Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

304,323 total conversations in 8,688 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Dec 29, 2011 at 11:36PM EST. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1042 posts from 23 users

This is actually better than expected.

Dec 16, 2011 at 08:46AM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

Okay RF, your dudes can pass through mah countree.

Don’t have to. I’ve got a fleet of Triremes headed for the Selucid Empire via the Caspian Sea.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 01:07PM EST
Dec 16, 2011 at 01:06PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

Don’t have to. I’ve got a fleet of Triremes headed for the Selucid Empire via the Caspian Sea.

I’d accept Witch-King’s offer. No offense, but your Navy isn’t exactly a shining example of nautical engineering.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 05:57PM EST
Dec 16, 2011 at 05:56PM EST
Quote

Vlad wrote:

I’d accept Witch-King’s offer. No offense, but your Navy isn’t exactly a shining example of nautical engineering.

What Navy? Doesn’t look like he has one.

Dec 16, 2011 at 06:04PM EST
Quote

madcat wrote:

What Navy? Doesn’t look like he has one.

Street Fleet:

Dec 16, 2011 at 06:09PM EST
Quote

Turn 8
Iron Age

Game Notes:
-Teh Brawler has quit. His nation is now an NPC.


Nations:


Cultures


Angmar (WitchKing)

Govt: Oligarchy
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [====|======]
Cult: Fellowship Polytheism, Sign Language
-Heavy siege weapons are built in Antioch, and lumber forth eastward, devastating any walled city’s defenses. This drastically slows the army though.
-Antioch’s garrison surrenders to Prometheus due to cordial relations.
-The fleet’s size is increased.
-Diplomats are sent to Rome. The very fact that Angmar has diplomats has impressed the Romans.
-Harvest taxes are increased to fill the granaries, and free food rations are provided for city dwellers during winter.
-The crown prince of Angmar declares that death in the battlefield is a holy right, and any who die fighting loyally under a regent will be assured a place in heaven.


Cattonia (MadCat)

Govt: Kingdom
Army: [======|====]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [==========|]
Cult: Heaven's Mandate, Syllabic Language
-The military is trained into organized legions with a strict and standardized training regiment for enlistees.
-A military capital, called Nyan, is established upon the northern reaches of the Nile river.
-The war against Nubia proceeds in an unsatisfactory fashion, with a major defeat as they progressed north. The northern army is withered by attrition caused by the desert and its environmental hazards, and has little fight left in them.
-The fleet is nearly completed, and some optimistic generals believe that they could get away with a landing and a proper conquest with the ships they have already completed.


Falconland (DouglasJFalcon)

Govt: Kingdom
Army: [====|======]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [======|====]
Cult: Syllabic Language, Falconism
-Iron, having already been in use for a while now, is… put into use again for tools and weapons.
-The navy is improved with bigger triremes.
-Conquests continue.


Fasier (DarkErmac)

Govt: Tribal Nation
Army: [|==========]
Navy: [|==========]

Tech: [|==========]
Cult: Syllabic Language
-


Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Army: [==========|]
Navy: [|==========]

Tech: [====|======]
Cult: Syllabic Language
-


Naronius (MisterJ)

Govt: Republic
Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [======|====]

Tech: [=====|=====]
Cult: Syllabic Language
-

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 07:26PM EST
Dec 16, 2011 at 07:26PM EST
Quote


Pimponari (PimpAbra)

Govt: Tribal Nation
Army: [==|========]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [======|====]
Cult: Song Language, Musical Polytheism
-


Prometheus (Vlad)

Govt: Republic
Army: [======|====]
Navy: [====|======]

Tech: [==========|]
Cult: Syllabic Language
-A library is built in the capital, with the intention of rivaling those in Alexandria and Rossiya.
-The Seleucid king is murdered in battle, and his army routes and disbands in a crushing defeat. The Seleucid Empire rapidly dissolves, and the war is won. Persia also collapses under the strain of war and internal strife.
-Antioch is reclaimed.
-An ambassador is sent to Rome, and proper trade is commenced. The Romans are very impressed with Prometheus and their civility.
-A Naval Academy is established as the need for new captains increases with the size of the fleet.


Rossiya (RussianFedora)

Govt: Republic
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [=|=========]

Tech: [=========|=]
Cult: Sylabic Language
-A fleet of triremes is completed, and sent south to conquer Tehran.
-Greek fire is developed for use in the navy. Being that Rossiya is the only nation with ships in the Caspian, there is little use found for the weapon.
-Astronomy becomes a major course of study for the universities, and an observatory is added on to the library.
-Rumors are spreading of a great and terrible horde of barbarians approaching from the far east.


Syserror (BSOD)

Govt: Republic
Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [======|====]

Tech: [========|==]
Cult: Syllabic Language, Softcrash Polytheism
-A code of honor, linked to religion, is established and endorsed by law.
-Stone construction begins to replace more feeble elements, such as wood and clay.
-A new settlement known as Christchurch begins to grow in influence in the southern island. Temples, a library, and even a military academy is established there. The senate begins to worry that they may soon seek autonomy due to their rapidly growing power and influence.
-Sydney is encouraged to grow and spread their influence on behalf of Syserror, and the two nations cooperate to do so.
-Noumea, Vanuatu, Solomon, and Fiji are invaded.


Teclos (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [=========|=]
Cult: Latin Language, Spanoism
-A formal alliance with the Roman Republic is signed.
-Teclo armies march north and south, finishing the conquest of Iberia, invading Gaul alongside Julius Caesar, and beginning the conquest of Africa in Mauretania.
-Attempting to mirror the Roman Legions the best they can, Teclos enacts a conscription plan to increase their numbers.
-Universities teaching in the style of the Greco-Roman ones on the east are opened in large towns. Physics and philosophy are the two main components of the curriculum.
-The crossbow becomes a popular weapon.
-Greek fire is imported, experimented with, and duplicated for use in the navy.


Vulcan (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Republic
Army: [====|======]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [===|=======]
Cult: Syllabic Language, Kolinahr
-Archery becomes a popular sport, with good marksmen being valued in society as real men, and true soldiers for the republic.
-The settlement of Norway continues, although for some odd reason the Norwegian Vulcans seem to think that Vulcan is a kingdom now.
-New ships are added to the fleet. Caesar attempts to send a legion across the channel, but is discouraged by the number of triremes that Vulcan has in port, and turns back his force, instead using his spare legions to invade Macedon.
-Currency is introduced, unifying the republic’s economy and drawing the people together.
-Conquest of Britannia continues.
-The phalanx formation is made standard regiment for the Vulcan army.

Dec 16, 2011 at 07:26PM EST
Quote

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

what year is it currently?

>Julius Caesar
>Google him
>First century BC

derp

Dec 16, 2011 at 07:47PM EST
Quote

Who wants to help get rid of this cluster-fuck of NPCs in the center?

Dec 16, 2011 at 07:50PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

OH CRAP, THE MONGOLS ARE COMING.

*Takes a double take of the map:

MOTHER OF GOD.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 09:04PM EST
Dec 16, 2011 at 09:03PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

*Takes a double take of the map:

MOTHER OF GOD.

Don’t worry, I’m leading a huge defense against them.

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:10PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

Don’t worry, I’m leading a huge defense against them.

I’m about to start some sick reference fires, bro:

You have my sword, my bow, my axe, my navy, my siege engines, and my prayers.

Because, let’s face it, one does not simply walk into Asia.

We need to make a stand in that land of darkness.

Let them know they shall not pass.

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:16PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

I’m about to start some sick reference fires, bro:

You have my sword, my bow, my axe, my navy, my siege engines, and my prayers.

Because, let’s face it, one does not simply walk into Asia.

We need to make a stand in that land of darkness.

Let them know they shall not pass.

Seriously though, are you going to help me keep the Mongols away?

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:36PM EST
Quote

we have no need to.
but i would like to be on any current alliances. just at a distance, though.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 09:38PM EST
Dec 16, 2011 at 09:37PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

Seriously though, are you going to help me keep the Mongols away?

Rossiya has called for allies, and I shall answer.

OH MAN I AM ON A ROLL HERE.

But yes. If my latest conquest goes well, you have my complete support when the time comes.

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:38PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

Rossiya has called for allies, and I shall answer.

OH MAN I AM ON A ROLL HERE.

But yes. If my latest conquest goes well, you have my complete support when the time comes.

You’ll need to help me this turn, because that’s when the Mongols will probably invade.

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:41PM EST
Quote

Well me and The Quaker Perez have an alliance. Always good to have links to Europe. bluh bluh bluh conquest.

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:48PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

You’ll need to help me this turn, because that’s when the Mongols will probably invade.

They can’t move THAT fast.

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:58PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

They can’t move THAT fast.

What if they’re on horseback?

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:01PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

They can’t move THAT fast.

A single mongol with two horses traveling with haste could from get from Vladivostok to Moscow in under fifty days in optimal conditions. Considering the fact that most Mongols lived their lives in the saddle, and any Mongol family would be insane not to own at least one horse, I’d say they are very capable of getting all the way to and past Angmar by next turn if RF doesn’t put up a staunch defense.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:12PM EST
Quote

Syndic wrote:

A single mongol with two horses traveling with haste could from get from Vladivostok to Moscow in under fifty days in optimal conditions. Considering the fact that most Mongols lived their lives in the saddle, and any Mongol family would be insane not to own at least one horse, I’d say they are very capable of getting all the way to and past Angmar by next turn if RF doesn’t put up a staunch defense.

And I did put up quite a defense, so they shouldn’t be able to invade Angmar or Rossiya.

Also, I have a question: Where’s Kievan Rus? Shouldn’t they be on the map somewhere in Northwest Russia?

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:14PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

And I did put up quite a defense, so they shouldn’t be able to invade Angmar or Rossiya.

Also, I have a question: Where’s Kievan Rus? Shouldn’t they be on the map somewhere in Northwest Russia?

The Kievan Rus doesn’t come to be until about 9th century AD.
We’re only just barely at 0 AD. Approximately.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:21PM EST
Quote

For those of us who don’t know how fast the Mongols spread, a graphic example.

Have fun.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:23PM EST
Quote

Syndic wrote:

The Kievan Rus doesn’t come to be until about 9th century AD.
We’re only just barely at 0 AD. Approximately.

Yeah, I had a hunch they come in later. I need to work on my early Russian history.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:27PM EST
Quote

This isn’t Genghis Khan’s Mongol Horde by the way. I get the feeling y’all think that is what’s coming. But its not. This too, will come later.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:29PM EST
Quote

I figured. Rome wasn’t around the Mongol tide.These must be the Huns.

Alright then. Disregard the Bow thing, and send a few men and machines his way, please.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:39PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

I figured. Rome wasn’t around the Mongol tide.These must be the Huns.

Alright then. Disregard the Bow thing, and send a few men and machines his way, please.

The Hun Empire is from around modern-day Hungary (which, last time I checked, wasn’t in Asia), and the Huns don’t appear until around the mid 400s.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 10:43PM EST
Dec 16, 2011 at 10:42PM EST
Quote

Vlad wrote:

The Hun Empire is from around modern-day Hungary (which, last time I checked, wasn’t in Asia), and the Huns don’t appear until around the mid 400s.

^Good point.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:44PM EST
Quote

Vlad wrote:

The Hun Empire is from around modern-day Hungary (which, last time I checked, wasn’t in Asia), and the Huns don’t appear until around the mid 400s.

I knew that.

It was a test.

This is obviously…

The Abbasid Empire.

Yeah.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:45PM EST
Quote

Next thread only History buffs can play. Or we could correct each other in an endless loop.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:59PM EST
Quote

To whomever is controlling Teclos, if you are not an NPC, I would like to propose an alliance. Please respond in the form of a PM as soon as possible.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:03PM EST
Quote

madcat wrote:

Next thread only History buffs can play. Or we could correct each other in an endless loop.

Correction: We would correct each other in an endless ∞.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:05PM EST
Quote

The exact origin of the Huns is unknown. Some used to say that it was the Xiognu, a nomadic people from Manchuko and Mongolia. Others say that the Huns used to reside just northeast of the Aral sea, and were displaced by an expanding Rouran Khaganate. Whatever the circumstances, before 200 AD the Huns were all east of the Don river, and something forced them westward, causing the great migrations that decimated and toppled the West Roman Empire.

Vlad is correct however, that the Huns did settle in Hungary, and Attila built their empire from a capital there. However, at this point in the game (and for game purposes) I have placed all of the Hunnic horde east of Rossiya.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 11:08PM EST
Dec 16, 2011 at 11:06PM EST
Quote

Syndic wrote:

The exact origin of the Huns is unknown. Some used to say that it was the Xiognu, a nomadic people from Manchuko and Mongolia. Others say that the Huns used to reside just northeast of the Aral sea, and were displaced by an expanding Rouran Khaganate. Whatever the circumstances, before 200 AD the Huns were all east of the Don river, and something forced them westward, causing the great migrations that decimated and toppled the West Roman Empire.

Vlad is correct however, that the Huns did settle in Hungary, and Attila built their empire from a capital there. However, at this point in the game (and for game purposes) I have placed all of the Hunnic horde east of Rossiya.

Is the expanding yellow territory in Southern Asia the Huns?

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:13PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

Is the expanding yellow territory in Southern Asia the Huns?

That is Imperial China. Again, the Huns never established control over anything east of the Caspain. Here is a map of the Hunnic Empire under Attila:

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:16PM EST
Quote

Hmm Magwoli jumped out? That changes a few of my plans.

Also for any of the history buffs, you wouldn’t happen to know of any historical horde invasions coming my direction would you?

I know the British Empire is going to come and kick my Polynesian ass at some point in history but I got a few centuries to go before that happens

Dec 17, 2011 at 04:20AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Hmm Magwoli jumped out? That changes a few of my plans.

Also for any of the history buffs, you wouldn’t happen to know of any historical horde invasions coming my direction would you?

I know the British Empire is going to come and kick my Polynesian ass at some point in history but I got a few centuries to go before that happens

>islands
>hordes
lol

Yeah I think you are safe.

Even from the British, considering the fact that Vulcan has secured most of their homeland. Unless of course, he goofs up with the Romans, or the Anglo/Jute/Saxon hordes. And then there is the entirely possible chance that he will come after you himself.

Dec 17, 2011 at 04:25AM EST
Quote

Syndic wrote:

>islands
>hordes
lol

Yeah I think you are safe.

Even from the British, considering the fact that Vulcan has secured most of their homeland. Unless of course, he goofs up with the Romans, or the Anglo/Jute/Saxon hordes. And then there is the entirely possible chance that he will come after you himself.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Teclos, Cattonia and Vulcan have entered into an alliance, and Teclos has agreed to make sure the Romans stay away from us. Presently I have no plans to invade any player-controlled nations, only NPCs and unclaimed territory.

Dec 17, 2011 at 02:08PM EST
Quote

Fridge wrote:

I wouldn’t worry about that. Teclos, Cattonia and Vulcan have entered into an alliance, and Teclos has agreed to make sure the Romans stay away from us. Presently I have no plans to invade any player-controlled nations, only NPCs and unclaimed territory.

The Ming are included in this alliance as well.

Dec 17, 2011 at 02:36PM EST
Quote

Seriously though. Vlad, Russian. I really want that hole of NPCs out of my head.

We can split it 25/25/50. Vlad could use it, due to Madcat’s spread, and we’ve got territory north to get.

Dec 17, 2011 at 03:08PM EST
Quote

Chill. He may just be busy.

With sex.

Dec 17, 2011 at 09:36PM EST
Quote

Greetings! You must login or signup first!