320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Mar 28, 2016 at 04:35PM EDT. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1043 posts from 24 users

Piano wrote:

I'LL SEND YOU A BOOK ABOUT WARFARE.

GREAT. FUCKING CHRISTMAS UP IN THIS BITCH.

JUST LIKE EVERY YEAR.

BOOKS.

GONNA SEND ME SOME SOCKS AND BANANA HAMMOCKS TOO?

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 12:39AM EST

Cale wrote:

GREAT. FUCKING CHRISTMAS UP IN THIS BITCH.

JUST LIKE EVERY YEAR.

BOOKS.

GONNA SEND ME SOME SOCKS AND BANANA HAMMOCKS TOO?

FINE, IF YOU DON'T WANT A BOOK I'LL FORGE YOU A GOLDEN SWORD AND SEND IT TO YOU. IT'LL HAVE RUBIES AND EMERALDS SET IN THE HANDLE, AND THE WORDS "SLAVIC BROTHERHOOD" ETCHED IN THE BLADE.

Piano wrote:

FINE, IF YOU DON'T WANT A BOOK I'LL FORGE YOU A GOLDEN SWORD AND SEND IT TO YOU. IT'LL HAVE RUBIES AND EMERALDS SET IN THE HANDLE, AND THE WORDS "SLAVIC BROTHERHOOD" ETCHED IN THE BLADE.

IF IT AIN'T SLAVIC, I FAIL TO SEE THE LOGIC!

Cale wrote:

Well, there goes my turn through KYM mail.

I'm either saved or damned.

And I hate to pick, because I know you have a real life, but could you post a bit earlier?

It's 1 AM here.

EDIT: Russian, if you're going to evac, could you lend a deal of your military to my cause? You as well, Vlad?

Soon we’ll have nothing left to defend, and that means we have only one option…attack.

I don't know. I was planning to carry out an invasion of Hejar this turn (I've already sent that turn in) and I want to make sure I don't overstretch my army. I do, however, have some ties with the Romans. Perhaps I could ask/beg them for help.

Cale wrote:

@Vlad: Well, alright. I just really want these ass-holes who killed my friend dead and gone.

@Russian: IT WAS A PITUITARY THIRD-WAY REMARK ON SLAVIC QUALITY, TO SAY, COOL.

Cale wrote:

@Vlad: Well, alright. I just really want these ass-holes who killed my friend dead and gone.

@Russian: IT WAS A PITUITARY THIRD-WAY REMARK ON SLAVIC QUALITY, TO SAY, COOL.

The invasion's off. I'm sending what troops I can spare to help in resisting the Huns and I've also asked the Romans for assistance. Hopefully, we can stop them here.

Vlad wrote:

I don't know. I was planning to carry out an invasion of Hejar this turn (I've already sent that turn in) and I want to make sure I don't overstretch my army. I do, however, have some ties with the Romans. Perhaps I could ask/beg them for help.

The Teclos have a strong bond with Rome and I don't think that will go down so well seeing as you and the Teclos are enemies.

Piano wrote:

In vertebrate anatomy the pituitary gland, or hypophysis, is an endocrine gland about the size of a pea and weighing 0.5 g (0.02 oz.), in humans. It is a protrusion off the bottom of the hypothalamus at the base of the brain, and rests in a small, bony cavity (sella turcica) covered by a dural fold (diaphragma sellae).

EXACTLY.

SLAVIC HORMONES.

@Vlad: I'm also worried that the Romans would come ate me, due to their most expansion hitting me right on, so getting rid of the Huns relieves us, and lets me focus on that issue.

I'll pay you guys back for this, promise.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 12:55AM EST

madcat wrote:

The Teclos have a strong bond with Rome and I don't think that will go down so well seeing as you and the Teclos are enemies.

I've done nothing to the Teclos. Please, elaborate on why they would hold a grudge against me.

Vlad wrote:

I've done nothing to the Teclos. Please, elaborate on why they would hold a grudge against me.

I believe because the Teclos have a strong tie with Madcat, who will order them to hold a grudge against you.

But Madcat is just a domestic feline, he's harmless.

Vlad wrote:

Simple, they want to resist the spread that is happening in the Middle East. I mean, seriously, you guys have huge nations. Just stalling the spread.

Edit: Also what RF said.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 01:00AM EST

Piano wrote:

I believe because the Teclos have a strong tie with Madcat, who will order them to hold a grudge against you.

But Madcat is just a domestic feline, he's harmless.

But he's an insane domestic feline. He might present a problem when he gets his paws on WMDs.

Also, the "we control too much" reasoning starts to fall apart when you look at the map and realize that you control a fairly large amount of Africa and Teclos controls almost all of Spain.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 01:07AM EST

Vlad wrote:

But he's an insane domestic feline. He might present a problem when he gets his paws on WMDs.

Also, the "we control too much" reasoning starts to fall apart when you look at the map and realize that you control a fairly large amount of Africa and Teclos controls almost all of Spain.

I'll just hold you three at bay, just on a larger scale.

Vlad wrote:

If he gets WMDs all we have to do is spritz him with a little water.

If he gets WMDs all we have to do is spritz him with a little water.

Note to self: Invent the garden sprinkler as a defense mechanism against Cattonian invasion.

This discussion makes me curious what alliances have been forged so far between each nation, can we get an overview of who is allied to who?

I know my own diplomatic stances of course, I just want to know what other people have.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 03:17AM EST

From what I understand, Teclos, Cattonia, and Ming/Naronius are allied (against?) Prometheus, Angmar, and Rossiya. I know for certain (cuz I'm playing the NPCs) that the Roman Empire is allied closely with Teclos, views Prometheus with favor, and pretty much looks down upon the rest of the world as uncivilized barbarians. Other than all that, I don't know much in regards to diplomacy.

Syndic, DrPepperfanfan wrote:

-In fear of the approaching horde, many are fleeing their homes, taking

…nothing but the clothes on their back, and precious family heirloom sentence predicates.

Brucker wrote:

Syndic, DrPepperfanfan wrote:

-In fear of the approaching horde, many are fleeing their homes, taking

…nothing but the clothes on their back, and precious family heirloom sentence predicates.

I love that you read the entire post despite not even partaking (for now…?)

Also, I had a sinking feeling in my gut when I posted this turn that I made a major mistake, but I couldn't find it. I thought it was on the map the whole time. Thanks for pointing that out, now I can rest easy that it wasn't that huge of a deal.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 04:25AM EST

Sent in my turn.

Thanks for pointing out the allegiances, that makes the previous conversations a bit easier to understand. But I assume that everyone else not mentioned is pretty much against everyone else. I.E: no NPC's we know about have teamed up with each other or anything. So far only players have allies, either with NPC's or other players

It looks like we managed to get a team game going in central nations

[edit]

Waaaaaaitasecond…

I just noticed there are no trade routes labelled anywhere near my nation. What kind of boating nation doesn't ocean trade? I'll get my council to fix that in my next turn.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 05:08AM EST

For the record, Vulcan is part of the Teclos/Cattonia/Ming Alliance; our primary reason for joining them is protection against Rome; I have agreed to support them so long as they keep the Romans out of my land.

Speaking of Romans, to what extent will they be expanding? Historically, they began their decline after conquering Dacia, and after that they began their decline and implosion. All that happened circa 200-400 BCE.

Fridge wrote:

For the record, Vulcan is part of the Teclos/Cattonia/Ming Alliance; our primary reason for joining them is protection against Rome; I have agreed to support them so long as they keep the Romans out of my land.

Speaking of Romans, to what extent will they be expanding? Historically, they began their decline after conquering Dacia, and after that they began their decline and implosion. All that happened circa 200-400 BCE.

Since the Huns are invading it's somewhere between A.D. 300-400, and the Romans won't spread that much more. The Byzantine Empire will be staying for a lot longer though. You're using BCE wrong btw it's the Gregorian equivalent of B.C.

madcat wrote:

Since the Huns are invading it's somewhere between A.D. 300-400, and the Romans won't spread that much more. The Byzantine Empire will be staying for a lot longer though. You're using BCE wrong btw it's the Gregorian equivalent of B.C.

I'm using BCE as equivalent to AD. And the reason I'm asking is because this game seems to be running on an alternate history track. For example, the Romans never took control of Iberia, Britain, or the Eastern Mediterranean because our players were there to displace them and fence them in. I'd just like to know how long they're going to be around for, in case they try any funny business.

Also, the situation in RF's territory is really reminding me of LOTR. It's like he's Rohan and the Huns are the hordes of Orcs from Mordor. It's hilarious.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 10:37AM EST

-A bunch of ninjas start terrorizing the capital without reason. In particular, they are working to eliminate every sun dial in the town. Nobody knows why or where they came from.
-For some reason, the Mertolan king seems to believe that such a creature known as the “horse” exists and that his hordes use them. Perhaps it was not made clear to him that these animals are not on the continent yet, and that his men ride upon hardy deer and horn-trimmed stags.
-The horde continues plundering eastward, integrating the chariot into their forces. This only makes their progress slower and more convoluted as the carts are constantly getting stuck in the rocky Appalachian terrain, or the wheels need replacement by skilled wood-smiths that are never around when an army needs them most.

This is what happens to those who write a turn without thinking it over, chaos, chaos and ninjas.
                             -This public service announcement was made public to you by the Mertolan Horde

Fridge wrote:

I'm using BCE as equivalent to AD. And the reason I'm asking is because this game seems to be running on an alternate history track. For example, the Romans never took control of Iberia, Britain, or the Eastern Mediterranean because our players were there to displace them and fence them in. I'd just like to know how long they're going to be around for, in case they try any funny business.

Also, the situation in RF's territory is really reminding me of LOTR. It's like he's Rohan and the Huns are the hordes of Orcs from Mordor. It's hilarious.

THEY SHALL NOT PASS.

Hey Syndic, can you give a general depiction of the army and navy's slider scale in an easy to comprehend way along these lines:

0=Nothing
1=Babies with rocks
2=RF
3=RF with a rock
4=A generic red shirt army
5=Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage with Slim Jim swords
6=RF with a machine gun
7=A Transformer
8=Captain Planet and Voltron with top hats and chainsaws
9= >:3
10=RF with nukes

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Hey Syndic, can you give a general depiction of the army and navy's slider scale in an easy to comprehend way along these lines:

0=Nothing
1=Babies with rocks
2=RF
3=RF with a rock
4=A generic red shirt army
5=Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage with Slim Jim swords
6=RF with a machine gun
7=A Transformer
8=Captain Planet and Voltron with top hats and chainsaws
9= >:3
10=RF with nukes

Syndic wrote:

I love that you read the entire post despite not even partaking (for now…?)

Also, I had a sinking feeling in my gut when I posted this turn that I made a major mistake, but I couldn't find it. I thought it was on the map the whole time. Thanks for pointing that out, now I can rest easy that it wasn't that huge of a deal.

You should also be glad I'm not grammar Nazi-ing all up in this bitch. Sure, you do better than a lot of people, but with the sheer volume of material you're pumping out in this thread, there's plenty to work with. (And yes, one can end a sentence with a preposition or begin it with a conjunction.) After all…

-A bunch of ninjas start terrorizing the capital without reason. In particular, they are working to eliminate every sun dial in the town. Nobody knows why or where they came from.

…it took a great deal of restraint not to inquire whether the capital in question was the 'M' in Mertola.

Whoops, so much for restraint.

Brucker wrote:

You should also be glad I'm not grammar Nazi-ing all up in this bitch. Sure, you do better than a lot of people, but with the sheer volume of material you're pumping out in this thread, there's plenty to work with. (And yes, one can end a sentence with a preposition or begin it with a conjunction.) After all…

…it took a great deal of restraint not to inquire whether the capital in question was the 'M' in Mertola.

Whoops, so much for restraint.

I was taught this:

Capital –
1) money
2) tall letters
3) a British way of saying "really good"
4) the ruling city that controls a nation

Capitol –
1) the building in the capital city where laws are made

But, that doesn't really matter. I'm more flattered with your attention to what I write than insulted that you picked it apart.

@RPP – Everything is relative. I hate dealing with absolute numbers, but seeing as this is the iron age we are in, your armies definitely do not have more than spears and bows for weapons, no matter how high you go on the tech or army sliders. Just remember that the army slider only determines the size of your forces, not their equipment.

@Vulcan – The Roman Empire will begin its rapid collapse as soon as the Huns make it to Central Europe and kick out the Ostrogoth, Vandal, and Visigoth barbarians from their lands. These are the guys that will go around West Rome, plundering and looting its corrupt and complacent interior. If Angmar manages to, miraculously, obliterate or even halt the Hunnic horde, then Rome may survive.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 01:44PM EST
Everything is relative. I hate dealing with absolute numbers, but seeing as this is the iron age we are in, your armies definitely do not have more than spears and bows for weapons, no matter how high you go on the tech or army sliders. Just remember that the army slider only determines the size of your forces, not their equipment.

Alright, I was just kind of curious about how powerful my forces were compared to say, the Huns or Rome, as well as Falconland and some other players.

@Douglas Falcon: If you are planning on attacking me, which I currently presume you are,
YOU GONNA GET RAPED

Everything is relative. I hate dealing with absolute numbers, but seeing as this is the iron age we are in, your armies definitely do not have more than spears and bows for weapons, no matter how high you go on the tech or army sliders. Just remember that the army slider only determines the size of your forces, not their equipment.

Alright, I was just kind of curious about how powerful my forces were compared to say, the Huns or Rome, as well as Falconland and some other players.

@Douglas Falcon: If you are planning on attacking me, which I currently presume you are,
YOU GONNA GET RAPED

I may be adding sliders for major factions, such as the Huns, Rome, and Parthia. To compare your military size with other players, just take a glance at their sliders and note how many notches to the left or right of your own that they are.

Syndic wrote:

I may be adding sliders for major factions, such as the Huns, Rome, and Parthia. To compare your military size with other players, just take a glance at their sliders and note how many notches to the left or right of your own that they are.

So does that mean that as of this point I could take on any player nation as long as it was a land battle?

So does that mean that as of this point I could take on any player nation as long as it was a land battle?

Yes. But considering you only share a continent with one other nation, NPC or player alike, the chances of your army being very useful is slim. I'd suggest that you spread yourself out upon the plains as much as possible to help spring up new friendly NPC nations once your horde collapses into individual nations (it is inevitable, at this age nobody could maintain an empire that big for very long). In fact, I should probably add another slider for the nation's internal stability… just a thought.

Syndic wrote:

Yes. But considering you only share a continent with one other nation, NPC or player alike, the chances of your army being very useful is slim. I'd suggest that you spread yourself out upon the plains as much as possible to help spring up new friendly NPC nations once your horde collapses into individual nations (it is inevitable, at this age nobody could maintain an empire that big for very long). In fact, I should probably add another slider for the nation's internal stability… just a thought.

Oh but that removed the fun of it.

If I may make a prediction:

The Huns are going to completely fuck RF and WK. Hard.

In the ass

And hear the lamentations of their women (if they had any).

A friendly jest, good players. Hopefully the gracious Master of Games shall be merciful. All power to Rossiya and Angmar! Stop the Horde!

Turn 10
Iron Age

Game Notes:
-White arrows are now to be used on the map to show military movements of a defensive nature. Black arrows show aggression.
-Alliances between the players won't be announced in a turn even if you send in via PM. The only alliances I will announce are those with or between NPCs.
-The spread of religion will be extremely ahistoric. Please forgive me, I really don't want to add any more time to compiling these turns having to research that. If there are any major faiths that I have left out, make sure to let me know.

Nations:

Cultures

Religions

Angmar (WitchKing)

Govt: Oligarchy
Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [====|======]
-Attempts to garner any quick alliances fails, as nobody really cares to come to the aid of Angmar.
-A series of fortresses are built along the eastern border, although the Huns disregard them completely and thunder on past. Fortunately, these forts were far from complete, and the garrisons lost were minimal.
-Attempts to negotiate with the Huns fails. None of Angmar's diplomats return home.
-A counter horde of horse archers is summoned up, and Greek fire is implemented as a land weapon. Conscription policies spread to Angmar as well, enabling them to muster a rather large army.
-The Hunnic hordes have reached the Volga river, and the battle for Angmar begins.
-Initially the plan to hold off the Huns at the border had failed entirely, but at the Volga the Angmarans saw the merit of choke points, where they could guarantee the hordes would cross at the shallowest points. Using this knowledge, they manage to massacre and push back a few cavalry charges, but the Hunnic numbers were too great and they managed to cross anyway.
-The same tactics were then employed at the Don river with great success, and the Huns decided thus that it would be a better idea to steer clear of the Angmar region altogether.
-The Huns turn north, and for the most part are now avoiding Angmar entirely. Their numbers are also severely thinned, but Angmar did not get away unscathed. Despite the massive inflation of army size, they sill managed to lose a majority of their forces in the fighting, and a large portion of east Angmar has been ravaged by the Huns.
-The Byzantine Romans invade the southernmost regions of Angmar, and take over with extreme ease due to the northward concentration of Angmar's armies.

Cattonia (MadCat)

Govt: Kingdom
Army: [====|======]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [=========|=]
-Attempts to initiate an age based "draft" fails. Instead, the generals are starting to use conscription to raise troops.
-An army is sent west in search of mountains and new conquests.

Falconland (DouglasJFalcon)

Govt: Kingdom
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [=====|=====]
-Deer based cavalry is replacing a lot of footmen in the armies.
-The fleet is being reconstructed, and the idiot that sent the last one to its doom is executed.
-Apparently there was no system of legislative order in place before now. The King writes up a code of laws to amend that flaw.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 05:46PM EST

Fasier (DarkErmac)

Army: [=|=========]
Navy: [|==========]

Tech: [==|========]
-Herbal medicines increase the lifespan of the people.
-A moon based calendar is adopted.
-Gunpowder is not invented because you just can't do that in this age.
-Conscription becomes a common practice for the armies to raise troops.
-Strip mining becomes a regular method of hollowing out regions for metals.
-Slight military expansion begins to the west.

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Army: [=========|=]
Navy: [|==========]

Tech: [====|======]
-Chariots are abandoned in the army due to their stupidity. The cavalry forces have regained their momentum.
-Most of the ninjas in the capital city are captured and executed, while the rest flee back to wherever they came from.
-The crossbow is being used by the military now.
-The Deft army is sent to invade Falconland, and they begin raiding military outposts and encampments at night, utilizing flaming arrows to break their morale and route them. No mercy is given to the fleeing enemy, and running enemies are quickly cut down.
-The Deft and the Just armies are sent on a direct attack into Falconland, while the Gone army is sent in a long arcing path to the east, raiding small settlements and avoiding engagements with enemy forces.
-Low lying and thick stone walls are built around the citadel of the capitol building in Mertola.

Naronius (MisterJ)

Govt: Republic
Navy: [======|====]

-

Prometheus (Vlad)

Army: [======|====]
Navy: [====|======]

Tech: [==========|]
-Attempts to convince the Romans to send help to Angmar against the Huns fails entirely. Rome's internal politics are relaxed and corrupt, with very few generals or imperial advisers caring much even for Rome's allies. However, Rome does agree to a non-aggression pact between the eastern empire and Prometheus.
-A university dedicated to the Arts and Sciences is opened in Antioch. Prometheus is rapidly becoming the regional centre for education and knowledge.
-Considering the fact that most Promethean soldiers are well organized, uniformly armored and armoured, and look something along the lines of this, the attempts to "improve" their uniforms to simple cloth doesn't pass by the generals. The Promethean legions continue looking awesome.
-An army is sent to assist the Angmar.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

Army: [==|========]
Navy: [=|=========]

Tech: [=======|===]
-Rossiya evacuates their library, intellectuals, generals, and the senate to Tehran.
-Due to the republic's transfer to a colony of non-culturally Rossiyan people, the senate adopts a oligarchical structure in which their decedents adopt leadership positions.
-A golden sword, titled the "Slavic Brotherhood," is sent to the Angmar king.

Syserror (BSOD)

Navy: [=======|===]

Tech: [========|==]
-Roads are built extensively.
-Metallic weapons are implemented to the armies, if they weren't already.
-The "woomera" is adopted by the army.
-Sydney is constantly reminded of their origins, and the mutual friendship becomes more of a vassalage. They continue their campaign against the Magwoli who, being a primitive, nearly nomadic stone age people, are crushed underfoot with ease.
-People of the islands, far and wide, are recruited into the military and sent forth on an offensive against the islands to the north of Magwoli.

Teclos (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Army: [=======|===]

Tech: [========|==]
-The queen successfully convinces the Roman Emperor that Prometheus is a dangerous faction, and thus destroys their efforts to attain Roman military support against the Huns.
-A naval and military academy is established.
-Christianity is adopted by the royal family, and quickly spreads to the other regions of the kingdom.
-An expedition is launched into northern Germania.
-In Africa, the armies head southward, deep into Morocco.
-Public education "of the masses" being completely irrational and unneeded at this time period, remains as public as it could have been. That being none at all.
-Alchemy is beginning to produce the basic foundations of chemistry and the study of the elements.
-The jails are emptied out as criminals are sent off to fight in Germania.
-Chariots are improved with scythed wheels and horses armoured with padded leather.
-Armoured elephants are fitted with large "chariot" vehicles, which turn out to be little more than mobile elephant-towed siege towers.

Vulcan (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Republic
Army: [======|====]

-The army's size is increased quite a bit through conscription, and they adopt the Roman legionary formations, attempting to mirror their southern neighbors as best as they can.
-Trade with Teclos has vastly increased the amount and type of goods available to the Vulcans
-New ships are being built, called longboats. Propelled mostly by sail rather than oars, they are capable of quite a distance in travel, and can manage to traverse the open ocean easier.
-The invasion of Eire continues, and the island is consolidated under Vulcan rule.
-Celtic influences are crushed in regions with strong Vulcan control, but in northern Britannia they still persist.
-The eviction of Celts from Ireland has formed a massive warband that emigrated to northern Britannia and has plundered Vulcan settlements in the region. A Pictish king has united the lands under his rule.
-An expedition to explore the Baltic maps out some interesting coastline.
-Brass instruments have been invented. These horns, as well as deep heavy metal drums, are used frequently for keeping in tune with military marches.

Cale wrote:

The Huns turn north, Byzantine is very near it's peak.

The storm is passing. Angmar lives.

Will the Huns be passed by next turn?

Look at how far they traveled this turn. That's about how far west they will move next turn as well.

Also, the Byzantine peak doesn't occur until the sixth century, under Justinian.

It won't last long tho.

Syndic wrote:

Look at how far they traveled this turn. That's about how far west they will move next turn as well.

Also, the Byzantine peak doesn't occur until the sixth century, under Justinian.

It won't last long tho.

It looks like I'm right in the path of their expansion, But they wouldn't crush the Middle East's center of education and knowledge, right?

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 06:12PM EST

O HAI! You must login or signup first!