven's Mandate, Syllabic Language
-The nation adopts a more suitable name for an actual country, Cattonia, because I am tired of having a country simply called "cat people."
-The armies to the north spread outward to the east and west, focusing on controlling towns along riverbanks.
-The army in the south moves in to attack the completely unprepared and unsuspecting Pimponari, taking them by surprise and occupying all of their land on the continent.
-A military academy in the capitol is opened for the training of tactics and Cattonian philosophy.

Falconland (DouglasJFalcon)

Tech: [======|====]
Cult: Syllabic Language, Falconism
-Military expeditions are sent east and west, unifying the lands of independent villages under the Falconi flag.

Magwoli (TehBrawler)

Govt: Tribal Nation
Tech: [=|=========]
Cult: Syllabic Language
-

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Syllabic Language
-Gold and silver coins are used as a currency for trade across the burgeoning empire.
-Trade between farming communities flourishes as long and twisting trade routes become regularly frequented by a growing class of traveling merchants.
-A written code of law is made, with a majority of the punishments resulting in execution or conscription into small bands of foot soldiers with a high mortality rate.
-Innovations in cartography and road building further drive the empire together with a strong knowledge of location and routes between them becoming available where needed. Some rare few merchants and generals have even begun using an artifact known as the compass, a mystical artifact of unknown mechanics that is nearly impossible for even the most sage of alchemists to reproduce.
-The horde continues moving east, with the quest for power driving them ever closer to the ocean.

Ming (MisterJ)

Govt: Republic
Tech: [=======|===]
-Due to a quarrel over fishing rights with Magwoli people to the south, an expedition has been sent there to squash the opposition. Unfortunately this has led to a small confederation of island tribes grouping together to resist the Ming invasion threat.
-The army in Taiwan is sent further north with settlers to colonize the Japanese islands. However, they are taken to harshly by the locals who neither understand nor accept the Ming language or culture.
-Coal is being employed as a method of heating and cooking.
-A copper based currency with uniform coin shapes has revolutionized trade for the Ming.

Last edited Dec 14, 2011 at 08:13PM EST

Pimponari (PimpAbra)

Tech: [========|==]
Cult: Song Language, Musical Polytheism
-

Prometheus (Vlad)

-With the death of Alexander the Great, Prometheus has gained the opportunity to release itself from the yoke of oppression. However, Hellenistic weapons and the teachings of modern warfare has given rise to a plethora of new kingdoms and empires in the wake of Macedon's demise, and now many competing nations fill the void.
-The Seleucids are demanding that Prometheus turn over Antioch to them for access to the Mediterranean sea, and are threatening war over the region. Persia, a corrupted and antiquated monarchy with little power over its own internal affairs, has offered an alliance to fight the Seleucids should Prometheus not wish to lose Antioch.
-An academy is opened for the landed voters of Prometheus.
-A grand parliamentary building is constructed for the republic's senators, and is called Arcadia's Glen.
-A more capitalistic system of economics is being adopted, with slavery slowly being phased out as the demand for consumers rises and thus the landowners begin paying their workers.
-A currency system based around metal coins, learned from the Greeks during their stay in Prometheus, is implemented in the republic. Alexander's face is a common symbol stamped into Promethian coins.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

Cult: Sylabic Language
-As the senators have decided that education should be available to people of all status, slaves and freemen are flocking to universities to skip out on work. Scholars and landowners alike are up in arms about the new legislation, as there is now nobody to till the farms or work the mines, and the universities are crowded with people that don't even have a passion or even a need to learn.
-Lead pipes are now being used in the hopes of protecting the water storage and sewage systems in winter and harsh weather. They hold, and the new system branches out to be adopted by other large towns.
-Taxes for landowners is decreased, leading to many freedmen to purchase or stake out land for themselves.
-A universal voting system is established to allow the public to better voice their needs and concerns.
-Primitive sciences in the fields of chemistry and biology are being developed by major scholars.
-The republic beings commissioning sculptures, statues, murals, and paintings with tax money for the beautification of the capital.
-A major library is constructed and painstakingly filled with volumes of Rossiyan knowledge. Its size rivals that of any book collection in the world, and the Rossiyan nation is quickly becoming the centre for scholarly gatherings from places as distant as Greece and India.

Syserror (BSOD)

Cult: Syllabic Language, Softcrash Polytheism
-Sydney is offered a military alliance in exchange for friendly relations and good will. They accept.
-A war fleet is constructed and begins battling against crude pirate vessels terrorizing major waterways. This successfully bolsters the economic growth of Aukland and its outlying regions.
-A rather large military force is established on the island, and the senators begin to fear that an ambitious general may take his loyal legions to establish a kingdom over Syserror. Legislation is passed to establish a separate legion for the senate in its defense.
-Gold becomes a valued commodity.

Teclos (QuakerPerez)

Cult: Latin Language, Spanoism
-Hannibal has moved his army through Iberia to invade the Roman republic, but unfortunately fails in the attempt. Desperate for an ally to save his war, he has sent an ambassador to Teclos to request their support against the Romans.
-Rome agrees to an alliance with the Teclos, although rumors in the senate are giving Teclos the impression of being an uncivilized barbarian kingdom.
-The king of Teclos sends armies to the west, but abandons his eastward attempts as the villages there have pledged their loyalty to Carthage, and such a movement would cause a war between them.
-Sewage systems, lead piping, and aqueducts are constructed to mirror the Romans.
-Chariots are being employed by the Teclos as a replacement for cavalry units.
-Iberian slaves have become a popular commodity in the mining industries, and more foreign slaves are being captured by the armies.

Vulcan (FridgeLogic)

Cult: Syllabic Language, Kolinahr
-An army is assembled and sent north to sack the Saxon town. During a fierce battle, the Saxon king is killed in the fight, and his son takes the army and his people back to their boats to leave Britannia. Over a short time, a large number of Saxon emigrations and displacements by Vulcans cause the eastern half of Britannia to lose its Germanic ties.
-A navy is formed to keep the Saxon dogs from attempting to send another army from Germania. Fortunately, no such event ever occurs. They seem to have learned their lesson.
-A holy book called te V'tosh Katur is written, documenting religious events occurring since the dawn of man as well as setting a moral code for future generations to live by. Nearly every village rabbi owns a copy.

pug on toast wrote:

Mmm, nice flag…… Syndic, did you design it, or is it Brucker?

I Googled "Ming Flag" and used the second image result I found.

Syndic wrote:

I Googled "Ming Flag" and used the second image result I found.

Oh, OK. Do you think Brucker can make me one if I ask nicely?

pug on toast wrote:

Oh, OK. Do you think Brucker can make me one if I ask nicely?

Considering the fact that a few of our players already have a flag by Brucker, I'd say it isn't beyond him to do more if you ask nicely.

madcat wrote:

Soon Vlad, soon.

Maybe, but do you really think you can take on the most technologically advanced nation and Angmar at the same time? You know, maybe I'll just use the Sahel on you. That would make good practice for them.

Vlad wrote:

Maybe, but do you really think you can take on the most technologically advanced nation and Angmar at the same time? You know, maybe I'll just use the Sahel on you. That would make good practice for them.

You should note that there is a semi-arid desert type region in Africa actually called the Sahel. You're probably confusing him. Unless that is your intention, then by all means do so.

Last edited Dec 14, 2011 at 10:43PM EST

Syndic wrote:

Did you just spent 14 minutes considering and editing that post? o_o

I'll wait for you to send your PM, no need to rush. Just don't keep us waiting any longer than necessary.

Thank you for making a better flag for me, the one I made was randomly put together in 1 minute since I had less than 15 minutes to make that turn and get ready to leave for dinner; hopefully that turn wasn't too hard to read. And actually, 5 of those minutes were me trying to convince my mother that what I was doing was a homework assignment,

Vlad wrote:

Vlad, Witch-King and I are both invading the Selucian Empire to help you. I don't think that Madagascar-invading cat will be able to bring harm to you with a trifecta of awesomeness guarding the Middle Eastern threshold.

Last edited Dec 14, 2011 at 11:33PM EST

I don't know why more people are asking me for flags; I think all of the ones I saw up there look great! (With the exception of Vulcan's flag, because I suspect a pony influence.)

@Brucker

Actually, Vulcans flag appears to be Homestuck influenced. It looks very similar to the symbol that God-Tier John wears.

I don't know any Ponies that carry around something that looks like that.

I feel kind of lucky being the most remote player in the game. Things are going crazy in middle there.

Last edited Dec 15, 2011 at 02:25AM EST

Vlad wrote:

So I finished my flag.

Edit: Huh, I'm the first one to get this done. Typically I end up last.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask; do you think the Mexicans will mind you using their flag?

I mean, at least you left them a cactus, so they have a snack, I guess. (I had some cactus for dessert tonight; it was delicious!)

His flag is a mutation of Mexico and Egypt.

I don't know why.

Looks pretty cool regardless. Egypt's has always been one my favourite flags.

Last edited Dec 15, 2011 at 03:04AM EST

Vlad wrote:

You and I are the most technologically advanced, I just need to join with someone up in the Middle East and surround you. Too bad it looks like you've teamed with everyone up there. So, anyone willing to join forces up there in Europe or Asia would be nice. Of course I'll send a messenger on my turn.

@DPF
The use of the name was intentional. All the other ones I came up were too odd-sounding.

@Brucker
I actually never noticed the comparison to the Mexican flag while making it. And yes, the eagle is taken from the Egyptian flag for the sole reason of "it looked interesting".

Cale wrote:

New Zealand is the ass-crack of the world.

The people are ironically cool.

But the world isn't a person. How is it to have any body part whatsoever?

Cale wrote:

New Zealand is the ass-crack of the world.

The people are ironically cool.

Should I be insulted that you called my nation an ass-crack?

Or complimented knowing that we are ironically cool and that people know we exist?

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Should I be insulted that you called my nation an ass-crack?

Or complimented knowing that we are ironically cool and that people know we exist?

Every country sucks in it's on way.

Every people rock in they're own way.

Turn 7
Iron Age

Game Notes:
-Army and navy sliders have been added to each player nation. The further your slider is to the right, the larger your army/navy is. If it is all the way to the left, then you don't have an army/navy. This only determines size; the quality of your army depends upon if you have recently been at war (experience) or if you have higher technology (weapons).
-New cultures are now barred from joining. You may still join as a new nation on top of existing cultures.
-Key updated to include various methods of military movement.
-Nubia's colour is altered due to Cattonia being too close of a shade.
-Borders will not be left on, per request, for the culture map so that you can see which culturs your nation spans over.

Nations:

Cultures:

Angmar (WitchKing)

Govt: Oligarchy
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [====|======]
Cult: Fellowship Polytheism, Sign Language
-A university teaching subjects ranging from fine art to the methods of war is opened.
-Theology becomes a major teaching across the nation, and many great scholars invest themselves into exploring the ways of the gods.
-Low lying aqueducts are built to transfer water from rivers and sources to locations where it is needed most.
-War is declared on the Seleucid Empire. An army is sent to capture Antioch.

Cattonia (MadCat)

Army: [======|====]
Navy: [=|=========]

Cult: Heaven's Mandate, Syllabic Language
-A fleet of triremes is being built on the coast facing Madagascar, but it is not yet large enough to carry a significant force nor defeat the Pimponari navy.
-The armies to the north attack the Nubians, with much initial success.
-The army in the south is sent further south, with the hopes to gain more conquests.

Falconland (DouglasJFalcon)

Army: [====|======]
Navy: [==|========]

Cult: Syllabic Language, Falconism
-Gold currency is coined.
-The capital is moved to Mute, a city on the Hudson Bay.
-Military reforms increase the peacetime size of the armies.
-Falconism now has a written holy book.
-An ambassador is sent to Mertola. He sticks around for a while, then returns home citing "boredom" as his reason.
-The fleet is being expanded upon.
-A central university is built, allowing for the expansion and spread of ideas and technology.

Fasier (DarkErmac)

Army: [|==========]
Navy: [|==========]

Tech: [|==========]
-lol send a turn bro.

Magwoli (TehBrawler)

Army: [=|=========]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [=|=========]
-Absolutely nothing happens because apparently Teh Brawler thought his people could try and invent the steam engine around 200 BC.

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Army: [==========|]

-The old king dies, curtailing the expansion of the nation militarily as his trusted corps of generals are left under the thumb of a senate, established by the new king.
-Taxes are placed on trade within cities, leading to extensive growth of smaller towns that are overlooked by the census.
-In the aftermath of the horde's destructive conquests over large swaths of the continent, many generals begin looking into providing good medical procedures for their men to decrease the number of deaths in the field.
-Families of soldiers are compensated for the death of their loved ones in the army.
-Battle tactics and grand strategy is compiled in a book, detailing the art of war and aiding future generals and ambitious statesmen in their military goals.

Last edited Dec 15, 2011 at 10:28PM EST

Naronius (MisterJ)

Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [======|====]

-Ming is now known as Naronius.
-The Naronian military begins adopting the crossbow as their major ranged weapon.
-The capital, called Seetan, establishes a republic based on elected elders from various communities throughout the nation.
-I say, prospective trade between the islands is looking to be more sophisticated. Quite so.
-Ambassadors to villages in the Malay peninsula bring a few communities under Naronian rule, but most refuse to surrender their power to the republic.

Pimponari (PimpAbra)

Army: [==|========]

Cult: Song Language, Musical Polytheism
-

Prometheus (Vlad)

Army: [======|====]

-Antioch is refused to the Seleucids, and a war breaks out between the two empires. Persia holds up to her promise, although they do not make much progress, and have even enticed Parthia into joining the Seleucids by showing their weakness in losing Tehran.
-An assassin's guild, called "Sahel," has launched a bold mission to assassinate the king of the Seleucids. Although they do fail, they manage to put such an impression on him that he has raised his own army and left the thrown to fight the Promethians in person.
-The Seleucid armies, led directly by the King of the Seleucid dynasty, march into Antioch after a resounding victory against Promethian forces. They head south, and then east, to face the bulk of the remaining Promethian forces.
-Brass pipes are constructed for usage in sewage systems.
-A naval expedition is sent eastward, and contact with the Romans is established.
-Military tactics alter from traditional combat to hit-and-run raiding techniques, with cavalry becoming more and more valuable as a core component to the army. Seleucid phalanxes find it extremely difficult to compete with these highly mobile horse archers.

Last edited Dec 15, 2011 at 10:28PM EST

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

Cult: Sylabic Language
-The senate takes nearly full control over curriculum and university attendees, severely limiting once more those whom can go to class.
-The nation's library continues expanding, becoming a world class centre for debate and learning.
-The army is strengthened quite a bit. Increasing force size has unnerved the Parthians.
-An army is sent south, Seeking to open up an attack on the Seleucids. However, no reasonable path is found, and the navy is next to nonexistent, leading to an uneventful retreat back to Rossiya. However, while on the march they conquered a few new regions for the republic.

Syserror (BSOD)

Navy: [======|====]

Cult: Syllabic Language, Softcrash Polytheism
-

Teclos (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic

Cult: Latin Language, Spanoism
-Carthage is invaded, as a gesture of good faith to the Romans.
-Their experience against war elephants in Carthaginian Iberia has led to the Teclan army to adopt them into their forces. Elephants are being imported from Africa, and even bred in Iberia itself.
-To make a better impression on the Romans, more Roman cultural traditions are adopted, including a crude representative republic, chariot races, and Roman architectural designs.
-The Roman general Scipio arrives in Teclos after the defeat and capture of Hannibal in Iberia. Amazed by the increasingly modern and roman civilization of the peninsula, he returns to Rome to tell the Senate of the Teclan civilization. Thoroughly impressed by Teclos, the Roman Republic has offered a solidified alliance with the Teclan kingdom.
-Trade across the ocean increases, with routes extending as far east as Greece and Galatia.
-Gold is coined in a similar way to the Romans, with some coins even being pressed with the figure of certain powerful Roman statesmen.
-Contact with the Romans and the establishment of a national university has vastly increased the intellectual population of Teclos.

Vulcan (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Republic

Cult: Syllabic Language, Kolinahr
-A republic based upon Kolinahr rule is established by a High Command of religious leaders. Laws are written based singularily upon passages from the V'tosh Katur. A set of rules called the Elements of Harmony are established in the V'tosh Katur's passages, setting a list of ten basic rules for society to abide by.
-Stoic thought, initially pioneered by the Greeks, has reached Vulcan and begins influencing the authors of the V'tosh Katur. Emotional expression is rapidly becoming taboo, and extreme outbreaks of lust or anger are even outlawed in some regions.
-The Academy of Logic is built in the capital, centered upon the study of theology, God's will, and the purpose of man on earth.
-The chariot becomes an extremely common source of transit for both military and civilian use.
-An army is organized for the conquest of the remainder of Britannia.
-A small force is sent to Norway, and a colony of settlers establish a village there.

Last edited Dec 15, 2011 at 10:27PM EST

Yo! You must login or signup first!