KYM Mafia Reboot 3!

Last posted Dec 26, 2011 at 03:02AM EST. Added Dec 13, 2011 at 03:52PM EST
264 conversations with 15 participants

You sons of bitches.

Well Ill cast my vote for Nikolkai

Dec 18, 2011 at 01:39AM EST
It was a dark night…on Black Lake…“Now’s as good a time as any to go fishing…”

RANDOMMAN Y U FISH IN SYMBOLIC DARK ALLEY

Anyway, make the vote close to see where the mafia’s voting. I’ll wait until the rest of the votes are in and then I’ll throw in like last time to even things out. It’s easier for the mafia to win this time since they don’t have to outnumber the villagers.

Dec 18, 2011 at 02:05AM EST

Oh crap. RandomMan, WHYYYY?!! And, I’m going to agree with Verbose. I’ll keep my vote Neutral for now until more votes pile up.

Dec 18, 2011 at 02:09AM EST

Going to go ahead and make it official, when Mafia takes up 33% to 50% of the population they win. If 3 Mafia and 4 villagers Mafia wins. If 2 Mafia and 3 villagers Mafia wins. If 1 Mafia and 2 villagers Mafia wins. Seems reasonable to me, but please raise any objections now or forever hold you peace.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 02:22AM EST
Dec 18, 2011 at 02:21AM EST

Alright, my Mafia list updated.
Raptur, RM, BSoD not now, Ardent, Riyku, Dougie.
I vote for the captain.
@rapturjesus
Niko was mafia last time, MC wouldn’t make him mafia again.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 12:49PM EST
Dec 18, 2011 at 12:49PM EST

sorry i was inactive guys i’ll say Who i think is mafia:
Verbose Raptur captin falcon
that’s who i think is the mafia right now i don’t have a forth one right now

I vote captin falcon

Dec 18, 2011 at 01:00PM EST

So that is:

Shadow: Falcon
ItizPWNED: Falcon
rapturjesus: Nikolaki

Captain Falcon: 2
Nikolaki8: 1

Dec 18, 2011 at 01:55PM EST

@ItizPWNED, Syndicfan

You make a good point.

I switch my vote to ItizPWNED, Syndicfan

Dec 18, 2011 at 02:16PM EST

rapturjesus wrote:

@ItizPWNED, Syndicfan

You make a good point.

I switch my vote to ItizPWNED, Syndicfan

Dec 18, 2011 at 02:20PM EST

Oh whoops, looks like I wasn’t subscribed to the thread.

Man, Raptur is on a lot of lists again already… Too bad about RM, but at least it wasn’t another immediate doctor kill, you know? Then again, it is rare the doctor makes a correct assumption, sooooo… But hey, what are we gonna do? I think… Hm. Gotta be careful here, since anyone we kill might be the sheriff. It would be kinda funny if the first guy we mobbed was the sheriff though, talk about screwing yourself over. For now I think I may be sitting on the sidelines, till I get a better look at what everyone does and says, you know?

Dec 18, 2011 at 03:16PM EST

You seem cautious, Ardent.

Dec 18, 2011 at 03:40PM EST

Don’t we want a tie? The whole idea is that if one has a mafia in their count it’ll make it so that its obvious who’s mafia.

Dec 18, 2011 at 06:16PM EST

I have no idea if either Falcon or Itiz could be a mafia

If I break the tie and the executed individual turns out to be a villager then I risk being targeted as a mafia myself. And I know I am already being suspected due to my previous inactivity in this thread.

There is a high probability that both Itiz and Falcon are villagers, I’m not sure I want to risk it.

The first round is always the hardest to vote on

[edit]

Hang on…

Itiz said:

I don’t recall that being a rule. I though the mafia were selected randomly and it is perfectly possible to be mafia twice in a row. Didn’t we see that happen in a previous mafia game?

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 08:50PM EST
Dec 18, 2011 at 08:23PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I have no idea if either Falcon or Itiz could be a mafia

If I break the tie and the executed individual turns out to be a villager then I risk being targeted as a mafia myself. And I know I am already being suspected due to my previous inactivity in this thread.

There is a high probability that both Itiz and Falcon are villagers, I’m not sure I want to risk it.

The first round is always the hardest to vote on

[edit]

Hang on…

Itiz said:

I don’t recall that being a rule. I though the mafia were selected randomly and it is perfectly possible to be mafia twice in a row. Didn’t we see that happen in a previous mafia game?

If you are a mafia your vote does not count during the day phase, right? So what are you worried about brah?

Dec 18, 2011 at 08:47PM EST

@raptur

Well I’m not a mafia and my vote counts, so yes I need to be worried.

And besides I do not see any rule that states that mafia votes do not count.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 08:56PM EST
Dec 18, 2011 at 08:54PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@raptur

Well I’m not a mafia and my vote counts, so yes I need to be worried.

And besides I do not see any rule that states that mafia votes do not count.

If you vote and your vote counts then your a villager. If your vote doesn’t count then that means one or more of the people that you voted for are mafia.

Ex. You vote in this tie breaker. The person you voted for had two but since the mafia vote doesn’t count it would still be two. That means one of the three people that voted for this person would be mafia.

I can see why you think you should be worried but posting that your worried only makes you a more likely suspect.

Dec 18, 2011 at 09:12PM EST

The temptation of killing a mod was just too big huh guys.

But as the situation currently is with a tie. I can assume all the maffia either haven’t voted, or haven’t responded yet. If they vote and nothing happens or the other gets killed, they are narrowing down the choices a lot.

Captain is currently trying to save his own ass through reverse psychology, so my guess is that he jumped the gun a bit and is currently trying to make up for it.

So if my vote still counted, I would give it to Captain. Or one of the people who hasn’t voted yet.

Last edited Dec 18, 2011 at 09:27PM EST
Dec 18, 2011 at 09:19PM EST

@raptur

Stating that I am worried about killing off a villager makes me no more suspicious than attempting to sway other peoples votes in favor of their own self-interest.

I vote for rapturjesus for attempting to alienate me

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:14PM EST

ItizPWNED- 2
Captain Douglas J. Falcon- 2
rapturjesus- 1

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:23PM EST

I think Random’s pretty much right here. Captain does seem a little impulsive too, so that seems in line with going after the mod too. Captaain Douglas J. Falcon

Dec 19, 2011 at 02:21PM EST

Two and a half hours until voting ends.

Dec 19, 2011 at 04:35PM EST

ItizPWNED: 2
Captain Douglas J. Falcon: 3
rapturjesus: 1

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 04:55PM EST
Dec 19, 2011 at 04:55PM EST

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

BSoD! HELP!

He’s having computer problems.

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:08PM EST

wait WHAT?
you WILL lose an important vote against the mafia if you do this.

You said this last time. I was Sheriff, MC was Doc, you were villager.

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:12PM EST

Captain Falcon- 3
Itiz- 1
rapturjesus-2

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:22PM EST

yes but its a different game.
why dont we all gang up on rapturjesus?

Wow, so quick to change your vote? Suspicious indeed.

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:35PM EST

yes but its a different game.
why dont we all gang up on rapturjesus?

Now i’m really starting to think your mafia

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:36PM EST

2 to 3 to 1… Thanks for counting, Shadow. madcat. Ugh, the votes! They change! So I have to change in order to keep the votes close. However, that makes my vote much easier.

I was going to vote for ItizPWNED in order to have a more certain tie breaker or to have a vote that seemed like a tie but didn’t end up as a tie, but since rapturjesus is closer to Falcon now, I can vote for him instead (and not have to endanger PWNED!). My vote is for rapturjesus.

It also helps to save Falcon. Don’t say I didn’t do anything for you, Falcon.

So as it stands, there would be a 3 to 3 (to a likely irrelevant 1) vote. From the results, we can figure out what scenarios could not have occurred and which scenarios must have occurred. And then possible scenarios that could be considered. DEDUCTION!

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:39PM EST

To keep a tie, I will vote for ItizPWNED. I have nothing against you, but right now we need a tie.

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:54PM EST

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

To keep a tie, I will vote for ItizPWNED. I have nothing against you, but right now we need a tie.

‘Sokay. It’s for the best, and if I die, so be it.
WAIT COCKS WHAT IF THE MAFIA SPREAD OUT TO ALL 3!?

Dec 19, 2011 at 06:03PM EST

Actually in a certain way it might be smart to create a tiebreaker with a difference of 1 vote. If the person with 1 vote more gets killed, we know all his voters aren’t maffia (minus 1 if the maffia split up their votes).

As for the votes, Captain Falcon is still number 1 suspect for me. But I’m starting to believe lambob is maffia as well. Things just turn up too good for him. He had to wait both times for Verbose to act. The first time he just followed Verbose in staying neutral and the second time he just had to vote for Itiz, who has the least chance of getting killed. The risk of him getting revealed is zero.

So here’s a challenge. Verbose, I ask you to change your vote to Itiz. Then Itiz will have 3 votes, just as Captain Falcon. If my suggestions are right and lambob is maffia, Falcon should get killed. Of course Verbose can be maffia as well, but I’m heading more to lambob with the current situations.

So as situations currently are for the 3 roles of maffia, I’m suspecting Falcon, lambob and I don’t got a third person yet.

Man, the role of dead villager is perfect for me. I can suspect everyone and nobody has to think I’m lying.

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 06:13PM EST
Dec 19, 2011 at 06:05PM EST

I’m making a second post for this, but we got a problem.

So as you can read, Natsuru will be absent for a while. So what to do with his role in the game. If he’s medic or sheriff (or maffia), we just got an useless role.

A solution might be that we give me whatever role he had and let him get killed instead. But I leave that to the Narrator.

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 06:12PM EST
Dec 19, 2011 at 06:11PM EST

@Random: Right, you weren’t here for the last game. I was mafia and neutrality was my basic plan (I died on the first turn). I tend to watch and throw my vote wherever it’s needed. My plan here is basically to keep the tie between the two highest vote. If one dies, we know that one of the votes on the survivor was mafia, narrowing down our options. If none of them die, we vote again on the two choices, we’d then know that there was an equal number of legitimate votes for both people. Of course, Itiz has brought up a problem. Suppose the mafia decided to split up their votes between these three options. This would make it harder for us to track them. In all honesty, I think the best option here would be to split up the votes for Itiz between the other two options. But I’m going to refrain from that until the other Itiz vote has moved. I’d rather not wreck the tie we currently have.

Dec 19, 2011 at 06:14PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

I’m making a second post for this, but we got a problem.

So as you can read, Natsuru will be absent for a while. So what to do with his role in the game. If he’s medic or sheriff (or maffia), we just got an useless role.

A solution might be that we give me whatever role he had and let him get killed instead. But I leave that to the Narrator.

It is tempting to let you back in Random, but Natsuru already sent a message saying his role would be fine until he gets back. If he’s gone for another Day and Night Cycle I’ll let you take his role.

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 06:20PM EST
Dec 19, 2011 at 06:16PM EST

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

@Random: Right, you weren’t here for the last game. I was mafia and neutrality was my basic plan (I died on the first turn). I tend to watch and throw my vote wherever it’s needed. My plan here is basically to keep the tie between the two highest vote. If one dies, we know that one of the votes on the survivor was mafia, narrowing down our options. If none of them die, we vote again on the two choices, we’d then know that there was an equal number of legitimate votes for both people. Of course, Itiz has brought up a problem. Suppose the mafia decided to split up their votes between these three options. This would make it harder for us to track them. In all honesty, I think the best option here would be to split up the votes for Itiz between the other two options. But I’m going to refrain from that until the other Itiz vote has moved. I’d rather not wreck the tie we currently have.

You’re actually telling me you went for neutrality as maffia last time.

This post just made you even more of a suspect to me.

@madcat

I’m ok with that, would hate to ruin the game for him.

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 06:17PM EST
Dec 19, 2011 at 06:17PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

You’re actually telling me you went for neutrality as maffia last time.

This post just made you even more of a suspect to me.

@madcat

I’m ok with that, would hate to ruin the game for him.

I’m just explaining why I go for neutrality. One vote can shift the whole game, and I’d rather use my vote responsibly. Also, I had no choice but to remain neutral in the last game. I was found to be the mafia and so any vote I gave afterward would go ignored.

Edit: So really, it’s a situation in which my influence over the villagers (none) just so happened to coincide with my views of voting (neutral to aid the villagers, not lead).

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 06:21PM EST
Dec 19, 2011 at 06:19PM EST

I’m going to build suspense and tension. 40 minutes left to vote.

Dec 19, 2011 at 06:21PM EST

I’m actually going for this setup as maffia.

Lambob and Captain Falcon are both maffia and both of them have voted for Itiz. This will keep the votes neutral as only legal votes are creating a tie. And since Itiz is the person with 1 vote less, they can’t be suspected by the outcome.

The role for third maffia then goes to Natsuru, who hasn’t voted yet.

So if anyone switches his vote to Itiz and the other of either Falcon or rapturjesus gets killed, we can assume that at least one of Falcon or lambob is maffia. If not, both. The villager who switches his vote also assures his safety as a non-maffia as we then can assume he was a villager through the outcome. If the outcome will be as I expect it.

If the vote switches and it then becomes neutral, we can still narrow down our choices quite a bit.

Last edited Dec 19, 2011 at 06:28PM EST
Dec 19, 2011 at 06:23PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!